The Slayers

Monday 9:30 AM on AT-X Premiered Apr 01, 1995 In Season

Angus_Mac

The Slayers Fan Reviews (13)

• Great! I love the Slayers its so funny even if the mood is serious Gourry always finds a way to be a ditzs.

In a way I think Lina and Gourry were made for each other...*breaks out in laughter* Okay maybe not but they do look cute together; Lina totaly obsessed with money and Gourry well...Ya just gotta love him. But they sure do make a good team as long as they're not stuffing their faces with food. I also think Zel and Amelia compliment each other Zel just wants to get back to normal and Amelia is completly for fighting in the name of Justice: insane, yet lovable *sigh* they sure have been through alot together Oh and I almost forgot about Silphel! I don't think I spelled that right...oh well. But she's awesom...Yeah well I like the show great stuff *sigh*
    DRAGON SLAVE!
  • Slayers is a classic anime but so far it is still my favorite.

It is quite a long time after I finished watching the first Slayers.I have more impressions of Slayers Next and Try.Slayers is a terrific anime,when I watched the first episode,I would go on watching.Every character is funny,especially Xellos and Felia.Only Xellos can drive Felia crazy,and I find everytime Felia raises her tail or turns into a golden dragon,this really makes her cute.Lina also has lovely side for example when she meets clams,and Lina obeys her sister.A letter from her sister can make her hide in the pyramid then fall underground.Zelgadis seems the most serious person among them.In fact,as he is with Amelia,he becomes a funny guy.

In reguard to the voice acting,I have heard three version:Taiwan version,Japanese and English ones.I am surprised that every character's voice is similar to their counterparts.They are all professional voice actors.

Slayers was my favorite in childhood,but still,it is my favorite.
  • Slayers. Classic anime at it's prime. Good story telling as well as well rounded characters.

"Slayers" is a phenomenal show about a cast of heroes (Erm….or no-so-heroes) That save the world over and over and over. And of course, they do it for a profit. It is like the traditional fantasy novel with a twist. The characters all have their stereotypical roles-the brave heroine, the strong knight, the cursed mage, the perky princess, the man you can't tell which side he's on…plus an array of other characters that move in and out of the story line (Another princess, a priestess, a swordsman, a dragon, a pacifist prince…). Where this differs from other fantasy stories is the fact that each of these characters has major flaws. The heroine, Lina Inverse is, overall, a thief, greedy and very VERY conscious of her body. The strong knight, Goury, is a blockhead that probably forgets to breath all the time. The cursed Mage, Zelgadis, is usually gets the blunt of the harassment delt out and has been used as an anchor. Amelia, the Princess, is far too perky and her ideals of justice are warped, overall.

Every last character takes the stereotypes and flips them on their ear, to use a cliché. No matter what you think will happen, it is always finds a way to surprise you. The story lines are also very well plotted and thought out. It flows nicely from one series into another, as well as the many movies it has produced. I highly recommend Slayers to any anime fan who enjoys the classic fantasy story.
  • very nice anime

A great anime that combines fantasy, drama, and comedy. Often having comedic moments thrown right in the middle of very serious ones. One nice thing about this series is that it was created as an Anime first, rather than a manga(comic). What that means is there are virtually no "filler" episodes, which means the main story doesn't get dragged down by pointless side stories. Slayers also has a suprisingly pleasant English voice cast. Aside from a very small selection of moments, the voices are very well done. They don't always sound like their Japanese counterparts, but they often portray their character much better. I prefer subbed-Japanese as much as the next person, but this series is an exception. All of the original music is left intact as well. No horribly thought out replacements. This series is a pleasure to watch from beginning to end.
  • Slayers was a good series, i liked it it was better every season, My review is inside, it did get better every season but my favorite was Slayer Next the 2nd season. See my review it is more in depth.

Slayers got better every season. The first one was good, where they fought agasnit the Dark Lord, it was also funny at the same time it had a serious tone. I mean the world was going to end. I liked it better when the voice of Zelgadis changed, the other was just not right, it was to soft, had no charactor to it. Crispon(sorry if i spelled it wrong) Freeman, he was better, i just loved his voice. Then at the last part of the first season Lina was like an inch away from death, i almost cried, but it was funny, i never thought blood would come from her like that, you know i thought she was going to die!
    The Second Season NEXT was my Favorite, my love Xellos was in it. At first his voice was weird David Moo, but like all of the voices in Eng i got used to it, he was my favorite person, he was funny, he was powerful but you never wanted to make him mad, he like me i think, him and Lina, i have a quick temper but i liek to play around and i never really get into fights like Xellos i just start them, and like him i am cunning i get ppl to do what i want without actually saying it you know. But there is one thing about Xellos, if he is playing around and his eyes are close (so to speak)everything is ok, but if there open..., that is the only time he could scare me, frankly he is the only one in that entire series that could scare me. Then you know Martina came she just got on my nerves just like Ameila, but the episode where Lina had to sing and at the end Lina blew her up that was funny. Then at the end everyone dies (almost) Lina got so mad. She did the Giga Slave, then everyone lives and Hellmaster dies.
    Third Season TRY, it was okay i wanted to see Luna Inverse, but hey you can not get every thing you want. Fila did not like her, felt sorry for Valgaav, you know you have to. I got ticked off at the episode in wonderland, i mean who the heck likes ... never mind i like penuiguns just not them on T.V (has to do with that March of the Penguins)i liek them just not a lot. It was okay, Darkstart stuff cool. My favorite Darkstar Weapon was the last one. Gavaru or somthing. The bow so much power, i liked it. Anyway the overworld gods, i like Sirus the best, he had pink hair ( like pink but like purple and black best dark colors)and was all cool, after all he was the only one to surive. The ending sucked i wanted to know what happned next, the fourth season but they decided not to do it.
  • A classic any Anime lover should see.

