The Sopranos

Cold Stones

Aired Unknown May 21, 2006 on HBO

• Move over Valium...there's a new sleep inducer in town!

5.9
    Oh...My...God...what a boring episode. I wanted to enjoy it. I really did. But watching Carmella walk around snapping pictures in Paris and waxing philisophical and reflecting on the finer points of her life was like going to Aunt Ruth's house to watch her slide show of her latest trip to the Grand Canyon!

I nearly lapsed into a coma!

The 2 death scenes redeemed the show somewhat, though I thought the Vito death was a bit anti-climactic after such a LONG build-up. I did like how Phil literally "came out of the closet" just before Vito died though. Was this symbolizing Phil's own hidden homosexual tendencies? Is that why he had to be so vocal about his disapproval of Vito's lifestyle? He saw him as a reflection of himself?

I dunno...and honestly I don't really care. The Vito story went on way too long.

As far as the other death, who the h eck was the guy who died? There are so many damn characters in this show now that I can't remember who the hell is who anymore. I barely recognized the big fat slob who died so I didn't really care about seeing him get stabbed to death. It just seemed sort of contrived.

The AJ story is going on too long. Lord, Anthony, be the big fat mob boss that you are and kick AJ's ass so we don't have to put up with him any more.

All in all, a boring, catatonic snooze of an episode.

Now, all you hardcore Sopranos fans who can't admit that every episode is anything less than absolutely perfect, go ahead and click the old disagree button.

Then, go back and watch any episode from season 1 or 2 and see if you remain convinced that this season is anywhere near as good as those classics! I'm sorry...Carmella slugging around in Paris for 30 minutes of the show just doesn't compare to Paulie and Christopher lost in the frigging woods...not even close!