The Sopranos

Cold Stones

Aired Unknown May 21, 2006 on HBO

• More good plots? Fugeddaboutit!

I don\'t understand at all why everyone seems to be loving this season so much. Seasons 1-3 were great, and we may not want to admit it but 4 and 5 were noticeably declining in quality. Still enjoyable at times, but definitely not the same anymore. As for Season 6...it has been a steaming pile of crap about 90% of the time. It\'s just been horribly dragging on with the same few plots that are not moving the series along in any direction, especially considering this was supposed to be coming to an end. We get to spend several hours watching Tony in the hospital. If this had actually been the end of the series maybe there would have been a point to this, but it was extremely obvious that he was not going to die, so why do we have to sit through several hours of the \"oh no will he be ok?\" crap? Not only that but the whole point seemed to be once he woke up that he was going to be changed forever due to his experience. Yeah. He hasn\'t changed at all. It was completely pointless. Then we get to sit through another 5 hours of oh what will happen to the gay mobster??!?! Here\'s a hint. THEY KILL HIM!!! what the hell did you think was going to happen to him?? This could have been interesting if they didn\'t drag it out for so many episodes when we all knew how it was going to end yet again. and then there\'s this episode...what the hell?? did they really think those were good scenes with Carmella?? did they sit there and plot out \"hm let\'s have Carmella go to France and stare deeply at statues. oh and we\'ll film it in real time so you can sit there staring at the statue with her. in complete silence.\" yes that\'s not at all boring or awkward. great job guys. the writers had a chance to end this show well, but clearly they have chosen to simply cash in on the name some more. I know a lot of you will think \"oh but it\'s not just about the mobster stuff and violence\" or \"it\'s a DRAMA show, that\'s what\'s happening real life drama things!\" or blah blah blah. you know what? it\'s A SHOW ABOUT MOBSTERS. yes there is drama, but it needs both. that\'s what made it such a success in the first place. good writing and characters and fun action moments. take away one or the other and it\'s just another typical show. and the drama only works if things actually happen. if I wanted this kind of crappy \"oh no problems at home with the uppity kids\" drama I would go watch the WB. Please just whack Tony already and put us all out of our misery.