The Spectacular Spider-Man

Disney XD (ended 2009)

Gislef

The Spectacular Spider-Man Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• This version of Spiderman adapts the old comics, the Ultimate Universe, and the Movie Universe. (There are SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW)

Wow. Just wow. This series is one of the most amazing things to grace Saturday morning T.V. Season 1 is amazing, introducing so amny great characters. The first arc was a great start to the series. It did an amazing job with all the villains. The second arc adds on to the mystery of the Big Man, who at first I thought was going to be Kingpin. When I saw who it was I was so surprised! Tombstone as a crimelord is great. The Green Goblin arc was pure genius, giving us a good mystery to solve. The symbiote arc was surely a great one. This show's version of Venom (or Doc Ock for that matter) are not the best. Venom was just way too mad at Peter, for taking pictures...of the Lizard...and not going to the dance with Gwen. Seriously. Ock just goes from crazed maniac to Master Planner, to crimelord. Not the best interpretation. Season 2 starts off with the Master Planner arc. Which introduces some villains into the show. Mysterio, man, I just loved him.Kraven, he's okay. Final episode of the MP arc was amazing. Loved the comic book reference. The Venom arc was really good. Not great, good. Captain Jupiter was out there, though. Th final fight between Venom and Spiderman was sooo great. The Gang War arc. I really like this one. And finally Tombstone appears again! He had not been there all season! Silver Sable was stupendous here. The Enforcers return, in new costumes. And the four way fight between Spiderman, Silver Mane, Doc Ock, and Tombstone was one of my favorite fight scenes. And...THE GREEN GOBLIN! He returns! And we see Molten Man introduced, and then Black Cat comes back, with a new twist on who her father is! And finally we see who the Green Goblin REALLY is. I'm sure you know. And it is kinda scary how the theories of most of these people were right! All the way down to Chameleon! Scerry. And Peter FINALLY breaks up with Liz. But cant get back with Gwen because Harry is being a control freak!! And made Gwen feel bad for him. How low can he get? I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY, RECCOMRND this SPECTACULAR show. Heres to a third season!

• Your friendly neighborhood spider-man

We all know the story. Boy goes on class field trip, boy meets radioactive spider, spider bites boy, boy develops super powers instead of cancer, boy becomes Spider-man. It's a story as well known as Superman and one would think that it would get stale. However creator Greg Weisman(Gargoyles) has taken a shot at his vision of spider-man and what a great vision it is.

The show starts out with Spider-man(a teenager) having spent the past summer fighting crime is looking forward to shedding his form nerd persona in exchange for top man on campus. Things dont go so well and he remains on the bottom of the social ladder. Add on to that supervillains have started coming out left and right and Spidey's has his arms full.

The character designs on the show are incredbly simplistic but because of this the animation is very fluid and seamless which is how spidey should move. The best thing is that the show is made so that it can appeal to literally everyone. The kids will watch it for spidey, Teens would watch it for the teenage angst the characters go through(which are more accurate here than in the so called "teen dramas"), and adults can marvel at the mature subject matter that the show doesnt dumb down. With cartoons nowadays seemingly focusing on nothing moore than loud noises Spectacular Spider-man is a gem set to be a classic.
  • It's been over ten years since I enjoyed seeing the wall crawler. While not all that eye-catching and bearing a new style, it works it's way into you heart and stays there. I can't tell by the first season, but hopefully this is a classic in the making.

It's about time they made a good spiderman after how the movies effectively massacred half the characters. The 3D animation was worthy attempt, but failed in the end to live up to it's potential.

Spiderman is a classic story reiterating the concept that with great power comes great responsibility. This show has done a wonderful job of showing said concept in a variety of angles as our main character and superhero desperately attempts to balance Peter Parker with Spiderman. And it IS a balancing act. When one does well the other tends to suffer as Parker's choices, both good and bad usually come back at him.

The animation is lack-luster, but fluid and effective which I wold to be much more important after watching some of the fight scenes in MedaBots.

Also, if you are a purist, try not to watch with tinted glasses as one reviewer seems to have. There are a variety of changes and although some of them seem questionable at first they don't have any major impact on the story and usually get ironed out quite nicely. The first three episodes give the general theme of the plot, so you can base you opinion on that. If you liked what you saw, good news, it only gets better.
  • Peter Parker gets bitten by a genetically enhanced spider which grants him super human powers to fight evil...

