The Spectacular Spider-Man

Disney XD (ended 2009)

DuelMark

The Spectacular Spider-Man Fan Reviews (67)

• Don't know where to begin.

Well i don't know what to say because gee THE SHOW HASN'T COME OUT! Accourse it will be a hit if it's anything like the "real movies". It's not shocking but truely amazing on how popular Spiderman really is in America and basically the world except for "poor countries"(sadly)and it's also really neat on how Spiderman has had "so many" cartoon shows and three different ones in the decade!
  • I can't wait for this show to come out!

Even though I haven't seen this show before, I still think it's going to be great because I'm a big Spider-Man fan. I hope this show is going to follow the comic book series. I heard rumors say that this show is not going to be a cartoon animated show, instead it's going to be in 2-D version.
  • From what I've seen on the trailor and the research I done on it, The Spectacular Spider-Man sounds like a cool show. I just can't wait till it comes on in March.

I've watched many Spider-Man cartoons since back in the day, but what I've seen so far, this show looks top notch from the rest I've seen. Spider-Man looking all cool doing his moves, web-slinging, and kicking bad guy butt, what more could you ask for. But what I need to know is what do the villians look like, so far I've only seen what Vulture looks like, and that ain't much. Coming March 1, 2008, I gonna be watchin me some Spider-Man, I'm just psyched just thinkin about it, and I believe and other Spider-Man fans believe that this show will go far(if not better luck the next time).
  • It's called "Spectacular" for a reason, at least based on the trailers for it.

Our friendly, neighborhood wall-crawler is back in an all new series. By what i've seen, it looks to be a great series...in the way of graphic animation that is, the storylines and how they've developed the characters is still a mystery. It seems that some minor characters will have bigger cameos in this series and it also appears that they are keeping Sandman and not replacing him for Hydroman like the '94 series did (that in itself is a plus). March 8th, the day Spidey is reborn on the small screens, hope it's as good or better than his previous series.
  • The new animated Spider Man Series

Let me start by asking where the heck Mary Jane is.

The new Spider Man Animated Series was decent. Good voice acting, music and overall pretty good continuity to the original story. The series starts with our favorite web slinger flashing through the skies of Manhattan, and the pace of the show gets off to a great start.

I love the music for the opening credits, and the series is going to be good, but so far is missing some elements. Did I mention Mary Jane? Um, hello? How do you have Spider Man without Mary Jane? In the series opener our favorite web-slinger approaches a cheerleader named SALLY... What?

Gwen is in the series though, so time will tell if she will be the romantic interest, or if Mary Jane comes later. In addition to Gwen; Harry, Dr. Connor, Flash, and Aunt May are here at least.
  • A re-telling of the classic tale of a shy high school boy bitten by a spider in a freak accident which turns nerd into hero! However, new problems arise as he's forced to balance life as a science geek and fighting baddies with his new abilities.

Right off the bat, it got my attention...and kept it. I have to say that's most likely due to the writing, which is expertly handled. The way the characters were introduced as the storyline developed kept things moving along and I can't express how overjoyed I was that the first episode was not an "origins" story! Ben Parker's already gone but the "responsibility" quote comes in while Spidey's fighting a villain and uses it in the form of a quip! Bloody fantastic. Development of the characters was also helped along by how they related to one another in the first place like how Vulture knows Osborn and how Electro worked for Dr. Conners. My personal favorite little arbitrary bit? The Spidey-light! Total sweetness! The curfew clause is also killer.

Now the one tiny complaint that I wrestled with had to do with the animation. I actually like it quite a bit. It's a decent cross between The Batman and Kim Possible. So, it was fun to watch and the dialog was key in it not coming of too cartoony. But here's my one widdo compwaint: the eyes. Seriously, perfectly round, completely filled-in circles? Reminds me a tad of the way they're done for the chunky DC super heroes action figures directed at the toddler set or the way they'd be done for a kids storybook, which isn't a bad thing in itself but in no way did it seem to match the rest of the animated style. But again, it's one complaint, and the smallest at that. So the deal is, yes, I will definitely be back for more!
  • Disappointing. It would really help if the writers of these shows could be bothered to read the comic. Max Dillon never worked for Connors. Nor did Eddie Brock or Gwen. They also never went to HS with Parker. The show is claustrophobic as a 1 set sitcom.

Disappointing is my 1rst reaction. What is with the eyes? That was my first thought.

The animation is simplistic as is the story line. Did any of the producers or writers ever see the Ditko artwork? If they had they would have a clue to understanding why Sider-Man was such an iconic figure.

I understand that this is aimed at a child audience, but I don't accept that it has to be presented as a children's show. Spider-Man appeals to a much wider audience or could at least if they followed the original comic book formula. Lots of action, Good Guy/Bad Guy Spidey's sense of humour for the younger audience. The pathos, moral dilemmas and complicated sub plots, coming of age stories for the older audience. Most young ones won't get it now but, WOW!, what a treat when they get older and see a whole new show when watching future DVD releases.

