When will it be on DVD?

KVASEY

[1]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 1
    What are they waiting for?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TelFan7

[2]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    KVASEY wrote:
    What are they waiting for?

Who knows?

CALIDOBO

[3]Dec 17, 2006
    does this site have the episodes to download season 2 bionic woman1 & part2? how about return of the bionic woman1 & 2? can't find it anywhere expect in the U.K.! Thanks, calidobo@optonline.net

supperkat

[4]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 6
    It's out on DVD already Go To TVDVDPLANET.COM they sell that show on there too.

odino_

[5]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 29
    it's out in the UK, but anybody selling it to the you for a NA region will be fake

mojo7600

[6]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 2
    The Six Million Dollar Man(seasons 1-5) set are only available from bootleggers.

reyguel

[7]Mar 9, 2007
    you can actually go to youtube.com and put "six million dollar man" (without the qoutation marks) and watch clips of the show. If you do it right, you can put the clip in order and watch a whole episode. Just watch the ending of one clip and choose the clip that picks up where the last one left off. I did the "Death Probe" episode last night. It was hard and sometimes confusing , but I did it.

cherronedavis

[8]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    I ordered from DVDPlanet and while they do have a large selection of tv shows, they are not directly from the studio; they are recorded from cable and put on disc in vcd format. I was totally disappointed, but they are a great company in that they will either replace your discs or give you a refund.

peprmpati

[9]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    If you buy the dvd from outside the USA. The DVD most likely not work. The DVD needs to be formated for Region 1 which is for the USA DVD players.

MikeL82

[10]May 18, 2007
    • level: 3

I just found a Six Million Dollar Man DVD set listed on www.tvboxset.com. There are actually some links for that site on this site.

I just purchased the complete Adam 12 series from them today, so right now I can't personally vouch for the quality of what they sell.

charley28

[11]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 66
    There is a bunch of legal hoopla over the rights to both the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman names. The rights to something expired and someone else grabbed them up. I believe that it's the Martin Caidin novel rights, who is the authour that penned Cyborg, which the SMDM was based off of.

bionicwoman_js

[12]Oct 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    probably never in the US

my1sunshine

[13]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 12
    Unfortunately, Universal and their greedy minions have taken down most of the postings, due to copyright infringement. It's not like people can burn them or anything. And you would think anybody seeing those posts, would spark interest in the old show, and they make more money when the DVD comes out. But that would make sense, and we can't have that. Logic has nothing to do with corporate mentality. I mean, God, there heads would explode, man.

usmc1944

[14]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 17

You can buy it original from the British Amazon, it's been out for a while there, it's not expensive ($30 for Season 1):

Six Million Dollar Man Season 1

The Bionic Woman Season 1

Luca

usmc1944

[15]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 17

To anyone worried about DVD Region, there is a program called DVD Region+CSS Free (click for website) , it's perfectly legal and makes your computer blind to the DVD region. I have used it for 4 years now, since I buy often DVDs in my trips to Europe of movies made in Italy and France and it has worked 100% of the time.

Luca

my1sunshine

[16]Jun 21, 2008

charley28 wrote:
    There is a bunch of legal hoopla over the rights to both the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman names. The rights to something expired and someone else grabbed them up. I believe that it's the Martin Caidin novel rights, who is the authour that penned Cyborg, which the SMDM was based off of.

Yeah..there are several lawsuits, and untangling them is like pulling teeth. If certain copywrites arent used..after awhile they expire. SMDM and most elements of the original Bionic Womanfall under the same license as the Martin Cadin novel "Cyborg". When those writes expired, Dimension films bought them up. But Cadin's estate was not paid in the sale, nor, as I understand it, get any royalties from re-runs and such..and is suing Dimension and Universal both. Universal wants to buy the writes back and negotiate on joint venture with Dimension, who are being hit also through new Line by Peter Jackson over the Lord Of The Rings saga royalty debate. Universal and dimension have had a couple joint projects, so Dimension wants to negotiate, but it's legal hands are tied. Add to that, Lee Majors is suing Universal over past royalties as well.

All of this is why the new Bionic Woman bore so little resemblance to the original. They even had to change the technology because of the Cadin suit! They only had license to the name Jamie Sommers, through Kenneth Johnson..I believe.

The only other thing I know, is that Richard Anderson, Kenneth Johnson, and Harve Bennett are constantly talking to both studios about some way out of this , but as long as this stuff is happening, it's unlikely we'll see any DVD U.S. release anytime soon.

Hoeech

[17]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 66
    supperkat wrote:
    It's out on DVD already Go To TVDVDPLANET.COM they sell that show on there too.

The site's gone. Most sites I have found that were selling it were putting out cheap homemade DVDs made from TV recordings. I picked one up a few months ago. Half the disks didn't load and those that did still had the commercials in them (or chunks of them due to poor editting).

my1sunshine

[18]Apr 3, 2010

IMPOTANT NEWS: Although not official from the studio yet, it has been confirmed by several sources that an OFFICIAL release of BOTH Bionic shows are pending!!!! The legal issues were apparently resolved awhile ago, and a prior release was planned, but abandoned for various reasons. BUT, Kenneth Johnston is currently recording episode commentary for episodes of the Bionic Woman releases, and SMDM release production is being developed as well. Tentitive Release dates range from Fall this year to sometime next year. But that's okay. They need to get it right. We've waited this long! Episodes WILL be remastered and Johnston has promised extras galore! Hopefully, the crossover episodes will be shone with their original credits, and the three pre-series telefilms will be shown as they originally aired. No word yet if their will be complete series sets or individual season releases. But Johnston also confirms that the three reunion movies will be included as releases.

So.... save up your pennies, fellow BionicFans!! Our long awaited moment of rapture will be here soon!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!

DugArt

[19]Jul 30, 2010
    According to Wikipedia, the entire season of the six million dollar man will be released in Nov., and the first season of the Bionic woman will be released in Oct. Can't wait!

saskabush2004

[20]Oct 29, 2010
    Making sure the info is current, the complete Six Million Dollar Man is being released as a single 40-disc set (along with the reunion movies) by Time Life on Nov. 23, 2010. The set will be available only by mail order for the first year or so (as happened with Get Smart and The Man from UNCLE) before seeing regular retail release. The Bionic Woman is being released in individual season sets by Universal, with Season 1 issued on Oct. 19, 2010 and the others expected in 2011. Both sets will overlap with the inclusion of the various crossover episodes for completeness.