The Spectacular Spider-Man Forums

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Who here hates the new THE CW4Kids!

I am not feeling CW4Kids at all.....are you....?

Matt_Purosky

[61]Dec 20, 2008
    • level: 25
    Codeguru wrote:

My god I've never even heard of a Nicktoons channel. This is the first time I can think of that good new shows are premiering on channels I'll never see or get. I detest watching things on computer but too bad for me I guess...

Codeguru

I concur, I don't even have cable. I haven't seen Wolverine and the X-Men yet, and now this will be my only way to see Spider-Man...

Anyway, if you're interested, 4Kids uploaded the promo I was talking about to their YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuLITi95txU&feature=channel_page

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

theironbat46

[62]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    i do!

Knightwing23

[63]Dec 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    TSSM S2 will not be on CW4Kids but on Disney XD

JusticeLeaguer

[64]Dec 27, 2008
    • level: 61
    Knightwing23 wrote:

Correct. And thanks Matt for the link to the clip. This is kind of off topic but whatever.

Matt_Purosky

[65]Dec 27, 2008

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Knightwing23 wrote:
    Correct. And thanks Matt for the link to the clip. This is kind of off topic but whatever.
    Sorry if I've been trailing off, when I discuss Saturday morning schedules, things get a little out of hand.

player_three

[66]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    All I got from this topic is that I'm screwed out of watching TSSM. I seriously need cable.

Fekul_the_Baby

[67]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 15

For those who wonder what Matt is talking about, the E/I bug means that a programming by law meets the educational and informative needs of young children. A station is required to air 3 hours a week of E/I programs, plus an extra 30 minutes for every 28 hours of free digital programming (as per a 2007 amendment).

However, my big problem with F/U--I mean, E/I--programs is that many networks cheat and schedule most of their E/I block for Sunday mornings while the target audience is at church with their families, thus skirting their responsibilities. Most of the E/I programs, particularly with local affiliates, is inferior-quality local public affairs programming or cheap syndicate-package cartoons from 15, 20 years ago. The E/I requirement has made local cable TV's offerings largely bland and toothless affairs with all humor and originaly sucked out of them.

That said, I would argue Spider-Man meets any arbitrary educational requirement, as it shows a hero who regularly uses logic and science rather than force to solve crimes (e.g. using skills in chemistry to prepare adhesive webbing, or a knowledge of zimple zoology to take down the Lizard, or an understanding of fundamental biology to subdue Rhino) and learns life lessons from often surprising sources (who'd have thought The Shocker could teach you about adult responsibility?).

Matt_Purosky

[68]Jan 12, 2009

Yeah, exactly. The CW4Kids is required to show two E/I shows, and 4Kids TV was required to have one. I can understand how Will & Dewitt is considered E/I for obvious reasons, and it took me awhile to figure out how Magi-Nation gets an E/I as well... sometimes, Tony will shout out some fact comparing the Moonlands to Earth like "Hey, that looks like an old president named..." or "On Earth, this works underwater!" And actually, by that logic, Dinosaur King should be considered E/I too, those dinosaur facts are actually true.

But how the hell is Winx Club E/I? I'm not going to bash the show, I mean, I love the show, but I fail to see its educational content. GoGoRiki seems to switch between having a subtle message or a blatant one.

oni1212

[69]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 2
    SpaceWay2007 wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    I'm slightly angered that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward is coming to The CW 4Kids in June for many reasons. 1) A brand new TMNT series is premiering in September on 4KidsTV. 2) This means that one of Kids' WB's (I like this name SO much better) shows is going to be taken off.
    Well, let's hope TSSM will not be removed. But, I'm positive that TSSM will not be removed because it's not only a spectacular show, but if The CW4Kids take TSSM away, then the ratings will go down, since TSSM have been increasing the ratings.

oni1212

[70]Jun 28, 2010
    well good becuz what they did was wrong they're shows that they old shows and i know wat i am saying dinosaur king is about to be over the series and now thy're about to start over they station is for 4 year olds now how bout they put some most like shows like teen titans or pokemon well they can't play pokemon so anyway like whats new scooby doo i hate all the shows they play i hate it with all my heart ;(

oni1212

[71]Jun 28, 2010
    i don't even have cable cw4kids is stupid i wish they would just plY LIKE NEWW SERIES IN STEAD OF DO RA MIE thats not new either they just want to tell the people its comin back and its new... not! they're just sayin that to make the people look to dawm stupid to know they're playin old series duh :O oh yeah they play winx club oh my god :O

oni1212

[72]Jun 28, 2010

i hope they change the tv network on tssm or they change the showi don't like them at all all they show would some on reply?

thec0mebackman

[73]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 15
    I absolutely HATE it. bring back KidsWB, that was the best cartoon station ever. I remember being a little kid, age 8-13/14 I would set my alarm clock for 6:55 just to tune in to channel 5. then I would spend my Saturday morning very happy from 7am til 11am. things are obviously different now being 19, college student with a part-time job. but I do have DVR, so one day I wanted to record cartoons from KidsWB& only to find out CW4Kids took over, I was devastated. all the good shows were gone, replaced with boring junk. I couldn't believe it ...)= R.I.P. wow, nostalgia fuel has taken over me lol