The Spectacular Spider-Man

Opening Night

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 18, 2009 on Disney XD

• It's opening night in more then one place

Hobie talks in the first episode ever and in a Shakespeare and sophisticated manner.
    It's opening night in more then one place first St. John Devereaux's a mid summer nights dream is having opening chaos with there puck (Harry Osborn)a no show,and seconded A new security cell at Ryker's, called the Vault is also opening and Norman Osborn has asked Spider-Man to test it.In the play Hobie fills in for Harry and talks Finely and all is wall right...not even close.The Green Goblin traps Spider-Man with all the super villains in the Prison and with some help from Black Cat and the Cat Burglar mast survive the night.
    you mite think the episode would be over crowed with villains but they fit together wall and the play mirroring the the events in the Vault was entrusting and I am glad that they did not do the flash back this time.
  • Getting a bit repetitive in storytelling techniques, and over-stuffed villains. But there's a cool surprise, and it all still works anyway.

I admit I'm starting to get a little tired of the show always trying to find some clever way to tell the plot. What I mean is in almost every episode this season, it's been a case of juxtaposing Spiderman's adventure against what's happening with the kids at school. I love the other students, but I'm not really concerned with what they're up to if Parker isn't with them. The writers continue to go to the mix-and-match well far too often, so every show feels gimmicky, not creative. One episode its a video camera, the next it's auditions, the next it's news interviews, the next it's flashbacks, it's all getting to be too much! I wish for just once they could tell a straight-forward narrative. Anyway, that said, I still really enjoyed this one, which once again paralleled Shakespeare over the action going on. Spiderman is stuck in a prison with all his worst enemies and needs to escape. This is a popular plot reminiscent of films like Escape from NY, and once again, we get tons of villains crammed in. I wish they actually explained how Spidey ended up in there in the first place! Still, Black Cat is back, and this time in a much better role. The biggest surprise was learning Cat's father is the man responsible for Uncle Ben's death! Spidey obviously has an issue with helping him, but it all ends anti-climatic. This is the guy that is the reason you exist, basically- there's enough material to go a half season with here, but it's all wrapped up much too quickly and easily. And Pete knows Goblin is back.