The Spectacular Spider-Man Forums

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Who here hates the new THE CW4Kids!

I am not feeling CW4Kids at all.....are you....?

Original92

[1]May 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    Isn't their contract supposed to start in September, NOT MAY!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpaceWay2007

[2]May 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    That's what I thought too. But, I guess they wanted to start in May. Anyway, I just hope this new network won't do anything to ruin this series. I'm going to be optimistic about this network and hope for the best for TSSM. I think The CW4Kids is just another network. I don't think they are going to do any changes to the show. Do they have the right to change TSSM?

purplemyles

[3]May 24, 2008
    tssm is still airing theyre just adding TMNT etc.

Codeguru

[4]May 25, 2008

Well, I think they should have kept the KidsWB logo for good. No matter if they bring good shows to the block or not, the logo is generalized and stupid looking compared to what KidsWB had built up for over a decade. All I can say for the TMNT thing is, it probably sucks but at least it's not japanese. What would be nice is if the ghostbusters team were able to get another cartoon series due to the momentum they are setting forth with their new video game...

Codeguru

Edited on 05/25/2008 7:37am

JusticeLeaguer

[5]May 25, 2008
    • level: 61
    I'm slightly angered that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward is coming to The CW 4Kids in June for many reasons. 1) A brand new TMNT series is premiering in September on 4KidsTV. 2) This means that one of Kids' WB's (I like this name SO much better) shows is going to be taken off.

SpaceWay2007

[6]May 26, 2008
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    I'm slightly angered that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward is coming to The CW 4Kids in June for many reasons. 1) A brand new TMNT series is premiering in September on 4KidsTV. 2) This means that one of Kids' WB's (I like this name SO much better) shows is going to be taken off.
    Well, let's hope TSSM will not be removed. But, I'm positive that TSSM will not be removed because it's not only a spectacular show, but if The CW4Kids take TSSM away, then the ratings will go down, since TSSM have been increasing the ratings.

wallcrawler54

[7]May 26, 2008
    • level: 1
    I hope so much that they dont take it away I would be so angry. And this is kind of off topic but im new to the show and just wondering if anyone knew were I could watch past episodes?

maxiezeus93

[8]Jun 5, 2008
    It's been a long time since I have liked every single show on Kids WB now a days I just tune in for the most recent superhero show, although I was greatly dissapointed by league of heroes or whatever it was called. Kids Wb has always had to much anime which I never liked, the only anime show I ever liked was pokemon and that was when I was much much younger. Its pretty sad how downhill Kids WB has gone, and now that it has been bought by 4Kids which I despise, I believe this will be the final blow which will finally destroy my liking for this channel unless of course they introduce more shows like tssm or the batman

fred2258

[9]Jun 7, 2008
    On http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/home after the trailer for the next tssm episode (which i am so looking forward to) there is a trailer for yu-gi-oh gx could this mean there getting rid of another show.

JJCNUT

[10]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 1

i have a question what happend to the batman???

my fav hero is spiderman and then batman and ive notice that batman doesnt come on enymore anybody know what happend to it???

macabre190788

[11]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 26
    The only 4kids show I'm watching is TMNT. Can't wait for season 7 to premiere. Oh, and I hope they keep showing The Spectacular Spider-Man at 10:00 a.m.

SpaceWay2007

[12]Jun 7, 2008
    JJCNUT wrote:

i have a question what happend to the batman???

my fav hero is spiderman and then batman and ive notice that batman doesnt come on enymore anybody know what happend to it???

"The Batman" series ended already. The network will probably show re-runs over the summer.

antdude

[13]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 27
    That watermark is too big and not even transparent! I saw Batman TV series that got canceled during its intermissions.

Cartoonkid-JP

[14]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 23
    4KIDS SUCKS!!!

Matt_Purosky

[15]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 25

Personally, I think the new name is fitting. Personally, I think Kids' WB! was due for a name change back in September 2007. One reason being... well, it's the CW network now, not the WB network. Granted, the CW network made its debut in '06, but I can see why it kept the Kids' WB! name.

At that time, the majority of Kids' WB!'s programming was Warner Brothers produced (they had Krypto the Superdog, Tom & Jerry Tales, Legion of Super Heroes, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, The Batman, Xiaolin Showdown, Loonatics Unleashed, and half of Johnny Test), save for Spider Riders and the other half of Johnny Test (both properties of Cookie Jar Entertainment), and Monster Allergy (a property of Rainbow S.p.a.). That's 7.5 Warner shows against 2.5 non-Warner shows, so yeah, Kids' WB! was a great name for that year, even if it was on The CW.

