The Smoggies

(ended 1992)

The Smoggies Fan Reviews (2)

6.6
  • Maybe not ahead of its time regarding graphics and animation but certainly in terms of content. The Suntots cared for the environment and used solar and wind power long before it was cool.

Growing up this was essential viewing for my younger sister and I. We knew all the words to the theme song as I assume many of my peers did (and possibly still do!). I thought the Suntots rocked and I wanted to be Princess Lila. I hated the Smoggies; Miss Emma, Polluto and Clarance. ...I just wish I could remember if those Smoggies ever did manage to get themselves some of that magic coral. I certainly hope they didn't!

I thought this was an excellent cartoon as a child and believe its message is still relevent today, perhaps even more so than when it was aired back in the late 80's.
  • Compelling and Thought-Provoking

One of my fondest childhood memories, watching the smoggies, this show is a masterpiece. It stuns me to see the poor ratings given to this show by other users. For it moment it first hit the air waves this show was an instant classic. It is also a valuable teaching tool to warn children about the dangers of polluting th planet.