The Spectacular Spider-Man Forums

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Who here hates the new THE CW4Kids!

I am not feeling CW4Kids at all.....are you....?

Matt_Purosky

[21]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 25

purplemyles wrote:
    they should just put on TMNT and viva pinata

I like Viva Pinata and TMNT too. But I think it's ridiculous that Viva Pinata STILL has two rerun slots on 4Kids TV and has ran through the series TWICE with no new episodes, when Canada is airing new episodes!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Codeguru

[22]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 6

Spider-man is it, there are no good cartoons being made anymore it seems except by Marvel. They are all made for ages 8-12 strictly and apparently not very bright ones at that. The last decent cartoon recently made I can remember is SilverWing and it only has 13 episodes, and it's not even that recent. Even though I like the earlier episodes of Pokemon, basically pre "Poke-mon Contest (Beauty Show)" crap, it seems that's when it all started going downhill. When something like Naruto is more popular than DBZ or even compared to it, gah, I can't even think about that, it's just too rediculous...

Codeguru

suss2it

[23]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    The Batman & Legion of Super-Heroes weren't bad recent cartoons.

RoBotz2050

[24]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    I really like KidsWB and when the Fox Box launched on Fox I didn't have a problem with it but I still missed Fox Kids. We can still get a lot of the old KidsWB stuff off of the site because KidsWB did not go away it simply was reformatted into a online network. My one fear is that 4kids will end up doing what they did to Fox slowly faze out all of the original shows on the network and import everything. I hope this doesn't effect TSSM. I like this show and even though I grew up with the 90's Spiderman I still think this show is good and deserves to have a chance and not just be canceled because 4kids can get another show which they only have to redub for cheaper.

Of course I could be wrong. They way see what direction 4kidstv went in and be as unhappy with it as I am. I can only hope for the best.

KingofIPirates

[25]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 32
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

Well, I wouldn't mind it, but actually, given the choice between removing one of the Spider-Man episodes or one of the Tom & Jerry Tales episodes, I'd actually rather if they removed a Tom & Jerry Tales episode because as much as I like T&JT, that show is no longer in season and we really don't need two slots for repeats. I just want them to show Eon Kid and finish off the last four episodes.

However, it turns out I was wrong, apparently they're not putting GX or Chaotic against itself, because this is supposedly what 4Kids TV will look like June 21:

8:00 - Viva Piñata
    8:30 - Viva Piñata
    9:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
    10:00 - Sonic X
    10:30 - Dinosaur King
    11:00 - Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
    11:30 - Winx Club

So yeah, now I can sort of understand Chaotic and GX moving to the CW4Kids, but I still hope they play the last of Eon Kid...

I don't understand it, they showed reruns instead of the last four episodes. The only thing that maintained my interest in Cw 4kids was Eon Kid, now I have lost it.

macabre190788

[26]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 26
    I'm really looking forward to the new season of TMNT on CW4Kids.

Codeguru

[27]Jun 21, 2008

suss2it wrote:

The Legion isn't even a shadow of the Justice League and that series of shows, not something I could stand watching. And the batman is just that, a shadow of knights of gotham which was the most kid oriented one in the series before. If they would just buckle down and make something else like batman beyond DC would have something again...

Codeguru

PS- I guess TMNT is alright since it destroys everything the original 5 seasons were about which is good because they weren't good. But what is with the broken canister, it's suppose to be "TGRI".

Edited on 06/21/2008 1:42pm

suss2it

[28]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 14
    Codeguru wrote:

suss2it wrote:

The Legion isn't even a shadow of the Justice League and that series of shows, not something I could stand watching. And the batman is just that, a shadow of knights of gotham which was the most kid oriented one in the series before. If they would just buckle down and make something else like batman beyond DC would have something again...

Codeguru

I said they weren't bad recent cartoons. I never said they were exceptionally good. Neither can hold a candle to Justice League or most shows in the DCAU. I was just saying that they weren't that bad.

Codeguru

[29]Jun 22, 2008

And I'm saying those are the reasons I hate them. The Batman I don't hate but I don't watch it anymore because it's just not that good after watching 2 seasons. Basically deformed batman stories with deformed batman villains, and Bruce Wayne looks like George Clooney...

Codeguru

Edited on 06/22/2008 12:38am

goku262002

[30]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    RoBotz2050 wrote:
    I really like KidsWB and when the Fox Box launched on Fox I didn't have a problem with it but I still missed Fox Kids. We can still get a lot of the old KidsWB stuff off of the site because KidsWB did not go away it simply was reformatted into a online network. My one fear is that 4kids will end up doing what they did to Fox slowly faze out all of the original shows on the network and import everything. I hope this doesn't effect TSSM. I like this show and even though I grew up with the 90's Spiderman I still think this show is good and deserves to have a chance and not just be canceled because 4kids can get another show which they only have to redub for cheaper. Of course I could be wrong. They way see what direction 4kidstv went in and be as unhappy with it as I am. I can only hope for the best.
    Sad truth is that will happen! FOX BOX was a transition period in which the last fox kids shows that were recently baught could run their series then 4kids took over and ridded the fox box programs. 4kidsCW is the same. Once the name change happend, it was already over! In probably a year tops itll be another 4kids block with just 4kids shows. sure MAYBE TSSM will be saved by being baught by CN or maybe aired online only but its slim that goes for all WB shows. Its over guys, 4kids won.