Awesome show, may not look good on first look, but if you give it a chance and watch 2 or 3 episodes you'd get addicted like me...

The villains may seem lame from first look, but later on they're even cooler than they are in TAS, the moves, the suits, everything, I hope they base upcoming Spidey movies on villains from this series, like Shocker and Rhino, and not the wussies they were in TAS.:P

Definitely lives up to the old 1994 TAS and better, can't wait to see more episodes produced.

Dammit can't believe we have to wait 7 months for next season to start, I want Spectacular Spidey NOW :'(.
  • I love spider man.spidey is unreal everywhere, i will watch anything with him the movies were great, i cant wait for another movie, this was so much fun to watch and i never miss im looking forward to future work and ready to rock

6.3
    spidey is unreal everywhere, i will watch anything with him the movies were great, i cant wait for another movie, this was so much fun to watch and i never miss im looking forward to future work and ready to rock it, partyy party party party in my eyes, I wont miss a episode and ill tell all my friends. Chris likes watchin it with me to he is my guitar player, and he partys. We are on a one way street to party villa. I will tell everyone i know about this show and we will have a spidey party
  • a hole new series of peter parker's life and spider man

no wonder this show is called the spectacular spider man because it pretty is spectacular. A lot of fun filled action and the story just keeps getting better by each episode. this show may at a point aim kids satisfaction but by watching it i think teens and adults can watch it with their little brother or sister and enjoy it with them. At first when I watched it I thought by just looking at it wouldn't be interesting, but I was 100% wrong. I think it deserves a good score because of the quality of excitement. once again nice work spider man
  • A great show that does marvel's most known superheroe justice.

Spectacular Spider-man is a must see show. It has everything a good show needs. A believable character, mind blowing action, hilarious quotes, and surprises along every turn. This show, unlike the other Spider-man shows, actually shows Peter being a kid rather than being a superhero. This show shows Peter being more of a laid back scholar, who just wants to have fun while doing what he needs to do. While the other shows show Peter as a stressed out nerd who is cursed having these spiderpowers, having huge problems not even adults can solve, and abandoning his personal life to became a superhero. This show shows Peter being more in control of his life and becoming the kid he truly is. This show is like a mix of all the comics, movies, and shows about our wall-crawling hero put in one. You must see this how.
  • This Spider-Man show truly IS Spectacular. Easily one of the best superhero shows in many, many years. Great fun and action for young and older fans alike.

This is an awesome show with incredible amounts of potential to make it even better. The simplistic character designs doesn't bother me a bit, and the animation overall is fantastic. Just look at those web-swinging sequences and the action scenes, just beautiful to look at. It's also really dark and violent at times, it's refreshing. As you probably know, the 90's Spider-Man show didn't have punching or kicking and stuff like that. Awesomely creepy transformation scenes do appear in a ouple of episodes. I'm a complete sucker for awesome transformations. The writing is great as well. The voice acting is nice overall, with only a minor annoyance with Harry Osborn's voice. Peter Parker, or Spider-Man is very chatty. Perhaps a little too much sometimes. MJ also appears later on, she looks good but does she have to say "tiger" every freakin' time she talks to Peter? It's a really minor annoying detail and doesn't ruin this show a bit at all. Gwen Stacy may be my favorite character. She's just so sweet and loveable. I always enjoy a good death scene in a cartoon, but I actually hope they don't kill her off. Rather MJ than her. Anyway, I love this show and it's exactly what I need now as "The Batman" is cancelled(one season overdue, I think). "The Spectacular Spider-Man" is an incredibly entertaining superhero series with amazing action scenes, only rivaled by the ones in "Transformers Animated"(My favorite show). I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it, and if you like Spider-Man or awesome superhero shows, you should too. Hopefully we'll see at least one more season, this whole "KidsWB to shut down" is confusing.
  • The title of the show says it all

The Spectacular Spider-man is the newest show about Spider-man. This show is based mostly off of the original comics, but has ideas from other Spider-man media such as the Ultimate Spider-man comics and the films by Sam Raimi. All sorts of references are made to other Spider-man universes. This show has all the characters, Liz Allen, Flash, MJ, Gwen, Peter, Jonah, May, Conners, and Eddie Brock and more. The storyline follows up with Peter in his junior high school year and starts to fight supervillains for the first time such as the enforcers, Vulture, Electro, Lizard, Shocker, Sandman, Rhino, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Chameleon, and Venom, and more such as Mysterio, Tinkerer and Kraven in the 2nd season. What makes this show great is that it has taken ideas from all of Spider-man and put them together with some new ideas straight from the makers' heads. The storyline is spectacular, the villains are spectacular, the humor is spectacular, everything is, as the title suggests, spectacular. I do have a few problems, like there are certain things I feel weren't done in a good way, such as how he defeated Venom in the season one finale, and there are a few other things could use some improvement, but these problems are minor at most and overall, this show is spectacular.
  • please tell em where can I download episode 10 and 11?

