The Sopranos Forums

HBO (ended 2007)

Chris was killed off too early

sideshowfan

[1]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 3

he was the biggest character outside the main soprano family.could'nt they have waited until the finale or even not killed him off at all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

christopherfan2

[2]May 2, 2008
    i agree. what the heck was the matter with tony. he suffocated his own newpew

sideshowfan

[3]May 2, 2008

All they did was show a stupid picture with a cat starring at it or somethink.

Don_Moltisanti

[4]May 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    They def did kill him off to quick. I would have liked to see him in the war with Phil, maybe killing him.

I think it was done do show just what Tony was really like. This was somebody he claimed to love, family. At that point when he did that to Chris i really changed my view of Tony, alot of people liked Tony so did i but once he killed Chris my perception of him really changed.

Vyce3

[5]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    Ah come on, Tony gave Chris more than a fair chance... several times. Chris was a wreck, Tony ended it.

omarlittle

[6]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    ofcourse they shouldnt have waited! "he was a big part" is no reason to keep him on he turned into a douchebag and tony did what he had to do.

friendserking

[7]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    They shouldnt have killed him at all in my opinion. I saw it coming from a mile away to me when they killed Christopher off it just shows how bad the writing and the stories were in that last season. Why kill him? To me it wasnt dramatic it was dumb, and like someone else on here said its like they are egging you on to hate Tony. I understand your not supposed to love everything the guy does or agree with some of his views, but killing his own nephew really pushes it. I thought Christopher should have lived just so you had some idea of who might run the family when Tony dies. I was really upset when they did that. To me they were just desperate to create drama and it was not surprising at all.

netgoddess

[8]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think Tony did it out of anger and fear over the fact that he learned Chris was still doing drugs after all the rehab and drama over the horror movie hitting too close to home. What really surprised me though was Chris putting a bullet in the head of his NA sponsor for being a bit too forward with him.

LadyInque

[9]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 24
    His end was predictable to many problkems with drugs, alcohol and all that i think Tony get tired of him (or something like that)

kieran3486

[10]Oct 27, 2010
    • level: 11
    I always felt a bit like they didn't really do his character justice - they sort of killed him off and wrapped up that whole storyline in a single episode. But like a previous poster said, it helped show that in the end, Tony was pretty much a Sociopath.

goldengirl1

[11]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 1

Don_Moltisanti wrote:
    They def did kill him off to quick. I would have liked to see him in the war with Phil, maybe killing him. I think it was done do show just what Tony was really like. This was somebody he claimed to love, family. At that point when he did that to Chris i really changed my view of Tony, alot of people liked Tony so did i but once he killed Chris my perception of him really changed.

I agree, after he killed Chris it changed my opinion of him. It went from the guy you loved to hate, to just.....the guy you hate. But I think that was the point, it was the culmination of his true character, leading to him ultimately getting what he deserved in the end.

Cosa_Nostra_XD

[12]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 1

i definitely thought they killed him off too early but i think he shouldn't have gotten killed at all. it didn't even make sense at all because through the who series tony said he loved Chrissy like a son and wanted him to be the head of the family one day, but suffocates him? then in the writing they say that he could he could give two shits and the dream saying he was happy Chris died, it just showed how psychotic tony ended up being,that was the only thing that i didn't agree with but ill always love tony and James Gandolfini played him perfect and he couldn't have done a better job. i think the writing in the last season went a little bad, on top of killing almost everybody in the end. But Salute to the greatest show of all time, definitely going to be hard to top this show. and a shout out to my cuzin Stevie Lento aka "Van Zandt"

Edited on 10/28/2012 9:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.