SpaceWay2007

[31]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 11
    ^We'll see about that. Right now, no one knows what's going to happen. And the CW4Kids will be crazy if they don't air TSSM on their network. TSSM is a very popular show and it brought high ratings.

Matt_Purosky

[32]Jul 11, 2008

goku262002 wrote:
    RoBotz2050 wrote:
    I really like KidsWB and when the Fox Box launched on Fox I didn't have a problem with it but I still missed Fox Kids. We can still get a lot of the old KidsWB stuff off of the site because KidsWB did not go away it simply was reformatted into a online network. My one fear is that 4kids will end up doing what they did to Fox slowly faze out all of the original shows on the network and import everything. I hope this doesn't effect TSSM. I like this show and even though I grew up with the 90's Spiderman I still think this show is good and deserves to have a chance and not just be canceled because 4kids can get another show which they only have to redub for cheaper. Of course I could be wrong. They way see what direction 4kidstv went in and be as unhappy with it as I am. I can only hope for the best.
    Sad truth is that will happen! FOX BOX was a transition period in which the last fox kids shows that were recently baught could run their series then 4kids took over and ridded the fox box programs. 4kidsCW is the same. Once the name change happend, it was already over! In probably a year tops itll be another 4kids block with just 4kids shows. sure MAYBE TSSM will be saved by being baught by CN or maybe aired online only but its slim that goes for all WB shows. Its over guys, 4kids won.

Actually, that's not true. "Fox Box" WAS when 4Kids took over, Fox Box is basically the same entity as 4Kids TV. It was originally called the Fox Box, but since not all FOX stations air it, they decided to call it 4Kids TV instead because it's owned by 4Kids. The CW4Kids is on The CW everywhere... I think...

But since TSSM has a 2nd season and pulls in high ratings, and 4Kids is a licensing company, there is a large chance that The CW4Kids will continue airing it.

Edited on 07/11/2008 7:03am

superSokka

[33]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    :

Codeguru

PS- I guess TMNT is alright since it destroys everything the original 5 seasons were about which is good because they weren't good. But what is with the broken canister, it's suppose to be "TGRI".

What are you alking about? The new TMNT cartoon isn't going to destroy anything. Actually, it has everything to do with the past 5 seasons. As far as all other cartoons go, it sounds like your standards are to high. You can't expect every cartoon to be Justice League or DBZ material.

ElJorro

[34]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    I don't think they will mess with ssm because they dont own the rights to it. So we have not much to worry about.

soundmonkey44

[35]Jul 23, 2008
    Ive ben angry with most major TV networks since 2005 so im used to the dissapointment by now, oh well this Craptastical decade is almost over mabye will gat back to the way things were in the 80's & 90's in the 2010's (Hopefully.)

Matt_Purosky

[36]Aug 19, 2008

Okay, so they did take out one episode:

7:00 - Will & Dewitt
    7:30 - Magi-Nation
    8:00 - Tom & Jerry Tales
    8:30 - Tom & Jerry Tales
    9:00 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
    9:30 - Chaotic
    10:00 - Chaotic
    10:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward
    11:00 - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    11:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

BUT, it's still on this fall September 13 according to ToonZone:

7:00 - Will & Dewitt (reruns?)
    7:30 - Magi-Nation (reruns?)
    8:00 - Skunk Fu! (new season?)
    8:30 - Viva Piñata ("new" season?)
    9:00 - The Spectacular Spider-Man (reruns?)
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewers (new "series")
    10:00 - Dinosaur King (new season)
    10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (new series)
    11:00 - Chaotic (reruns)
    11:30 - Chaotic (reruns)

pepsi_twist2008

[37]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    I hate 4kids. Are they trying kill what I have left of my childhood. Mind you Fox Kids and KidsWb havn't shown anything exceptionally noteworthy in their last few years (save Spectacular) but their logos give me nostalgia of the shows I watched as a kid Anamaniacs,Batman,Superman,Freakazoid,Pinky and the brain,Pokemon season 1,Digimon,Mighty Morhpin Power Rangers. (Yeah I'll never watch the last three shows again anyways) but 4kids have to ruin it! I propose we bomb 4kids HQ First 4kids then The World!

SpaceWay2007

[38]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    ^LOL...There's already a network that TSSM will air on, but Sony is keeping it a secret for right now. But, I can assure you that TSSM will not be returning to "TheCW4Kids." Here's the source: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0808/02/index.htm

-batmat-

[39]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 22

I prefer KidsWB to CW4Kids...only because the logo is to big

JusticeLeaguer

[40]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 61
    -batmat- wrote:

I prefer KidsWB to CW4Kids...only because the logo is to big

Agreed.

SpaceWay2007 wrote:
    I can assure you that TSSM will not be returning to "TheCW4Kids." Here's the source: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0808/02/index.htm

That link doesn't necessarily prove anything. TSSM only needs one time-slot to air new episodes so it could stay air new episodes than. Either way, I hate what The CW4Kids is doing. They're airing shows that are clearly on other networks (Skunk Fu & Chaotic on Cartoon Network and Jetix respectively) and not airing episodes of shows that could air. They suck majorly.

I wouldn't mind TSSM coming back to CW4Kids but I wouldn't hate it if they changed it either. I think it's be smart for them to move it to Nicktoons Network to air with the new Wolverine cartoon. The only problem with that is the NN isn't seen by nearly enough people.