a lot like the classic very good stories and awesome characters my favs have to be Black-Suit Spiderman and Black Cat which reminds me where can I find their episodes for download? Also the new version of the series also know as Spectacular Spider man is fantastic and a nostalgic trip of the good old cartoons that you can really only watch now in the three hundreds on digital TV. what ever happened to the good stuff why are people making such horrible new things why can they not use more of the good ideas like marvel heroes and things like that.
  • The best episode of Spetctacular Spider-Man is was awsome i coud wathc this one wan time this episode had fitging and action this is the last episode of season 1 fope than season 2 will be son maiby with cat

the best episode of Spidy i love it is was awsome i lovit nature vs. nurture coll episode you shod see it awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome
  • The latest version of the classic tale is just as 'spectacular' as any of the previous versions.

Spider-Man has had numerous television series over the years, probably the most out of any superhero, and this latest one just goes to show that our friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man will never get old.
    For this show, they've made Spidey slightly younger than previous incarnations, and moved around the positions of some of the characters as a result (for example, Eddie Brock never worked for Dr. Connors), but that's not necessarily a bad thing. For a start, the younger Spidey appeals to a younger audience, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it also gives the series originality, something to separate it from previous versions.
    As for the show itself, it's nothing short of amazing. As to be expected from Spider-Man, the one-liners are brilliant. The cheesy dialogue isn't cringe-worthy at all, it's actually funny. The plot is almost identical to previous versions, with slight alterations, and we all know how good the previous versions were. Even the theme song is good, it's nice and catchy.
    Spectacular Spider-Man has succeeded in entertaining Spidey fans of all ages, kids, adults, teens like myself, will all be watching the Spectacular Spider-Man.
  • The spectacular adventures of Peter Parker, aka Spiderman.

After watching the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies, I went on a binge, buying up and reading all of the Spiderman comics that I could find on the Internet. I came to the conclusion that the movies get close to, but don't completely capture, the flavor of the comics. This series, however, is a perfect adaptation of the comics. It makes a few tweaks here and there, and it updates the concept (which is a great thing since Spiderman comics premiered in the Sixties as nearly as I can determine) but the spirit of Spiderman, as developed by his original creators, is on full display here. I love the animation and the voice-work, the writing has snap, there's action and comedy, and the episodes build upon one another, just like the issues of a comic.
  • Spectacular episode with a spectacular ending.

7.6
    This episode was nice and well plotted. First off it was nice to see why Hammerhead is called "Hammerhead". I also liked how the "properly" introduced the black symbiote with the spaceship, unlike the shooting star scene from the Spider-man 3 movie. We all knew that Norman and Harry were both the green goblin, but the studio did a great job of making us decided on which on. What i also liked about this episode was that Norman proved that he's not always the neglectful father towards Harry. Now that Harry was the Green Goblin, it's Norman's turn. I hope that he has a new costume which is similar to the movie and the comics.
  • It was able to trump the early 90's version

Its been over 10 years since we have had a decent spiderman cartoon (yeah Im looking at you Spiderman on MTV...you sucked) Since the ending of Spiderman and then the short lived Spiderman Unlimited, its nice to see a spiderman cartoon worth watching and wanting more of it. From the artwork to the fluid motion, to the staying true to its roots while but yet making it better, it is all great. It would be nice to keep it on long enough to go through majore comic events; i.e civil war, one more day, etc. Lets hope this continues and keeps providing better than excellent cartoon viewing Spiderman FTW!!!
  • SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is GREAT! I really like the styles of the characters and that they give them slightly different looks than their comic counterparts. The action is fast-paced and smooth. They have a lot of hilarious parts in the show. Spider-man has the funniest sayings and comebacks.

They picked really good voice actors for the show. everyone sounds great. They look like they are going to take this show deep into the comics. I've seen some characters that will have some part in the show later. I also like there is a backstory to every episode and most of the time continues to the next until it's the main story for the episode. great show!!
  • A Spectacular series!

