The Spectacular Spider-Man Forums

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Ultimate Spiderman Discussion Thread

SpideyFan914

[121]May 26, 2009
    • level: 18

cradleman wrote:
    I don't know, the way Ultimatum is going, I can imagine that is making tons of money with the reaction i saw on the Marvel.com message boards. I mean, over half the posters were pretty much calling for Jeph Loeb's head for the way he wrote Ultimatum. That can't be good. So that's why I'm still at least marginally concerned they will kill off peter(or MJ, Kitty, Kong, or Gwen). though, you are right spidey, you wouldn't think that they would destroy their best-selling Ultimate comic book.

Again, they do what they think will be profitable. They're obviously wrong sometimes, hence the Clone Saga and OMD.

And I don't care if they kill of Kitty. Just so long as they do it well. (AKA not like Daredevil.)

And they can't kill "Gwen" because they need to first declare that it's not really Gwen. That's the only way to fix the mistake (as far as I can see).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cradleman

[122]May 26, 2009
    • level: 16
    SpideyFan914 wrote:

cradleman wrote:
    I don't know, the way Ultimatum is going, I can imagine that is making tons of money with the reaction i saw on the Marvel.com message boards. I mean, over half the posters were pretty much calling for Jeph Loeb's head for the way he wrote Ultimatum. That can't be good. So that's why I'm still at least marginally concerned they will kill off peter(or MJ, Kitty, Kong, or Gwen). though, you are right spidey, you wouldn't think that they would destroy their best-selling Ultimate comic book.

Again, they do what they think will be profitable. They're obviously wrong sometimes, hence the Clone Saga and OMD.

And I don't care if they kill off Kitty. Just so long as they do it well. (AKA not like Daredevil.)

And they can't kill "Gwen" because they need to first declare that it's not really Gwen. That's the only way to fix the mistake (as far as I can see).

Yeah, you've read my top 10 superheroes blog and if Ultimate kills of any of them(Wolverine, Iceman, Shadowcat, Iron Man, Human Torch, and espcially Peter) I will be very ticked. I didn't care much for either Ultimate Daredevil(he was kinda a jerk) or Ultimate Dr. Strange(and we're not sure what's happened to him either, is he dead or just being posessed) so their deaths don't bother me too much. And i don't think they will kill of Gwen again! I mean, heck, we just went through the trouble of transferring her essence(which was stark's actual words, I was quite surprised to see) to another exact biological replica of Gwen(except for the eyes). I like this newer Gwen better than the old one anyway. My main fear is still them killing off Kong, as they have spent so much time on making him a likeable character. Kitty is my favorite X-Man(as mentioned above) and i don't want her to die either. Major heroes that would be okay to kill meaningfully are: Reed Richards, Cyclops, Jean, Hawkeye, Toad, Angel, Namor, and Carol Danvers(any way, she's not that interesting). And what happened to Fury?

SpideyFan914

[123]May 27, 2009
    cradleman wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:

cradleman wrote:

And I don't care if they kill off Kitty. Just so long as they do it well. (AKA not like Daredevil.)

Yeah, you've read my top 10 superheroes blog and if Ultimate kills of any of them(Wolverine, Iceman, Shadowcat, Iron Man, Human Torch, and espcially Peter) I will be very ticked. I didn't care much for either Ultimate Daredevil(he was kinda a jerk) or Ultimate Dr. Strange(and we're not sure what's happened to him either, is he dead or just being posessed) so their deaths don't bother me too much. And i don't think they will kill of Gwen again! I mean, heck, we just went through the trouble of transferring her essence(which was stark's actual words, I was quite surprised to see) to another exact biological replica of Gwen(except for the eyes). I like this newer Gwen better than the old one anyway. My main fear is still them killing off Kong, as they have spent so much time on making him a likeable character. Kitty is my favorite X-Man(as mentioned above) and i don't want her to die either. Major heroes that would be okay to kill meaningfully are: Reed Richards, Cyclops, Jean, Hawkeye, Toad, Angel, Namor, and Carol Danvers(any way, she's not that interesting). And what happened to Fury?

Just because a character is likeable doesn't mean you shouldn't kill them off. For example, Captain Stacy.

And you didn't like Ultimate Gwen???????

And I have no idea what happened to Fury.

cradleman

[124]May 27, 2009
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    cradleman wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:

cradleman wrote:

Just because a character is likeable doesn't mean you shouldn't kill them off. For example, Captain Stacy.