• Must keep watching!

I would say The Slayers is a really fun show to watch, Lina is my favorite Character Lina and I are similar in ways, we both have a sense of adventure, and never seems to give up on anything takes people by surprise. And we both have Big Appities and Love to argue and don't do things we say we'll do but don't do it anyway. But after all it's a AWESOME SHOW! GO SLAYERS!
  • Lina is your general fifteen-year old girl who blows up bandits on a regular basis. She is known as the bandit-killer, Dramatta, and other obscene names. With her more-than-slightly-dense partner, Gourry, she roams the world blowing up the baddies.

This show is fast paced, humorous, with girl kicking power. This show started a journey which led me through all of their adventures, and I have never regretted a moment.

Lina Inverse is the perfect heroine. She has confidence in herself, she strong, with a I-won't-take-no-for-an-answer attitude. I've always completely adored her.

Gourry Gabriev is dumb, but he has an awfully big heart. He's strong, and is very dedicated.

The other characters that are shown later in the series have always remained close to my heart. Zelgadis, Amelia, Xelloss, Filia, Val....all of them. You'll laugh and cry at their antics.

These aren't your run of the mill characters with the heroine being some damsel in distress. These are characters to look up to, and this is shown throughout this series.

This is a perfect show to start off with when entering the Anime Zone. It has every component wished for: comedy, drama, action, a tinge of romance, and much more.
  • This is my Favorite Anime

Slayers was the anime that introduced me to the whole subbing world. Before I watched Slayers I watched the dubbed Sailor Moon and never knew anything was wrong with it. Now that I've learned about dubbing and subbing from the Slayers I understand alot more about anime. So thanks to the Slayers I am the anime freak that I am today.
    My favorite series of Slayers is Slayers Try because it has Filia and Xelloss together witch gives it a more extra treat to watch. I just adore those two. So if anyone wants to take a word from me this is a great series that all anime fans have to see in their life time.
  • ^ | | |

I agree that this show does not get the gratification it deserves and alot of the sounds from this show have spanned off into other very excellent shows like Dragon Ball Z so if it werent for this show many shows would be very very sad, and this concludes my Reviw of Slayers
  • I loved how lina was so worry about her older sister find her and how she use to treat her and i liked the plot and the action also the small chest jokes was funny enjoyed all the charts i just wish it never ended i enjoyed it so much

I loved how lina was so worry about her older sister find her and how she use to treat her and i liked the plot and the action also the small chest jokes was funny enjoyed all the charts i just wish it never ended i enjoyed it so much.
  • Watch as a flat-chested, hot-heated teenage girl and a man with a brain smaller than a walnut tackle the challenges that are thrown at them. And laugh maniacally as they screw up.

Lina Inverse made her living by stealing everything she could get her grubby little hands on. However, one day she is drawn into something much deeper when she meets an idiot named Gourry and a couple of villains who want her dead.

Sounds serious? Then you have obviously never seen a single episode of The Slayers. It's quirky, it's weird, it has a tolerable dub, and the characters will leave you laughing every time. Whether Lina gets smashed into a tree and yells "Koala!" instead of "Ow!" or Gourry is being a complete moron per usual, you will find that this show is very entertaining. Though the art style is a little bit strange and the animation not as good as it could be, The Slayers is still a show deserving of respect.
  • Lina Inverse is your ordiary teenager,short and flat-chested!Gourry is a normal guy with a magnificent sword.Together,they make up The Slayers,who are out to rob from the rich and give to themselves.Wherever there be a resturant,you will alwayz find this

If you were looking for an anime that is series,turn tail and run right away.*Slayers* is definitely not that show!But,if you love comedy with an extra dash of stupidity,you will absolutely adore this show.Comprised of 3 26-ep-series' for a total of 78 eps.,*Slayers* is one of the most hilarious animes I have ever seen.