The Spectacular Spider-Man Forums

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Season 2 Debuts on the New Disney XD in March 2009

beegk

[101]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 19
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Well unfortunately, the ratings are not that good for season one. At least that's what is stated on Toonzone. I will post the rating. But don't ask me about it, because I don't what it means. But from the reaction I got from Toonzone indicates that it's not doing so well. However, season three isn't out of the question yet because we still have season two, and, even though DXD doesn't renew TSSM, Sony can look for another network.

Anyway, here are the ratings:

DISNEY XD 0.5/3 Avg. (7a-1p) Suite Life of Zack & Cody 0.3/3; Phineas and Ferb 0.6/5; Phineas and Ferb 1.1/7; Jimmy two Shoes 0.7/3; Kid vs. Kat 0.6/2; Phineas and Ferb 0.7/3; Monster Buster Club 0.5/2; Yin Yang Yo 0.4/2; Spectacular Spider-Man 0.4/2; Spectacular Spider-Man 0.3/2; Spectacular Spider-Man 0.5/3; Aaron Stone 0.4/2

:O No! Thats so sad...But we still have season 2. And people probaly didn't wanna re watch season 1....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpideyFan914

[102]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 18
    I hate you people and your pessimism! Why did it do "poorly"? I redirect you to beegk's above post.

DuelMark

[103]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 35
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Well unfortunately, the ratings are not that good for season one. At least that's what is stated on Toonzone. I will post the rating. But don't ask me about it, because I don't what it means. But from the reaction I got from Toonzone indicates that it's not doing so well. However, season three isn't out of the question yet because we still have season two, and, even though DXD doesn't renew TSSM, Sony can look for another network.

DISNEY XD 0.5/3 Avg. (7a-1p) Suite Life of Zack & Cody 0.3/3; Phineas and Ferb 0.6/5; Phineas and Ferb 1.1/7; Jimmy two Shoes 0.7/3; Kid vs. Kat 0.6/2; Phineas and Ferb 0.7/3; Monster Buster Club 0.5/2; Yin Yang Yo 0.4/2; Spectacular Spider-Man 0.4/2; Spectacular Spider-Man 0.3/2; Spectacular Spider-Man 0.5/3; Aaron Stone 0.4/2

:O No! Thats so sad...But we still have season 2. And people probaly didn't wanna re watch season 1....

I really don't understand how this tells us the ratings...

Watch Season Two, sky rocket the ratings! But I guess a major problem is that Disney XD is a little harder to get than most other channels like Nick or Cartoon Network

Also, if the show has a large enough fanbase, it can still go on... examples include Kim Possible and Family Guy

SpideyFan914

[104]Apr 17, 2009
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Watch Season Two, sky rocket the ratings! But I guess a major problem is that Disney XD is a little harder to get than most other channels like Nick or Cartoon Network

Also, if the show has a large enough fanbase, it can still go on... examples include Kim Possible and Family Guy

How dare you compare TSSM to Family Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beegk

[105]Apr 17, 2009
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Family Guy is funny. But, Kim Possible!? TSSM is better than BOTH of those shows anyways...)

SpideyFan914

[106]Apr 17, 2009
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Family Guy is funny. But, Kim Possible!? TSSM is better than BOTH of those shows anyways...)
    Family Guy is pathetic. South Park and Simpsons and Futurama are better.

beegk

[107]Apr 17, 2009
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Family Guy totally squashes South Park and the Simpsons. Simpsons shoulda been canceled YEARS ago. And SP is just stupid, and not funny. Family Guy is true comedy!!

SpideyFan914

[108]Apr 17, 2009
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Family Guy totally squashes South Park and the Simpsons. Simpsons shoulda been canceled YEARS ago. And SP is just stupid, and not funny. Family Guy is true comedy!!

South Park is stupid and Family Guy isn't? Um.... what?

SGK_Attack

[109]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 4
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Not that I want to help derail another thread, but this is clearly important:
    Family Guy, South Park and The Simpsons all used to be good but now all three are terrible. Family Guy went downhill after it was uncancelled while the others just went on for too long and got stale.

DuelMark

[110]Apr 17, 2009
    SGK_Attack wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Not that I want to help derail another thread, but this is clearly important: Family Guy, South Park and The Simpsons all used to be good but now all three are terrible. Family Guy went downhill after it was uncancelled while the others just went on for too long and got stale.

Back to topic, if those shows could continue... then The Spectacular Spider-Man has a higher chance of getting picked up for more seasons... if they say no then we need them reconsider by popular demand... plus, even if Disney XD gets the least ratings, the ratings it gets internationally may help as well

I almost wish it were still on CW4KIDS, but it isn't done by 4kids so no... Cartoon Network would work... as soon as it stops showng Canadian shows that suck and bring back Naruto... oh yeah and not show live action originals...

SpideyFan914

[111]Apr 18, 2009
    DuelMark wrote:
    SGK_Attack wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

Not that I want to help derail another thread, but this is clearly important: Family Guy, South Park and The Simpsons all used to be good but now all three are terrible. Family Guy went downhill after it was uncancelled while the others just went on for too long and got stale.

