The Sopranos Forums

HBO (ended 2007)

I think this says it all...

FX_SHOWS

[1]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 6

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0iPbrqBrwJQ

That's up to you to decide..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kingsoprano718

[2]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 4

If you think that was the biggest line out of that promo your missing a huge part of it.

Meadow really acted like that ending was horrible. She couldnt even defend it nor did she want to talk about it.

The agent harris part is also very interesting, the fact that there was more in the script and what he says got cut and re edited, id love to see all the footage chase cut over the years. they could probably make a flashback movie based off that alone

now if we could only hear what Gandolfini thinks of it

Dawnsdinosaurs

[4]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 40
    kingsoprano718 wrote:

If you think that was the biggest line out of that promo your missing a huge part of it.

Meadow really acted like that ending was horrible. She couldnt even defend it nor did she want to talk about it.

The agent harris part is also very interesting, the fact that there was more in the script and what he says got cut and re edited, id love to see all the footage chase cut over the years. they could probably make a flashback movie based off that alone

now if we could only hear what Gandolfini thinks of it

I agree about Jamie (Meadow) didn't know what to say about the ending. I didn't think she was crazy about it either, but as a now out of work actress she can't actually come out and say it stunk and what the heck was this guy thinking. At least not if she wants to work again.

I liked the Agent Harris part too. I agree I want to see what exactly was cut out of that episode as well as the others through the years.

I think these interviews show that nobody even those close to the show really know what to think of the ending.

niptuckSean

[5]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 13
    Well, I would personally hate to be in that position of just seeing a 'controversial' ending and being questioned immediately after. They really have no time to let it sink in or figure out what they really thought of it, I know it took me a little bit to sort it all out. There were also a lot of people who's knee-jerk reaction to it was bad, but when they thought about it or watched it again they began to understand it better, whether they liked it or not.

It's like asking someone who just got done seeing 2001: A Space Odyssey for their assessment right after(sort of), it takes time. And don't forget Jamie is a very emotional person, her thoughts were probably more focused that it's over. It's tough, she's known these people for 10 years.

That's what I think anyway.

Don_Moltisanti

[6]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    It does take a bit of time to get your head around it, personally i thought it was a great ending, remember the ending is not just the 30 secs of them in the diner. The ending is the whole episode, the one before as well. You cant judge an entire TV show on the 30 secs on at the end of it. It did tie up all the loose ends of the major things that were happening at the time, Tension with New York, AJs Depression, which was **** him) lol. Meadows career path, Carm and her crap. All in all this was a great show, enjoy it for what it was! The only thing i would have changed about the whole show was Chrissy, when Tony killed him i was kind of hoping he would get killed or busted by the F.B.I, chrissy loved him and he supposedly loved Chris, Tony warned him about the drugs, when he stopped the drugs he got on at him for not having a drink or hanging around the Bing. Chris would never have ratted on Tony, Tony never had the same loyalty to him.

FX_SHOWS

[7]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    niptuckSean wrote:
    Jamie is a very emotional person, her thoughts were probably more focused that it's over. It's tough, she's known these people for 10 years.

That's what I think anyway.

That's exactly how she came across to me too.
    I doubt she thought it was horrible. Cast members are usually emotional when a show they've been on for years (and in Jamie's case, grown up on) comes to an end.

Matt (Harris) TELLS YOU what they shot that got cut.

I was hoping to hear what James thought of it as well.

Here's an interview with him, but from before the finale:
    http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/articles/_a/james-gandolfini-looks-past-sopranos/20070608073909990001

Tonydied

[8]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 3

FX_SHOWS wrote:
    niptuckSean wrote:
    Jamie is a very emotional person, her thoughts were probably more focused that it's over. It's tough, she's known these people for 10 years. That's what I think anyway.
    That's exactly how she came across to me too. I doubt she thought it was horrible. Cast members are usually emotional when a show they've been on for years (and in Jamie's case, grown up on) comes to an end. Matt (Harris) TELLS YOU what they shot that got cut. I was hoping to hear what James thought of it as well. Here's an interview with him, but from before the finale: http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/articles/_a/james-gandolfini-looks-past-sopranos/20070608073909990001

Totally agree, i find the Harris stuff very interesting, as if some of what got cut would lean much more in line with Tony not surviving but still left open. It seems like he was saying the scene got cut short and was left more open that what was filmed.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the ending as is, more than say members only guy rushing out of the bathroom with a gun in hand then cut to black, but I'm sure many people would have been happier with an ending that leaned more one way than just open.