The Sopranos Forums

HBO (ended 2007)

Should i start watching this series even after....

ulysed

[1]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 1

Hey,

I was wondering if its worth watching the entire series even after knowing the ending? I saw the ending after it first happened and people were pissed and such and never watched a single episode. Just curious if its worth watching even if i may not of liked the ending(even though i never watched the show)

Here are other shows i love:
    Dexter
    Six Feet Under
    Twin Peaks
    The Shield
    Weeds

Would i like it based on liking these shows?

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rygar9911

[2]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    Yes, start from the beginning

If nothing else, seasons 1-5 will be very rewarding

netgoddess

[3]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 10

ulysed wrote:
    Just curious if its worth watching even if i may not of liked the ending(even though i never watched the show)...Would i like it based on liking these shows?

Yes, given the shows you enjoy I think this one would be worth the time invested. I'm sure you'll like it; just get past the first four or five episodes (I didn't like the show initially but it grew on me when I sat down and watched several episodes). Oh and don't get too turned off by Tony's mom...I hated her character but the show is good enough to survive past that subplot.

LadyInque

[4]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 24
    See it anyway so you can see how it ended because you might have seen the end... but you dont see the beginning So yes watch The Sopranos again

HurricanesR1

[5]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 5
    Yes, you should still watch it. You have to see characters like Ralph, Tony B, Richie Aprile, along with many others.

rockin01

[6]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    NO QUESTION- WATCH IT!! The Sopranos is one of the finest programs I have ever seen in any medium. Perfectly cast and brilliantly written. This being series television, the episodes and the seasons can be uneven at times- but the first few seasons are especially good. I am in the middle of rewatching the entire series on dvd, and I'm quite surprised at how enjoyable it is, even after my repeated viewings through the years. Enjoy!

NotAmerican

[7]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 8

netgoddess said: "Oh and don't get too turned off by Tony's mom...I hated her character but the show is good enough to survive past that subplot."

**SPOILERS AHEAD**

Um, you *DO* realize that a) you were supposed to hate her (who in the hell could possibly LIKE a person like that?); and that b) had Nancy Marchand [the actress who played Tony's Mom] survived, she would have played a MAJOR role in the shaping & direction of the show and its characters...all the way to the end of the series?

-ak

fabiosy

[8]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 7

Watch it. You will not regret it.

shundy00

[9]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 3

You absolutely should watch the show. It is not how the show ends that makes the show great (probably cuz the ending was bad), it's the whole shoot-em-up-psychoanalyzing-pasta-eating-bada-bing-goin-foul-mouthed-funny-yet-dramatic journey that makes the show one of the greatest TV programs ever!

Cosa_Nostra_XD

[10]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 1

i saw the ending before i finished the seasons it was definitely worth it i fell in love it and by the end it you felt like you were part of the family. Great show definitely take the time to watch it.