The Spectacular Spider-Man Forums

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Disney XD announces

syrusfan

[21]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 38
    Kennymacdougall wrote:

syrusfan wrote:

Spectacular is done? How disappointing...

This might just be me, but I looked at some animation from the 90s cartoon, and it just looks ugly to me

So a more realistic look than a cartoony one means ugly?

I didn't say that, but I'm just saying they should try and find a combination between this animation, which is too cartoony, and the old show, which just looks wierd.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kennymacdougall

[22]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 22

[/QUOTE] I didn't say that, but I'm just saying they should try and find a combination between this animation, which is too cartoony, and the old show, which just looks wierd.[/QUOTE]

What did you find "weird" about that? I was just wondering.

By the way, I hope they will use Bagley's art for the new show, it looked great in the Ultimate Comics

syrusfan

[23]Apr 26, 2010

I honestly can't explain in words why it doesn't really appeal to me, it just doesn't.

ImaNewB

[24]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 1
    Yeah there's almost no point to doing Ultimate Spiderman when Spectacular was also revolving around teenage Peter Parker! And doing a great job at that! A wasted effort, and a waste of time to start a new show...

Kennymacdougall

[25]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 22

syrusfan wrote:

I honestly can't explain in words why it doesn't really appeal to me, it just doesn't.

Maybe because you're not from that generation and only like fast-paced action with rock music?Wink

Just a wild guess

game_man1

[26]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 8

i'll give it a chance at least.

I80SKID

[27]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 4

This is a disappointing announcement. I don't know why they chose to dump a proven series for new one but that seems to be the tactic with animated series unfortunately. As long as they don't come up with a series as clunky as the 90s show or cheap as the current Iron Man series I'll give a chance.

SpaceWay2007

[28]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 11
    ImaNewB wrote:
    Yeah there's almost no point to doing Ultimate Spiderman when Spectacular was also revolving around teenage Peter Parker! And doing a great job at that! A wasted effort, and a waste of time to start a new show...
    I agree. It feels like a waste because TSSM was doing well, but it was still canceled. And now, there will be a new series that will replace TSSM, which will also revolve around teenage Peter Parker. Kind of unnecessary, but regardless, I'll give the new show a chance.

syrusfan

[29]May 1, 2010
    Kennymacdougall wrote:

syrusfan wrote:

Maybe because you're not from that generation and only like fast-paced action with rock music?Wink

Just a wild guess

Well that's just it, that cartoon was before my time. I don't want cartoons that almost older than me.

r10tp00f

[30]May 6, 2010
    • level: 7

I can't believe this show is cancelled. I also just found out about Wolverine and the X-Men.

r10tp00f

[31]May 6, 2010
    • level: 7

SpaceWay2007 wrote:
    ImaNewB wrote:
    I agree. It feels like a waste because TSSM was doing well, but it was still canceled. And now, there will be a new series that will replace TSSM, which will also revolve around teenage Peter Parker. Kind of unnecessary, but regardless, I'll give the new show a chance.

What I really don't like... and I feel the same way about the Spider-man movie franchise rebooting, is for the story to have to start all over from the beginning again. Really, I'm so sick of these constant reboots! The majority of people in the western world who are not Spider-man fans, have never watched a movie, show, or read a comic book, still probably have a rough idea of what the character is about and his origin. "
    Oh yeah, Spider-guy, got bite by an alien spider"... even my grandmother roughly knows something along those lines. I guess I'm sick of first meetings. The first time he met this villain, that villain, now a new series that is going to be another round of first meetings. Why in North American pop culture, can we not keep something going for a while, and actually build up the continuity? Why are constant reboots being forced down our throats?

Of course... in a couple of years I will watch the new Spider-man show, because he is one of my favorite fictional characters. However, if it is not better then Spectacular, I will continue to mourn.

Edited on 05/06/2010 6:58pm

pepsi_twist2008

[32]May 15, 2010
    • level: 10

Spider-man teaming up with a different Marvel hero? Why does that sound so familiar? Oh yeah Batman the Brave and the Bold. Way to be original Marvel. F*cking idiots.

frostbite200

[33]May 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    pepsi_twist2008 wrote:

Spider-man teaming up with a different Marvel hero? Why does that sound so familiar? Oh yeah Batman the Brave and the Bold. Way to be original Marvel. F*cking idiots.

Don't blame Marvel, It's all F*!@*ng Disney's fault!

Twisted-Alien

[34]May 17, 2010
    • level: 73

pepsi_twist2008 wrote:

Spider-Man did that way before Batman Brave and the Boldin the 90s Spider-Man series. So, what was your point?

pepsi_twist2008

[35]May 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

pepsi_twist2008 wrote:

Spider-Man did that way before Batman Brave and the Boldin the 90s Spider-Man series. So, what was your point?

In the 90's series it wasn't an episode to episode basis though.

Twisted-Alien

[36]May 21, 2010
    • level: 73

pepsi_twist2008 wrote:

Oh, in your post you didn't say from an episode to episode basis, that's probably why I got confused.

At any case I highly doubt Marvel is going that way with their new series. Afterall, Batman is already doing that, and (my personal opinion of course) it makes for a pretty bad show. Although, I do think Spider-Man could pull it off since there are plenty of well-known Marvel characters, whereas DC relies on many of its hardly known characters. I'm thinking that they will more than likely go with the 90s version set up. However, I'm more interested in how they will pull these team-ups. Wolverine and the X-Men will be long cancelled by the time this series airs, so will they make up the X-Men or go with the former's cast for the team-up, same goes for Iron-Man. Obviously you can't clash 3-D and traditional animation, character wise that is (goodness knows they tried doing that in the 90s version with the backgrounds).

frostbite200

[37]May 25, 2010
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

pepsi_twist2008 wrote:

Oh, in your post you didn't say from an episode to episode basis, that's probably why I got confused.

At any case I highly doubt Marvel is going that way with their new series. Afterall, Batman is already doing that, and (my personal opinion of course) it makes for a pretty bad show. Although, I do think Spider-Man could pull it off since there are plenty of well-known Marvel characters, whereas DC relies on many of its hardly known characters. I'm thinking that they will more than likely go with the 90s version set up. However, I'm more interested in how they will pull these team-ups. Wolverine and the X-Men will be long cancelled by the time this series airs, so will they make up the X-Men or go with the former's cast for the team-up, same goes for Iron-Man. Obviously you can't clash 3-D and traditional animation, character wise that is (goodness knows they tried doing that in the 90s version with the backgrounds).

Wow, I was barely OK with the new show until you put it that way.
    I am still very annoyed at this, USM Tv show is going to darn near perfect to please me.

thec0mebackman

[38]May 27, 2010
    • level: 15
    I am now depressed. who's to blame for this amazing show's cancellation? first X-Men Evolution, then Teen Titans, then Legion of Superheroes, now TSSM. it's rare that I watch cartoons nowadays & the only thing I have left is Pokemon. ): this upsets me.

frostbite200

[39]May 27, 2010
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    I am now depressed. who's to blame for this amazing show's cancellation? first X-Men Evolution, then Teen Titans, then Legion of Superheroes, now TSSM. it's rare that I watch cartoons nowadays & the only thing I have left is Pokemon. ): this upsets me.
    Me too, BTW it's kinda a mix of Sony, Disney and Marvel's fault.

Though Sony gave the rights back, they killed the Spider-man 4 movie and went for a Ultimate Spider-man reboot so Marvel and the Disney people are making a show similar. So it really a little bit of all of them.

jwgrlrrajn

[40]May 27, 2010
    • level: 23
    Hmm, do you think they'll still try to make a couple of DTVs?