Finally, a Spider-Man show the fans have been waiting for.

This show seems to capture the true essence of Spider-Man. This series takes place during Peter's junior year in high school, about a couple of months after Peter Parker was bitten by the radioactive spider and became Spider-Man. All he's fought are just common crooks, thugs and thieves. But now Spider-Man has to take on his classic rogue gallery such as the Vulture, Lizard, Electro, Green Goblin, etc. The action sequences are amazing. I love the way that Spider-Man swings from web to web. Lets not forget about the fight scenes between his adversaries. The battle sequences are cool! Spider-Man actually gets to throw a punch and kick at his enemies! It's fun to watch Spider-Man fight and dodge his enemies.

But The Spectacular Spider-Man isn't just Spider-Man's show. Peter Parker gets just the same amount of screen time as his heroic counterpart. This show cleverly intertwines Spider-Man's inner struggles with Peter Parker's own troubles in his social life. And the people in his life are just as great as the webslinger himself. Though Harry Osborne and Gwen Stacy met Peter in college in the comics, here they are his best friends in high school. Here, Harry is Peter's dorky best friend while Gwen is Peter's gal-pal who has an unrequited crush on him. Aunt May is a little more modern and less naive and J. Jonah Jameson is the same loudmouth editor-in-chief. If you are a Spider-Man fan, give this show a chance. You'll feel like you're watching a comic book playing in front of you. Plus, Greg Weisman, the creator of Gargoyles, was involved in this show. Anything by Greg is bound to be spectacular.
  • Survival of the Fitest: Great episode to pick up Spider Man's school year and start show : Only problem with Shocker is his secret I denity.

It's a great to me for two reasons: I love Spider-Man, and two, it funny and entertaining. It hold on to the Ultimate Spider-Man orgins just without the violence and gore. The is the best thing on television. Just wish it was on comcast because kids wb isn't on comcast so I have to watch it on you tube. I rate as a great show for everyone. I also can't wait until some more classic and modern villians come because to tell the truth, I had never heard about Tobestone until the last episode. I also want to see how Peter and Eddie's friendship ends and Brock becomes Venom.

Overmaster192
  • really great show

This is the best spiderman show i have watched. The stories are very interesting, and pretty much all of the villain's costumes have been reimagined for the better. I like this show a lot better then the 90's spiderman because, they used animation that was new and interesting while the 90's show was fairly bland animation wise and didnt bring anything new to the table. All and all a superb show that surprises you every week and with bender voicing sandman, how could you miss this show. This show has the potential to last a long time, and as long as the stories and animation remain up to par, i will continue watching it
  • Basically the beginning years of our friendly neighborhood spiderman.

i really like this series especially because its much more accurate to the original spiderman storyline of the comics than the movies. I just hope that it will stay this way and not overdoo it like the spiderman cartoons of the '70s and '90s. Even though this is an animated series, it is still enjoyable to an older crowd as well, including my 22 year old self. However, i do hope that this series gets a little " darker " as did the comics. The animation in my opinion is really good depicting peter as a high school kid in todays age. Overall i would give this series a 9.0.
  • Marvel's way of saying "Sorry for "One More Day'" to its fans.

Okay, when the editor at Marvel published One More Day, they kind of kick a lot of the SPider-Man fans right in their pants, ruinng everything that our favorite web-head stands for. I can't even look at Spidey the same way again (unless they recton it. Oh, please recton it!) But then they aired this show a few months later, showing Spider-Man at his Basic roots in the comics, like being a High Schooler and hanging out with Gwen Stacey.

All the episodes have the basic Tv-special themes that Spider-Man started out in comics, which is great for all. The art work and character designs are cool and unique, stuff we hadn't seen since Batman: The Animated series. The show is fun for all.
  • In a world full of generic, cheap cartoons, this show shines out as a fresh look at a tough franchise to do

