The Spectacular Spider-Man Forums

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Who here hates the new THE CW4Kids!

I am not feeling CW4Kids at all.....are you....?

Matt_Purosky

[41]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 25

That link says it's won't return? Strange, Zap2it still has it on the fall schedule, albeit in reruns...

And also, I can't say this enough...

4Kids isn't responsible for "destroying your childhood"! Kids' WB! themselves chose to give up their kids programming due to lack of viewership! Same with Fox Kids! They put it up for bidding and 4Kids won! Even if 4Kids hadn't won, someone else would've and we would have still lost them! And besides, they're not gone forever.... Jetix is the new Fox Kids, and Kids' WB! is an online network!

Edited on 08/30/2008 9:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JusticeLeaguer

[42]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 61
    Matt_Purosky wrote:
    And also, I can't say this enough...

4Kids isn't responsible for "destroying your childhood"! Kids' WB! themselves chose to give up their kids programming due to lack of viewership! Same with Fox Kids! They put it up for bidding and 4Kids won! Even if 4Kids hadn't won, someone else would've and we would have still lost them! And besides, they're not gone forever.... Jetix is the new Fox Kids, and Kids' WB! is an online network!

Yeah, I guess that's true. I just love Kids' WB and what it used to be!

Fekul_the_Baby

[43]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    I'm a bit annoyed that FartKids isn't really doing anything new; they're just revamping Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Yu-Gi-Oh (which now looks like Speed Racer with monsters) and running last season's Fox retreads. I mean, c'mon, do we really need to sit through the same 13 episodes of Will and Dewitt--or, as I've come to call it, "Will Be Doo-Doo"--two seasons in a row? And making us wait six months for new Spider-Mans while doubling up on Chaotic? I thought ABC Kids was getting lazy--did they even debut any new shows last year? Seems I've been watching the same damn That's So Raven eps since 2005...and how the hell do the Mighty Moron Power De-Rangers keep getting renewed? I'm about to suggest they just give it up and sell the channel back to the local affiliate. They can fill those five hours every morning with syndicated DIC block 'toons and infomercials with Tom Bosley and Mary-Ann from Gilligan's Island. Anyone here from the Memphis area, perchance? If I have to suffer through another episode of "We Are Tomorrow", I may barf in my morning Ramen....
    Edited on 09/19/2008 10:40pm

JusticeLeaguer

[44]Sep 22, 2008
    Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    I'm a bit annoyed that FartKids isn't really doing anything new; they're just revamping Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Yu-Gi-Oh (which now looks like Speed Racer with monsters) and running last season's Fox retreads. I mean, c'mon, do we really need to sit through the same 13 episodes of Will and Dewitt--or, as I've come to call it, "Will Be Doo-Doo"--two seasons in a row? And making us wait six months for new Spider-Mans while doubling up on Chaotic? I thought ABC Kids was getting lazy--did they even debut any new shows last year? Seems I've been watching the same damn That's So Raven eps since 2005...and how the hell do the Mighty Moron Power De-Rangers keep getting renewed? I'm about to suggest they just give it up and sell the channel back to the local affiliate. They can fill those five hours every morning with syndicated DIC block 'toons and infomercials with Tom Bosley and Mary-Ann from Gilligan's Island. Anyone here from the Memphis area, perchance? If I have to suffer through another episode of "We Are Tomorrow", I may barf in my morning Ramen....

Will & Dewitt has 26 episodes in it's first season, but I see what you're saying.

Matt_Purosky

[45]Oct 15, 2008

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:
    And also, I can't say this enough... 4Kids isn't responsible for "destroying your childhood"! Kids' WB! themselves chose to give up their kids programming due to lack of viewership! Same with Fox Kids! They put it up for bidding and 4Kids won! Even if 4Kids hadn't won, someone else would've and we would have still lost them! And besides, they're not gone forever.... Jetix is the new Fox Kids, and Kids' WB! is an online network!
    Yeah, I guess that's true. I just love Kids' WB and what it used to be!

I thought I posted this earlier, but...

Sorry if I sounded a little mean, but some people are like "4Kids destroyed our childhood" and blame 4Kids for "destroying their childhood" just because they're 4Kids. But the truth is, even if 4Kids didn't get these blocks, someone else would have, and we would have still lost them. It's not 4Kids' fault their "childhood was destroyed", it's Warner Bros and CBS for putting Kids' WB! up for bidding, FOX for putting Fox Kids up for bidding, Disney for buying Saban, and Saban for selling themselves to Disney, which caused FOX to put up Fox Kids. But most of all, it's the viewers' fault for not continuing to watch, and decreasing the ratings of the blocks.

