The Sopranos

To Save Us All from Satan's Power

Aired Unknown Apr 29, 2001 on HBO

• I just love the FlashBacks on this show

I just love the FlashBacks on this show

What a great episode! This episode was serious and comical at the same time and who doesn't like seeing what happened before the show started?

We got to see the Mafia's paranoia first hand. We know from Big Pus's interaction with the his FBI handler that he flipped in 1998. Yet this episode flashes back to 1995. It would appear from everyone's prespective that Big Pus has already flipped (Then again it could be an oops in the writing). It was neat to see how they all look back and how it haunted them that they didn't see it. Plus we got to see some dead characters come back and Tony when he had hair.
  • Review

I liked the use of the flashbacks in this episode, I had no idea that BP was a mole for that long. Watching season one of The Sopranos I was a little fuzzy on what was going on with the show. The writers kind of just threw us into this world. After watching the first season I was better able to grasp the characters that they introduced and know what more was going on. It will be interesting to rewatch this show some day knowing that BP was always a mole, not just at the beginning of the first season. Aside from that - another very good episode from the writers of the Sopranos. Again, no Junior in this episode aside from his role in the flashback scenes. Let me tell you, I think they could get a lot more out of him to use him the way he used to be. I loved his part in the flashback, he looked like a diffrent man. Meadown and Jackie continue to get close and this is the second episode now that Tony has caught Jackie doing something that he isnt supposed to be doing. It will be very interesting to see what Tony does in the remaining three episodes if the acts that Jackie is currently doing continue. Overall though, I thought it was a very strong episode with a couple of issues of not adressing plot points that have been building.
  • Great episode!!!

This episode was enjoyable...Tony and his crew remember **** and although each of them try to make the other one think that they don't miss ****,each of em remember him, especially due to him portraying Santa Clause...They found a replacement though for him, using Bobby...Tony takes revenge on the men that beat his sister,with the help of Furio, and they make everything look like a Christmas prank...He also gets more and more disillusioned with Jacky Aprile...Although this episode didn't contained a lot of violent scenes, i liked it due to the Christmas spirit this episode emaneted...9/10 i think it's a fare score, because although it wasn't spectacular, i don't regreat watching it.