It would really help if the writers of these shows could be bothered to read the original comic.

The Peter Parker centric world where all the characters are 1 degree of seperation is absurd. The show is claustrophobic like a 1 set sitcom. This is negates so much of the potential of an animated series that can be expansive and has time to introduce nuanced characters.

The producers/writers by forgetting the original formula have succeeded in creating a generic and forgettable super hero. There is a reason people love Spider-Man and he has endured for half a century. When another remake of Spider-Man is made they will again go to the source and not this.

If this present incarnation had been the original Spider-Man introduced he would have gone maybe 3 seasons and been quickly forgotten. There would be no legion of fans spawning generations.

As a contemporary cartoon I give it a 7. It is definitely better than average, all the more so given the sad state of weekend cartoons.

As a Spider-Man story I am being charitable and give it a 4. It is better than Spider-Man and Friends what ever that thing was. However I am still far more impressed with the 90s animated adaptation that went for some 5 seasons, and was far more deserving of the title 'Spectacular'!
  • He's Back! and this time he's back better then ever in the animated Series, it's The Spectacular Spider-Man! Spider-man is back with a new Look and with a great cast. Now on every Saturday morning.

When I first heard about this new Spider-man cartoon, I was thrill and excited. I counted the days when it would be on. I really enjoy watching this new Spider-man cartoon, I find myself wanting to see more of it. The animation was great, I like the character's look. And I thought the storyline was great. I was thrill to see Gwen Stacey in the show. She's one of my favorite characters. So far as of now two episode already has been seen, Out of the two episode, The Electro Episode has to be my favorite so far. I just can't wait to see more Spider-man episode. I think it'll be worth watching.
  • really great. whoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

i really liked how they didn't start out with Mary Jane as a starting character but with Gwen Stacy. i was really surprised at that. i am positive that she will appear in season 2 or later in season 1. i like how they started the "sandman" as a regular old robber with no powers. very nice. this is gonna be good. i cant wait how they are gonna turn Eddie Brock into venom. better yet, how carnage is going to appear! there are going to be better episodes coming. i can tell. and one more thing whats with peters mole?
  • GREAT!

I didn't think it was going to be this good but it is! I just wish it was on more the villians loook really good if any one likes spider man you will really like this new version of spider man and he's back and better this time. THanks WB for putting on a good show you should be proud of your self. This is now one of my favourite shows now on WB i watch it every Saturday it one of the only shows i watch WB for. Thanks for reading my rewiew and i hope this was helpful to you

from dcelw540
  • The Spectacular Spider-Man is the new WB kid's cartoon, set to start in early 2008. The show will air on the CW network and is the 10th television series about Spiderman.

The series is aimed at kids, but producers say it will also appeal to teens and adults. The Spectacular Spider-Man picks up the original web-slinger's mythology at the beginning of his hero's journey, as a not so typical 16-year-old entering his junior year of high school. Having spent the summer engaging common criminals with his new-found powers, Peter Parker must conceal his secret identity and battle super-villains in the real world. This show is actually pretty good. Its a new spiderman cartoon series which is cool and is unique. Same villains, same characters, same hero but better plot and action. 9/10
  • I'm very impressed with the results

It has the most impressive display of 2d and 3d combination animation. it has the greatest results, the speed, the animation, the sharpness, and the colors. It's complete perfection, I am very impressed with the plot too. The concept art catches my interest because it has the certain hint of perfection and the script went smoothly as the episode rolls on forward. The back ground is also fantastic it is the most colorful tv show I have ever watched, so I decided to give the spectacular spider man a 5 out og five stars. In other words a 10 out of 10. This is another Judgmental review courtesy of axel223.
  • It definetinely lives up to be SPECTACULAR

Peter Parker, the everyday nerd, ends up with powers of a spider. Unlike past shows where the heroes fight a different villian every episode, I admire that there's also a backstory behind it all. I even more admire that it seems that it seems that each episode has morale.

The part I don't get is where's Mary Jane..... I've never heard of a Spider-Man without Mary Jane....but then again...they are probably building to it.

Also....I know some people don't like Spider-Man because it doesn't fully revolve around the comic or the artwork. The Batman was drawn differently but it became a classic; therefore, the same applies towards Spiderman.
  • Good Start!

I think the fist thing that can be said about this iteration is that its probably the closest thing to the original Spider-man cartoon and the classic comic book too in terms of his snappy smart-aleck wisecracks and his terrible bad luck with his personal affairs. Special effects aside I think its even better than the movie versions. Of course there is just one small drawback that they have dumbed him down in his academic side which does not fall in with the original comic book since that was the only area he truly excels. I don't know but there is just something not entirely right with it. Still it won't make me change the channel or enjoy this new style animated version any less. Keep it up, its a good start! My advice to the writers is to stay faithful to the original as much as possible. It was good then, it will be good now.
  • About a 16 year old boy who has two life's a nerd life and a spider man life.