One of the things against captain stacy was that they killed him SO EARLY in USM. I liked him, but the reader hardly got anytime to really know him at all before "just a guy" killed him. And there was just something about Ultimate Gwen that drove me nuts, though I'm not sure what. I do like this new version of her though(which i know, you don't because she died and came back to life) and i hope they use her in the next volume. And it's not necessarily killing off characters, its doing it in Ultimatum, because so far, no one has died heroicly, which means they probably all will die stupidly. But they just opened a new dynamic in the Kitty/Mj relationship and the Kitty/Kong relationship with kitty declaring that she loves Peter. And they are just going to kill her off? I hope not. I wouldn't mind Aunt May dying either, as it would make for an interesting story line in Vol. 2. Oh, and Wikipedia says that fury is trapped in an alternate reality.

SpideyFan914

[125]May 27, 2009
    cradleman wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:
    cradleman wrote:
    SpideyFan914 wrote:

cradleman wrote:

One of the things against captain stacy was that they killed him SO EARLY in USM. I liked him, but the reader hardly got anytime to really know him at all before "just a guy" killed him. And there was just something about Ultimate Gwen that drove me nuts, though I'm not sure what. I do like this new version of her though(which i know, you don't because she died and came back to life) and i hope they use her in the next volume. And it's not necessarily killing off characters, its doing it in Ultimatum, because so far, no one has died heroicly, which means they probably all will die stupidly. But they just opened a new dynamic in the Kitty/Mj relationship and the Kitty/Kong relationship with kitty declaring that she loves Peter. And they are just going to kill her off? I hope not. I wouldn't mind Aunt May dying either, as it would make for an interesting story line in Vol. 2. Oh, and Wikipedia says that fury is trapped in an alternate reality.

I see what you're saying about Kitty.

But when did I say I didn't like Ultimate Gwen?????????????????? If that were true, I wouldn't be complaining (as much) about her revival!

cradleman

[126]May 27, 2009
    I meant that you didn't like that they brought her back. i know you liked her character. sorry for the confusion!

SpideyFan914

[127]May 27, 2009

Oh.... Okay....

Lol, yeah, Ultimate is actually my favorite portrayal of Gwen and Ultimate Gwen is my favorite character (aside from Spider-Man of course).

cradleman

[128]May 28, 2009
    previews for Ultimatum 4 and spidey 133 are up. Interesting thing about 133? no dialogue. Can't wait til it comes out.

cradleman

[129]May 28, 2009

Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 2 artist's spider-man

This is the spider-man from Ultimate Comics spider-man Vol. 2. This is the same artist who did Ultimate Spider-Man annual #3. That annual was quite anime-ish, i hope he doesn't go anime to that extent in the new ultimate spider-man.

SpideyFan914

[130]May 29, 2009

cradleman wrote:
    previews for Ultimatum 4 and spidey 133 are up. Interesting thing about 133? no dialogue. Can't wait til it comes out.

No dialogue????

No!!!! They can't do that without Mark Bagley!!!!!!

cradleman

[131]May 29, 2009
    It's not like Immonen is bad, he really is a good artist. he just isn't the same type of artist that Bagley is. The first 4 pages i saw looked very good, so I have high hopes. I really am not sure about the new artist for vol. 2, that is where i will really be worried about the art.

SpideyFan914

[132]May 29, 2009
    Immonen isn't horrible, but he's definitely not my favorite.... At all....

symbiote101

[133]May 29, 2009
    • level: 4
    I did not like Davids artwork in USM annua#l3

SpideyFan914

[134]May 30, 2009
    I still need to read it.

dcmarvelfanguy

[135]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    I miss Mark Bagley's art.

beegk

[136]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 19
    dcmarvelfanguy wrote:
    Mehhh too. He was soooo good. Not just good, amazing. And no dialouge!!!??? How the flip...? I hope it comes out okay....

dcmarvelfanguy

[137]Jun 2, 2009

beegk wrote:
    dcmarvelfanguy wrote:
    Mehhh too. He was soooo good. Not just good, amazing. And no dialouge!!!??? How the flip...? I hope it comes out okay....

Yeah Mark Bagley has great talent in art espically the covers. Peter had better not die in the last issue. Good to see your back beegk.

SpideyFan914

[138]Jun 3, 2009
    Didn't Bagley get a higher-paying offer with another company?

dcmarvelfanguy

[139]Jun 3, 2009

SpideyFan914 wrote:

I think I heard something about Mark Bagley working for DC Comics.

SpideyFan914

[140]Jun 3, 2009
    dcmarvelfanguy wrote:

SpideyFan914 wrote:

I think I heard something about Mark Bagley working for DC Comics.

Yeah, I think so....

Hey, theportal, you're a DC fan! Is Mark Bagley working with DC now?