As for Will & Dewitt, they need it for E/I purposes. The CW4Kids needs two E/I programs ever since it got that new hour, the other one is GoGoRiki. I don't like W&D that much either, I'd've prefered keeping Magi-Nation, though I have a feeling they may rerun that once this season of W&D is through for the third time, since 4Kids made a site for it, and it doesn't make sense that they'd make a site for a show that's only gonna be around for two more weeks (a rep on the 4Kids forum said it wouldn't be available online due to contract agreements w/Cookie Jar). A fourth season of Winx Club was announced to air in Italy in 2009 (I'm not joking about this), so there's a chance that 4Kids will dub that and that might replace W&D/M-N. Winx Club is currently on the 4Kids TV block in reruns, but 4Kids TV might not exist past September 2009 b/c of the contract, and 4Kids doesn't seem to care about 4Kids TV anymore. When that happens, I predict Sonic X and Kirby: Right Back at Ya! will revert back to being web exclusives, and Winx will move to the CW with its new season, and it and GoGoRiki will be the E/I shows. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a new fourth season of Winx Club than seeing Will & Dewitt or Magi-Nation run for the third or fourth time.

In other news, there's gonna be MORE TSSM on October 25, according to NinjaTurtles.com

7:00 am - Will & Dewitt (reruns)
    7:30 am - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (new to the CW4Kids episodes)
    8:00 am - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (new to the CW4Kids episodes)
    8:30 am - GoGoRiki (new episodes)
    9:00 am - The Spectacular Spider-Man (reruns)
    9:30 am - The Spectacular Spider-Man (reruns)
    10:00 am - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer (new episodes)
    10:30 am - Dinosaur King (new episodes)
    11:00 am - Chaotic (new to the CW4Kids episodes)
    11:30 am - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    (new episodes)

JusticeLeaguer

[46]Oct 17, 2008
    How is that schedule going to work? They still have new Viva Pinata episodes to air. I honestly don't like this new schedule much. They don't need to repeat TMNT because it's being released successfully on dvd in my opinion.

Matt_Purosky

[47]Oct 19, 2008

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    How is that schedule going to work? They still have new Viva Pinata episodes to air. I honestly don't like this new schedule much. They don't need to repeat TMNT because it's being released successfully on dvd in my opinion.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe Viva Pinata isn't doing as well is ratings as they thought. They might move it back to 4Kids TV, or it's just a hiatus. I'm not really upset about Skunk Fu! leaving b/c it's on Cartoon Network and I think it's actually over.

I don't think this schedule much, but I can sort of understand repeating the old TMNT episodes. For one, TMNT has strong continuity, and not everyone who gets the CW4Kids gets 4Kids TV, or has the money for the DVDs. There's nowhere else to see these now, besides 4KidsTV.com, but not everyone has a good internet connection, ans some don't like watching shows online and would rather use the TV. So now they'll have a way to see how it all began and catch up. Only thing I don't like about this schedule is... it sorta destroyed the division of the schedule. It seemed like they had the comedy hours (W&D, Skunk, VP, GoGORiki), and the action hours (Spider-Man, TMNT, Dinosaur King, 5D's, Chaotic) lined up perfectly, but TMNT is action going between 2 comedy shows. But eh, that's no big deal.

stalemate666

[48]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    Wow just wow where is all this crap coming from these bastards need to start reading the newer comics and forking out some good shows, but alas censorship will ruin them as well I mean in the ultimate comics the only reason peter kept his secret from aunt may for so long was because she was just assuming he was doing MJ every night and made quite a few comments suggesting it, and that quality of entertainment just isn't going to end up in cartoons or on tv period actually now that I think about it tv sucks lately I can only think of like 5 good shows that are running currently out of hundreds wow thats sad

Matt_Purosky

[49]Nov 25, 2008

Well, looks like 4Kids TV is disbanding in January, and CW4Kids is getting a gold mine! I noticed their new YouTube channel ...

- Chaotic: M'arillian Invasion
    - Dinosaur King
    - GoGoRiki
    - Huntik: Secrets and Seekers
    - Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight
    - Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
    - Sonic X
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer
    - Winx Club
    - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

This is believable enough to be the CW4Kids' new January schedule. I mean, we had confirmation before that Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight and Huntik: Secrets and Seekers were going to premiere January 3, and it would seem the original Chaotic will be finished by then (they skipped an episode on CW), so it's pretty much a given that M'arillian Invasion is going to replace it. Winx Club replacing Will & Dewitt as an E/I show just seemed inevitable, and was kind of predictable. So it looks like the original TMNT and Spider-Man are gone in favor of Kamen Rider, Huntik, and... Sonic X and Kirby?! I thought they were going to become web exclusives when 4Kids TV disbanded! Well, I shouldn't be complaining, because there are still some Kirby episodes I have yet to see, and they're taking too long on the video player... and I guess they're still new to the CW4Kids... however, a new show called RollBots is said to premiere in February, and HTDT to premiere... god knows when, so I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced Sonic and Kirby with them. Winx Club is probably gonna be there to stay, since it is needed for E/I purposes and it has a fourth season in Italy coming soon, which will probably premiere in Fall 2009, giving them time to familiarize new viewers with it.

