The Sopranos

The Fleshy Part of the Thigh

Aired Unknown Apr 02, 2006 on HBO

• Well done, Mr. Chase.

I think I\'m beginning to see the trend this season of story arcs for characters around Tony. Vito, Eugene, Bobby, Silvio, and now Paulie.

To begin wit Paulie, I found his arc to be a bit weird. I guess it goes with years of seeing Paulie as a subordinate or comic relief. I\'m not saying I didn\'t like his side story, but it was very awkward.

Strong week by James Gandolfini, as he portrays a post-coma victim quite well. This episode dealt with identity, both Paulie\'s and Tony\'s. Having both the philosophical and the spiritual guidance coming at him, it will be interesting to see how much he appreciates life and those around him, both families.

The deal with Johnny Sac and Tony is building up to one of many problems. It wasn\'t facilitated as smoothly as in the past, and power hungry individuals seem to be getting tired of being in the middle of things. In the preview, Tony talks about weakness and how his enemies see vulnerability. Phil appears to be getting weary of supporting John, and the same with Vito and Tony (kudos to Carmela\'s foreshadowing).

Some nice little Chase tidbits:

*Tony\'s hospital room view was the same as his hotel room.

*The rap storyline was developed around rumors of 50 cent doing the same thing to spark his career.

*Possible forshadowing with the look Meadow & Barone\'s son shared