Will you watch

KatePH

[1]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 4
    The remake with Jim Carrey?  I personally will not.  I think Lee Majors II (Lee's real son) should do the remake but that's just me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lhcjr

[2]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 5
    Is the remake in production? I haven't heard any buzz for quite some time. I agree with KatePH, if Jim Carrey does it there will be no question that it will be a parody. Lee Majors II would be a good choice for the lead. Richard Anderson, Lindsay Wagner and Lee Majors could do cameos.

TelFan7

[3]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 6

Jim Carrey already said several months ago that he won't be making a remake of the "The Six Million Dollar Man". That still leaves either the Chris Rock remake (another parody) or the one I'm hoping for (serious) in which Japan isn't as peaceful as the world has assumed since WWII and are building a giant fleet of nuclear powered and weaponed submarines in under water caves to prevent satellites from detecting them to try their hand once again at world domination. How about the guy who played his son Michael (that's not Lee II)?

TelFan7

[4]Jul 31, 2006

Which of these do you prefer for the Steve Austin character?

1. Keep the bionic parts as they were in the series, both legs, right arm, and left eye (but give him a metal spine and back muscles so he won't break his back lifting heavy objects, the one mistake the series made).

2. The book version in which it's the left arm, and the eye (not sure of right or left) is only an infrared camera (not used for seeing with). Also since he had no metal spine or back muscles he could only break or smash heavy objects or items, not lift them. He did have a metal skull to prevent someone from knocking him out with a blow to the head.

3. Or having his brain implanted in an android body.

KatePH

[5]Aug 1, 2006
    Well the last I heard was Jim C was going to do it but as I read this thread I see he isn't doing it after all.  I would prefer Chris Rock not do it either.  Although I do know that the bionic reunion movies were trying to make it lighter. 

KatePH

[6]Aug 1, 2006
    The actor who played Michael Austin was Tom Schanley who I just noticed was on an episode of charmed and is currently working on some projects now.

TelFan7

[7]Aug 1, 2006

I also seem to remember that either Leonardo DiCaprio and/or Brad Pitt were also being considered for the Steve Austin role. But between Tom Schanley or Lee Majors II, I'd rather it be Tom. Lee II just doesn't seem the bionic (Steve Austin) type to me even thought he is his son. The best thing to do would be to do what they've done for the Superman movies and that would be to get a reletively unknown actor as the late Christopher Reeve was and was Brandon Routh. I'd like it to be someone who has at least some resemblance to Lee I. I'd also like them to either have him be a brain in an android body or if there going to stick with just legs, arm, and an eye, but this time include metal spine and back muscles to make it realistic since a real bionic person would need those for heavy-duty lifting to make it his left arm. That's the way the novels by Martin Caidin were plus that's how I am so I'd like a left-handed hero. That means they would need a left-handed actor for the role. He's probably right-armed bionic on the show since Lee Majors is.

Also did you know that Monte Markham who played Barney Miller on "The Seven Miller Dollar Man" and then changed to Hiller for "The Bionic Criminal" was Martin Caidin's first choice for Steve Austin? In fact he wrote them with Monte in mind (Steve resembled Monte not Lee).

And why do people keep erroneously thinking this was Glen A. Larson's show!! He only worked on two TV Movies before the series started "Wine, Women, and War" and "The Solid Gold Kidnapping" and that's it!! Kenneth Johnson, Herve Bennett, and the Strangis' (Greg and Sam, I believe there's also a third one named Bob?) brothers or is it father and sons were the ones behind the show. They now work on CSI.

KatePH

[8]Aug 3, 2006
    I didn't know that about the 7 million Dollar Man (although I did have a book about TV and it did do a chapter/unit on the Six Million Dollar Man.  However, Thank you for the correction I forgot that.  I was probably thinking of his other show Fall Guy in which Glen Larsen did produce it. My bad.

jd1975

[9]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    I think they should go for some unknown, a-la Brandon Roth, or such. Agree with the comments about him having a proper Bionic chassy/shock absorbers, in order to prevent any serious damage to his working body parts. I don't think the character should actually be Steve, but rather a completely new character with Lee in a lesser cameo role, guiding him like Ollie Reed in "Gladiator", the same for Richard, Lindsay, Martin E. Brooks, etc.

pintac

[10]May 10, 2007
    i will always watch the six million dollar man