So yeah, CW4Kids has a lot up their sleeve now. Looks like they do have something new!

Matt_Purosky

[50]Dec 11, 2008

Well, looks like I was wrong. 4Kids has given the new lineup for January 3:

7:00 - Will & Dewitt (reruns)
    7:30 - The Spectacular Spider-Man (reruns, new time)
    8:00 - Sonic X (new to the CW4Kids)
    8:30 - GoGoRiki
    9:00 - Dinosaur King (new time)
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer (new time)
    10:00 - Chaotic: M'arillian Invasion (new to the CW4Kids)
    10:30 - Huntik: Secrets and Seekers (new series)
    11:00 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (new time)
    11:30 - Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (new series)

Wow, what a diverse mix. It's the US, Russia, Canada, Japan, and Italy all in one!

So they're keeping Spider-Man still? Thought they were gonna boot it by now. Whatever, though I'm not really surprised it's on so early now. They've run through it so many times!

I'm also not surprised to see Sonic X moving to the CW, since it was doing so well on FOX. M'arillian Invasion we all saw coming. WHY is Will & Dewitt still around?! I thought for sure Winx Club was going to replace it for an e/i show, since Winx is having a 4th season in Italy and if it is going to premiere this fall it would be a way to get new viewers into it... but it looks like Winx is going to be an online exclusive until then.

JusticeLeaguer

[51]Dec 11, 2008
    Yeah, they should definitely get rid of Spider-Man. I mean, they're not even getting season 2 (Disney XD is) so they have no need to keep it around forever. Granted, it is a popular show so they probably want to keep it around as long as possible.

The only thing I'm upset about is the lack of Di-Gata Defenders and Biker Mice from Mars. Biker Mice only had a handful of episodes left but Defenders has another whole season of 26 episodes that haven't aired.

Matt_Purosky

[52]Dec 11, 2008

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yeah, they should definitely get rid of Spider-Man. I mean, they're not even getting season 2 (Disney XD is) so they have no need to keep it around forever. Granted, it is a popular show so they probably want to keep it around as long as possible. The only thing I'm upset about is the lack of Di-Gata Defenders and Biker Mice from Mars. Biker Mice only had a handful of episodes left but Defenders has another whole season of 26 episodes that haven't aired.

Yeah, that's why I'm not really that surprised they're still keeping it, since their rights to it don't expire until March. However, since the first season's been run so many times (like 3, and this makes the 4th), so I guess moving it to an early slot makes sense.

Yeah, I'm upset about Di-Gata and Biker Mice too, however, I snagged this from the press release at 4Kids.TV:

Kyle wrote:
    New shows Huntik and Kamen Rider Dragon Knight join The CW4Kids line-up with new favorites Gogoriki, TMNT: Back to the Sewer, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Chaotic M'arrillian Invasion. Don't forget; there will also be traditional favorites to see, like The Spectacular Spider-Man, Sonic X and Will & Dewitt. But don't worry about Kirby, Winx Club!, Chaotic, Di-Gata Defenders, Viva Pinata and Biker Mice From Mars. They will be available online at www.4KidsTV.com. Plus, be sure to stay tuned for even more cool new episodes and special events in 2009! Happy Holidays from your friends at 4Kids!

They do seem to be promotiong "4Kids TV is moving online", so I guess Di-Gata and Biker Mice might become online exclusives, and maybe Viva Pinata too. I don't really care about Kirby since it's already completed its run, though I still hope they put the rest online b/c there are a few episodes I haven't seen, and some have yet to be rerun.

However, I noticed that even though we were promised more episodes of Di-Gata online in November, they only have the first 13, and Biker Mice only has 3. Hopefully this means starting in January 4Kids will add the rest online. They used to update slowly, but now I see they're going a bit quicker, and now they recently added ALL of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series (including Capsule Monsters, without giving any notification), and I hope they do the same for Kirby and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and here's hoping they do it for Di-Gata and Biker Mice too.

