The Spectacular Spider-Man

Final Curtain

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 18, 2009 on Disney XD

• If you have not watched this episode do not read this.

First off I have to say that I had already read that Chameleon was going to help the Green Goblin,on Wikipedia so the best part of the episode was ruined for me,but that considered the episode has still a lot happening in it so I was still vary entertained.
    Seasons two's major plot comes to a close in this episode or so I hoped.

a week after the play (previous episode) The Green Goblin has become as Spider-man puts it the one and only gobfather of crime.meanwhile Harry asks Gwen for help and she in turn calls Peter.Harry tells
    Peter and Gwen about what happened in the past week and we find out that Harry was never the Goblin and after some more twists,we find out that Norman with the help of the Chameleon was the Green Goblin as he always was in the comics.
    Bring on season 3
  • This was probably the best spiderman episode yet with all kinds of secrets revealing that every thing is not as it seems. WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

To sum the episode all up there is two things going on. There is the Green Goblin and the romance between Peter and Gwen. Peter finds that Norman and Harry could not be the green goblin so it leaves you baffled as who the green goblin is. Now in the end i thought now they wouldn't ruin the whole identity of the goblin so it had to be norman but he was watching it and then i remembered reading an article of season 2 on Wikipedia and it mentioned the chameleon returned and this was the last episode so it became obvious. Also it showed how Harry did not want Gwen to leaver him and a little darker side of him. So this opens up some story arcs for next season the Harry and Gwen situation and also at the end a person with a similar appearance to Norman appeared. We obviously have not seen the end of the Green Goblin yet!

Lastly in season 3 from what I have heard the Hobgoblin, scorpion, and carnage are supposed to appear. Along with a permanent ally by the name of VENOM!!!
  • Final Curtain does everything a season finale is supposed to do. It wraps up the season's big story thread in a fun and exciting way, sets up some arcs for next year, and it teases us with a couple of cliffhangers.

2 equally revealing plots take place in this short, but sweet episode, one is the big reveal of who the Goblin actually is, the other is Gwen and Peter finally being open about their feelings for each other. Both are equally enjoyable.

On the domestic front, Peter finally broke up with the heartbroken Liz Allen, but Gwen was not able to break up with Harry just yet, who knows about the couple, but is feigning ignorance in hopes of keeping Gwen with him. This will be an exciting affair to examine moving into Season 3.

On the action side, it appeared neither Norman or Harry were masquerading as the Goblin, so we the audience are just as confused as Peter as the events unfold. There is some great misdirection with another Oscorp employee and even a joke that it could be Harry's mom, an idea I admit, I entertained!
    At the last second, I suspected there really can be no other Goblins besides the Osborns so wouldn't it be cool if Chameleon had a hand in some of this? Sure enough, it was a brilliant reveal and a great surprise to actually see this come true! Chameleon has entered the fray and I can't way to see more creative ways they can use him next year!

Final Note: I'm loving Gwen Stacy on the show, but I'm getting worried that this might all be getting dragged out too long. Parker isn't even with Mary Jane yet, and we're moving into S3. Still here we are with Gwen who as all Spiderman fans know is fated to die. She never appeared in the 90s series for this exact reason. Can spectacular Spiderman deliberately include a character they must later kill? Or will they chicken out?