When i heard about this show i was so freakin excited. for a show that did so well in theaters, it deserved its own kick but show that would surpass even the 90's version. now dont get me wrong, 90's spider-man is an untouchable classic, but you have to admit that it is a little dated. its good to have a fresh new look at spider-man where other shows like "The Batman" have shined I had my doubts, however, when i heard about this. I was pretty worried that this show would regurgitate the same old story we've all heard our whole lives unless ur in ur 50's. THankfully, the writers of this show have done an outstanding job so far. they've recycled ample material from past spider-man worlds and have added plenty of exciting new twists to make it fresh. for example, the high school concept is one that was only used by Ultimate, so it makes sense that they would use this in the tv version. also, they've added wayyy more depth and connections to all of the characters, especially the villains. the way they are leading up to mary jane is also a great way to handle her character in a new and different way. i love how there is a head villain who is manipulating everything and i definitely love the animation. the fight scenes are fantastic, the plot flow is entertaining, and the overall sotries are simple yet they provide alot of character development. i love how peter learns something thats hard to learn in every story without it getting too aesop. overall this is a fantastic show that will generate alot of attention. my only two complaints are the round eyes that make everyone look stupid and harry's voice. he sounds like hes 5 years old. not cool
  • About a 16 year old boy who has two life's a nerd life and a spider man life.

I say it's great for kids it shows a villain every time. I say comedy,animation,and drama. you might have to wake up earlier than usually but i say it's worth it.it has a couple of new characters some are main.On the episode Market Forces Aunt May announced Mary Jane Watson but never appeared.Right when Peter heard her say"She has a great personality." he didn't like her.he also has a friend named Stacey.I can't believe it but Instead of a jock Eddie Brock is peter's friend.new jock new crush just another life of a 16 year old boy. that's my review.
  • Good Start!

I think the fist thing that can be said about this iteration is that its probably the closest thing to the original Spider-man cartoon and the classic comic book too in terms of his snappy smart-aleck wisecracks and his terrible bad luck with his personal affairs. Special effects aside I think its even better than the movie versions. Of course there is just one small drawback that they have dumbed him down in his academic side which does not fall in with the original comic book since that was the only area he truly excels. I don't know but there is just something not entirely right with it. Still it won't make me change the channel or enjoy this new style animated version any less. Keep it up, its a good start! My advice to the writers is to stay faithful to the original as much as possible. It was good then, it will be good now.
  • It definetinely lives up to be SPECTACULAR

Peter Parker, the everyday nerd, ends up with powers of a spider. Unlike past shows where the heroes fight a different villian every episode, I admire that there's also a backstory behind it all. I even more admire that it seems that it seems that each episode has morale.

The part I don't get is where's Mary Jane..... I've never heard of a Spider-Man without Mary Jane....but then again...they are probably building to it.

Also....I know some people don't like Spider-Man because it doesn't fully revolve around the comic or the artwork. The Batman was drawn differently but it became a classic; therefore, the same applies towards Spiderman.
  • I'm very impressed with the results

It has the most impressive display of 2d and 3d combination animation. it has the greatest results, the speed, the animation, the sharpness, and the colors. It's complete perfection, I am very impressed with the plot too. The concept art catches my interest because it has the certain hint of perfection and the script went smoothly as the episode rolls on forward. The back ground is also fantastic it is the most colorful tv show I have ever watched, so I decided to give the spectacular spider man a 5 out og five stars. In other words a 10 out of 10. This is another Judgmental review courtesy of axel223.
  • The Spectacular Spider-Man is the new WB kid's cartoon, set to start in early 2008. The show will air on the CW network and is the 10th television series about Spiderman.

The series is aimed at kids, but producers say it will also appeal to teens and adults. The Spectacular Spider-Man picks up the original web-slinger's mythology at the beginning of his hero's journey, as a not so typical 16-year-old entering his junior year of high school. Having spent the summer engaging common criminals with his new-found powers, Peter Parker must conceal his secret identity and battle super-villains in the real world. This show is actually pretty good. Its a new spiderman cartoon series which is cool and is unique. Same villains, same characters, same hero but better plot and action. 9/10
  • GREAT!

I didn't think it was going to be this good but it is! I just wish it was on more the villians loook really good if any one likes spider man you will really like this new version of spider man and he's back and better this time. THanks WB for putting on a good show you should be proud of your self. This is now one of my favourite shows now on WB i watch it every Saturday it one of the only shows i watch WB for. Thanks for reading my rewiew and i hope this was helpful to you

from dcelw540
  • really great. whoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

i really liked how they didn't start out with Mary Jane as a starting character but with Gwen Stacy. i was really surprised at that. i am positive that she will appear in season 2 or later in season 1. i like how they started the "sandman" as a regular old robber with no powers. very nice. this is gonna be good. i cant wait how they are gonna turn Eddie Brock into venom. better yet, how carnage is going to appear! there are going to be better episodes coming. i can tell. and one more thing whats with peters mole?
1 2 3