Codeguru

[53]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 6

Starting to piss me off when things I like get too popular and the gouging starts. Gonna have to shell out for HBO to see sesame street someday. I'm guessing this is the same channel that is getting the new X-men cartoon. You-Tube is gonna get a lot of ratings...

Codeguru

JusticeLeaguer

[54]Dec 13, 2008
    Codeguru wrote:
    I'm guessing this is the same channel that is getting the new X-men cartoon. You-Tube is gonna get a lot of ratings...

That's what I was thinking they would do but they didn't. Wolverine and the X-Men will premiere on January 23rd on Nicktoons Network and The Spectacular Spider-Man will premiere on Disney XD when it premieres in February. Season 2 of Spider-Man will then premiere on Disney XD in March.

Matt_Purosky

[55]Dec 15, 2008

Oh, yeah, one other thing I heard at ToonZone... now this is just a rumor.

The CW4Kids is getting a new show in February called RollBots. Now that part is official, but what's unofficial but likely is that in February, RollBots will replace The Spectactular Spider-Man, since 4Kids is going to lose their rights to it in March. My guess would also be around that time, Winx Club will replace Will & Dewitt, finishing off the Kids' WB! leftovers.

JusticeLeaguer

[56]Dec 16, 2008
    That might happen but I'm not entirely sure. RollBots is premiering on February 7th, 2009 @ 7:30am in Canada on YTV so if it's going to premiere on The CW4Kids than it'd be pretty close to / on at the same time as it is in Canada. I'm not sure if that's a problem or not (I certainly don't think so) but you never know.

Matt_Purosky

[57]Dec 16, 2008

Per http://www.animationmagazine.net/article/8892

"Rollbots will premiere in the US and Canada in February of 2009."

That pretty much says RollBots is coming in February, and with Spider-Man leaving in March, that's what might happen. Unless it takes out another show in February, and at the beginning of March, the show that got replaced takes out Spider-Man...

As for Winx Club, it's not really even official that 4Kids is going to dub the fourth season (it hasn't even aired in Italy, and won't until 2009, not sure when though). I wouldn't put it past them, though, given the way they've been treating it lately.

JusticeLeaguer

[58]Dec 18, 2008
    Yeah, you never know what they might do. I think they should have Biker Mice finish off their last 7 episodes in place of Spider-Man so that way they can be done with it and then there's a slot open on the schedule (presumably for RollBots when it premieres in February). I'm not sure if it's gonna be the 7th or the 14th but I've never seen a US/Canadian premiere of a show (premiering at the same time) but it looks like it fits in. We'll have to see.

Matt_Purosky

[59]Dec 19, 2008

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yeah, you never know what they might do. I think they should have Biker Mice finish off their last 7 episodes in place of Spider-Man so that way they can be done with it and then there's a slot open on the schedule (presumably for RollBots when it premieres in February). I'm not sure if it's gonna be the 7th or the 14th but I've never seen a US/Canadian premiere of a show (premiering at the same time) but it looks like it fits in. We'll have to see.

Actually, The Adrenaline Project was a US/CA premiere of the same show on the same day. As for Biker Mice, based on what I saw on the site, I have a feeling that the last 7 episodes will basically be web exclusives, like with the last of Funky Cops, the "second season" of Magical DoReMi, and episodes 6-13 of Di-Gata Defenders.

But anyway, if you go to 4Kids.TV and watch the video thingy in the upper right hand corner on the main page, wait a bit (I just had to get past one external ad, for a Beethoven movie), you'll see a 2009 CW4Kids promo that has Huntik: Secrets and Seekers, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, and RollBots on it. The other shows on it are Sonic X, GoGORiki, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Chaotic: M'arillian Invasion, Dinosaur King, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer, but no Will & Dewitt, and no Winx Club either. Something like this happened in the fall too. This probably means that Will & Dewitt will be leaving the lineup in February, but Winx Club isn't coming just yet (if at all), however, it seems RollBots is going to replace Will & Dewitt in February. Does this mean RollBots is an E/I show? And does this mean that Spider-Man is going to be allowed to air on CW4Kids for longer? My theories are...

- It is just going to repeat Season 1 over and over again until the fall or summer (wouldn't like this, but I wouldn't put it past them)

- It is going away in March to be replaced by Winx Club or some other show (if not Winx then maybe Biker Mice) and this thing is only telling us the February schedule

- Disney XD is only going to air new episodes where CW4Kids can air reruns that would still be counted as new to the CW4Kids (though that's unlikely)

Codeguru

[60]Dec 20, 2008
    • level: 6

My god I've never even heard of a Nicktoons channel. This is the first time I can think of that good new shows are premiering on channels I'll never see or get. I detest watching things on computer but too bad for me I guess...

Codeguru