The Sopranos

Pine Barrens

Aired Unknown May 06, 2001 on HBO

• Review

Tops of the season for The Sopranos right here. I find it funny that The Sopranos has a way of making the episodes close to the finale the best of the season and the final falls just a little bit behind. Isabella in season one was without the doubt the best, just as the episode where Richie was killed in the second season was the best in that season. A lot of things are being brought to the forefront right now and I think this is going to cause a lot to be happening in the last two episodes. With Paulie leaving this Russian man clearly alive, I see something happening in the finale in terms of possibly setting up a long term rivalry in season four between the Russians and Tonys gang. Terrific acting by both Paulie and Christopher throughout this entire episode, by way way. Tony having to deal with problems in both families was interesting to watch in this episode. He was upset with both situations and how they were unfolding. Overall, I think this was the best episode up to this point in the season and I hope the follow up to this episode doesnt dissapoint.