Back to topic, if those shows could continue... then The Spectacular Spider-Man has a higher chance of getting picked up for more seasons... if they say no then we need them reconsider by popular demand... plus, even if Disney XD gets the least ratings, the ratings it gets internationally may help as well

I almost wish it were still on CW4KIDS, but it isn't done by 4kids so no... Cartoon Network would work... as soon as it stops showng Canadian shows that suck and bring back Naruto... oh yeah and not show live action originals...

International ratings mean squat to the American Disney XD. They're not directly benefitting from it, so they don't care. (Though Sony might - I'm not sure about this. But, I'm pretty sure that Sony's just doing whatever Disney XD does....)

Sales of DVD releases, on the other hand, do matter. So buying a box set or the upcoming season set helps.

Buying the show's action figures helps. Watching it on YouTube doesn't help. It doesn't hurt either, though, as long as you watch on Disney XD as well (assuming, of course, that you actually have Disney XD).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when they repeat episodes, turn on your TV! Even if you're not watching, turn on the TV and they'll think you are (lol)! Turn on multiple TVs? I'm not sure if that'd work or not.... I think they judge by how many homes are watching....

DuelMark

[112]Apr 18, 2009
    Sony don't care about XD, they do what they want. Disney XD doesn't own TSSM, just have the rights to air it

SpideyFan914

[113]Apr 18, 2009
    Oh, whatever. I don't think Sony's gonna be much of a problem, anyway - they let us have Season 2 without a channel to air it on!

SpaceWay2007

[114]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 11
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    SGK_Attack wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

International ratings mean squat to the American Disney XD. They're not directly benefitting from it, so they don't care. (Though Sony might - I'm not sure about this. But, I'm pretty sure that Sony's just doing whatever Disney XD does....)

Sales of DVD releases, on the other hand, do matter. So buying a box set or the upcoming season set helps.

Buying the show's action figures helps. Watching it on YouTube doesn't help. It doesn't hurt either, though, as long as you watch on Disney XD as well (assuming, of course, that you actually have Disney XD).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when they repeat episodes, turn on your TV! Even if you're not watching, turn on the TV and they'll think you are (lol)! Turn on multiple TVs? I'm not sure if that'd work or not.... I think they judge by how many homes are watching....

I think that would only work if you have the Nielson Box.

SpideyFan914

[115]Apr 18, 2009
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    SGK_Attack wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    DuelMark wrote:
    beegk wrote:
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:

I think that would only work if you have the Nielson Box.

Uh-huh.... Now again in English....

SpaceWay2007

[116]Apr 19, 2009
    Nielson Box is the rating box.

SpideyFan914

[117]Apr 20, 2009

Wait! Wait! I think I get it!!!!

No, no - that's New Age font....

And I'm still oblivious!

SpideyFan914

[118]Apr 20, 2009
    SpideyFan914 wrote:

Wait! Wait! I think I get it!!!!

No, no - that's New Age font....

And I'm still oblivious!

(Who says I can only quote TSSM! )

stalemate666

[119]Apr 21, 2009
    It's doing good in canada, and finally, finally all the superhero shows are on one channel, it seems teletoon bought up them all, so it has the new X-men, the new iron man, the new spiderman and ben 10 alien force which is kinda popular for some reason so there doing a superhero thing, and since they just got them all I doubt they want any them to end because that would ruin the line up (even though as far as I know ytv still gets X-men first, but thats it, they have ben 10 exclusively in Canada same with iron man so yea)I really don't see this ending so fast

and as for the other shows mentioned, whats up with disney and making shows that hide so much adult themes just below the surface?, I mean she can do anything, I think I've heard ppl say that about hookers lol, yea Disney is corrupting children without anyone knowing, now Family guy, futerama, simpsons, south park all have their place, and it's at watchable but no1 makes a point to watch them, there all on the same level so yea

SpideyFan914

[120]Apr 23, 2009

stalemate666 wrote:
    It's doing good in canada, and finally, finally all the superhero shows are on one channel, it seems teletoon bought up them all, so it has the new X-men, the new iron man, the new spiderman and ben 10 alien force which is kinda popular for some reason so there doing a superhero thing, and since they just got them all I doubt they want any them to end because that would ruin the line up (even though as far as I know ytv still gets X-men first, but thats it, they have ben 10 exclusively in Canada same with iron man so yea)I really don't see this ending so fast

Actually, Canada's entirely irrelevant. Only Disney XD and Sony matter. Not to say that they won't order a third season! It's only a matter of time!

stalemate666 wrote:
    and as for the other shows mentioned, whats up with disney and making shows that hide so much adult themes just below the surface?, I mean she can do anything, I think I've heard ppl say that about hookers lol, yea Disney is corrupting children without anyone knowing, now Family guy, futerama, simpsons, south park all have their place, and it's at watchable but no1 makes a point to watch them, there all on the same level so yea

You sound like one of those paranoid crazy people. "It's corrupting our youth!!!!!!!"

Lol.

You were probably just kidding....