This year, the Warner programming is down GREATLY. All they had that was Warner were T&JT, Shaggy & Scooby, TB, LoSH, half of Test, and Teen Titans. Will & Dewitt, Magi-Nation, World of Quest and half of JT are all properties of Cookie Jar. Eon Kid is a property of Manga Entertainment. The Spectacular Spider-Man is a property of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Skunk Fu! is a property of... I'm not really sure, but it's not Warner. That's 5.5 Warner shows against 6.5 non-Warner shows (and you can remove Teen Titans anyway because it wasn't announced in the fall block, and some other stuff that's too complicated and I will explain later if anyone wants me to)... over half the block is non-Warner now! I really think the block needed this name change, and has been due for one for over half a year.

However, I don't like the upcoming schedule very much. I have nothing against 4Kids, but... it's ridiculous. I like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but why put it against itself? And do the same with Chaotic?! I can sort of understand Fast Forward since it's not airing now on 4Kids TV, and The Batman to promote The Dark Knight movie, but they should really take out the 2nd Tom and Jerry Tales or Spider-Man.

SpaceWay2007

[16]Jun 10, 2008
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

Personally, I think the new name is fitting. Personally, I think Kids' WB! was due for a name change back in September 2007. One reason being... well, it's the CW network now, not the WB network. Granted, the CW network made its debut in '06, but I can see why it kept the Kids' WB! name.

At that time, the majority of Kids' WB!'s programming was Warner Brothers produced (they had Krypto the Superdog, Tom & Jerry Tales, Legion of Super Heroes, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, The Batman, Xiaolin Showdown, Loonatics Unleashed, and half of Johnny Test), save for Spider Riders and the other half of Johnny Test (both properties of Cookie Jar Entertainment), and Monster Allergy (a property of Rainbow S.p.a.). That's 7.5 Warner shows against 2.5 non-Warner shows, so yeah, Kids' WB! was a great name for that year, even if it was on The CW.

This year, the Warner programming is down GREATLY. All they had that was Warner were T&JT, Shaggy & Scooby, TB, LoSH, half of Test, and Teen Titans. Will & Dewitt, Magi-Nation, World of Quest and half of JT are all properties of Cookie Jar. Eon Kid is a property of Manga Entertainment. The Spectacular Spider-Man is a property of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Skunk Fu! is a property of... I'm not really sure, but it's not Warner. That's 5.5 Warner shows against 6.5 non-Warner shows (and you can remove Teen Titans anyway because it wasn't announced in the fall block, and some other stuff that's too complicated and I will explain later if anyone wants me to)... over half the block is non-Warner now! I really think the block needed this name change, and has been due for one for over half a year.

However, I don't like the upcoming schedule very much. I have nothing against 4Kids, but... it's ridiculous. I like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but why put it against itself? And do the same with Chaotic?! I can sort of understand Fast Forward since it's not airing now on 4Kids TV, and The Batman to promote The Dark Knight movie, but they should really take out the 2nd Tom and Jerry Tales or Spider-Man.

Take out Spider-Man? You mean, instead of showing two back to back episodes, you want them to show one new episode a week?

Matt_Purosky

[17]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 25

Well, I wouldn't mind it, but actually, given the choice between removing one of the Spider-Man episodes or one of the Tom & Jerry Tales episodes, I'd actually rather if they removed a Tom & Jerry Tales episode because as much as I like T&JT, that show is no longer in season and we really don't need two slots for repeats. I just want them to show Eon Kid and finish off the last four episodes.

However, it turns out I was wrong, apparently they're not putting GX or Chaotic against itself, because this is supposedly what 4Kids TV will look like June 21:

8:00 - Viva PiƱata
    8:30 - Viva PiƱata
    9:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
    10:00 - Sonic X
    10:30 - Dinosaur King
    11:00 - Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
    11:30 - Winx Club

So yeah, now I can sort of understand Chaotic and GX moving to the CW4Kids, but I still hope they play the last of Eon Kid...

Edited on 06/10/2008 5:38pm

purplemyles

[18]Jun 10, 2008
    they should just put on TMNT and viva pinata

purplemyles

[19]Jun 10, 2008
    Cartoonkid-JP wrote:
    4KIDS SUCKS!!!
    not

purplemyles

[20]Jun 10, 2008
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Well, let's hope TSSM will not be removed. But, I'm positive that TSSM will not be removed because it's not only a spectacular show, but if The CW4Kids take TSSM away, then the ratings will go down, since TSSM have been increasing the ratings.
    TMNT and tssm will be the best