The Spectacular Spider-Man

Destructive Testing

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jun 22, 2009 on Disney XD

• Let the hunt begin.

Sergei Kravinoff comes to town to hunt Spider-man but Spidey beats him easily.A humiliated Kraven goes Professor Miles Warren for a DNA upgrade and becomes a cat like monster known as Kraven the Hunter and attacks him again.this time it is not so easy for Spider-man.

OK the start was one of the best openings of the spectacular spider-man so far.The first Kravinoff Vs Spider-man fight was breath taking and had a really funny like to "(Sergei) the pray ends the hunt in silent dignity" "(Spider-man)Prey,silent,dignity,you don't know me at all pal.I did not like the act that Peter was actually considering Liz over Gwen,but still a good episode.
  • I could not WAIT to see Kraven the Hunter! And then they did THIS....

I was very excited to see what Kraven the Hunter would be like on this great new series. Imagine my shock when they decide to ACTUALLY turn him into a cat-like mutant. I don't know who's idea this was, and I don't know if this is from the comics, but even if it is, I absolutely hate it! Dumb, dumb dumb! It turns him into another silly animal for Spiderman to fight. Rhinos and Vultures and Lizards aren't enough? Yikes. Kraven went from being a badass hunter to completely retarded. On the personal side, Parker finds out both Gwen and Liz are interested in him, so of course, his feelings are torn. It will interesting to see where this goes.
  • Kraven the Hunter wants to add Spider-Man to his trophy case.

As the holidays are approaching, Peter Parker learns the both Gwen Stacy and Liz Allen have feelings for him. Meanwhile, Sergei Kravinoff has arrived in New York City to add Spider-Man to his trophy case. Kravinoff's first encounter with Spider-Man proves ineffective as Spider-Man's superhuman abilities might be too much for this big game hunter. Enter Professor Miles Warren. The ambitious scientist is secretly continuing Dr. Connor's genetic research and uses Kravinoff to test his mutagen. Kravinoff is transformed into a human-feline hybrid and begins to call himself Kraven the Hunter. The creators of the series decided to go with the Ultimate Marvel look over the previous animated incarnations. His outfit is still very similar to the comic books. Kraven proves to be a formidable adversary. His agility and strength is equal to that of Spider-Man. Kraven gives Spider-Man a pretty good pounding. Fortunately, a good supply of webbing gives Spider-Man the advantage over the mutated hunter. The episode ends with an interesting cliffhanger as Kraven's mysterious benefactor (Master Planner) offers him a chance to get revenge on Spider-Man along side others whom share their hatred of the hero.
CW