The Sopranos

Full Leather Jacket

Aired Unknown Mar 05, 2000 on HBO

• Review

It was a good episode, but it tended to drag on at times. Was very happy not to see Tonys mother in the episode, I think she drags down the show a lot when she is involved in the episodes. I wanted to see the writers follow up on the events of a couple of episodes ago where the man owed Tony money. They mentioned it, but we have yet to see him again. I think the two guys trying to kill Christopher was really good writing in terms of when in the seaosn the writers need to shake things up. We are nearing the end of the season, but not so close that they dont have enough time to tell the story. I dont think Christopher is going to die and I think that the next episode is going to get deeper into the theme of this season - Richie versus Tony. Overall, the episode had a lot of high notes and a couple of scenes (Carmella) that didnt come through for me.
  • More nice background storyline.

I like this episode because it develops Carmela's character into more than just a wife of a mobster. She shows she is one tough and demanding person that doesn't easily take no for an answer. She as a mother shows how much she cares for her children. I like that even though her neighbors know what type of family lives next door they still interact with them. The gestures and actions between Richie and Tony really show with the Jacket. How one can interpret the actions of one as mundane but yet Tony was very diplomatic about it. Tony's sister is starting to be a character you will love to hate. But then again we can choose our friends but not our family.