I say it's great for kids it shows a villain every time. I say comedy,animation,and drama. you might have to wake up earlier than usually but i say it's worth it.it has a couple of new characters some are main.On the episode Market Forces Aunt May announced Mary Jane Watson but never appeared.Right when Peter heard her say"She has a great personality." he didn't like her.he also has a friend named Stacey.I can't believe it but Instead of a jock Eddie Brock is peter's friend.new jock new crush just another life of a 16 year old boy. that's my review.
  • In a world full of generic, cheap cartoons, this show shines out as a fresh look at a tough franchise to do

When i heard about this show i was so freakin excited. for a show that did so well in theaters, it deserved its own kick but show that would surpass even the 90's version. now dont get me wrong, 90's spider-man is an untouchable classic, but you have to admit that it is a little dated. its good to have a fresh new look at spider-man where other shows like "The Batman" have shined I had my doubts, however, when i heard about this. I was pretty worried that this show would regurgitate the same old story we've all heard our whole lives unless ur in ur 50's. THankfully, the writers of this show have done an outstanding job so far. they've recycled ample material from past spider-man worlds and have added plenty of exciting new twists to make it fresh. for example, the high school concept is one that was only used by Ultimate, so it makes sense that they would use this in the tv version. also, they've added wayyy more depth and connections to all of the characters, especially the villains. the way they are leading up to mary jane is also a great way to handle her character in a new and different way. i love how there is a head villain who is manipulating everything and i definitely love the animation. the fight scenes are fantastic, the plot flow is entertaining, and the overall sotries are simple yet they provide alot of character development. i love how peter learns something thats hard to learn in every story without it getting too aesop. overall this is a fantastic show that will generate alot of attention. my only two complaints are the round eyes that make everyone look stupid and harry's voice. he sounds like hes 5 years old. not cool
  • Marvel's way of saying "Sorry for "One More Day'" to its fans.

Okay, when the editor at Marvel published One More Day, they kind of kick a lot of the SPider-Man fans right in their pants, ruinng everything that our favorite web-head stands for. I can't even look at Spidey the same way again (unless they recton it. Oh, please recton it!) But then they aired this show a few months later, showing Spider-Man at his Basic roots in the comics, like being a High Schooler and hanging out with Gwen Stacey.

All the episodes have the basic Tv-special themes that Spider-Man started out in comics, which is great for all. The art work and character designs are cool and unique, stuff we hadn't seen since Batman: The Animated series. The show is fun for all.
  • Basically the beginning years of our friendly neighborhood spiderman.

i really like this series especially because its much more accurate to the original spiderman storyline of the comics than the movies. I just hope that it will stay this way and not overdoo it like the spiderman cartoons of the '70s and '90s. Even though this is an animated series, it is still enjoyable to an older crowd as well, including my 22 year old self. However, i do hope that this series gets a little " darker " as did the comics. The animation in my opinion is really good depicting peter as a high school kid in todays age. Overall i would give this series a 9.0.
  • really great show

This is the best spiderman show i have watched. The stories are very interesting, and pretty much all of the villain's costumes have been reimagined for the better. I like this show a lot better then the 90's spiderman because, they used animation that was new and interesting while the 90's show was fairly bland animation wise and didnt bring anything new to the table. All and all a superb show that surprises you every week and with bender voicing sandman, how could you miss this show. This show has the potential to last a long time, and as long as the stories and animation remain up to par, i will continue watching it
  • Survival of the Fitest: Great episode to pick up Spider Man's school year and start show : Only problem with Shocker is his secret I denity.

It's a great to me for two reasons: I love Spider-Man, and two, it funny and entertaining. It hold on to the Ultimate Spider-Man orgins just without the violence and gore. The is the best thing on television. Just wish it was on comcast because kids wb isn't on comcast so I have to watch it on you tube. I rate as a great show for everyone. I also can't wait until some more classic and modern villians come because to tell the truth, I had never heard about Tobestone until the last episode. I also want to see how Peter and Eddie's friendship ends and Brock becomes Venom.

Overmaster192
  • A Spectacular series!

Finally, a Spider-Man show the fans have been waiting for.

This show seems to capture the true essence of Spider-Man. This series takes place during Peter's junior year in high school, about a couple of months after Peter Parker was bitten by the radioactive spider and became Spider-Man. All he's fought are just common crooks, thugs and thieves. But now Spider-Man has to take on his classic rogue gallery such as the Vulture, Lizard, Electro, Green Goblin, etc. The action sequences are amazing. I love the way that Spider-Man swings from web to web. Lets not forget about the fight scenes between his adversaries. The battle sequences are cool! Spider-Man actually gets to throw a punch and kick at his enemies! It's fun to watch Spider-Man fight and dodge his enemies.

But The Spectacular Spider-Man isn't just Spider-Man's show. Peter Parker gets just the same amount of screen time as his heroic counterpart. This show cleverly intertwines Spider-Man's inner struggles with Peter Parker's own troubles in his social life. And the people in his life are just as great as the webslinger himself. Though Harry Osborne and Gwen Stacy met Peter in college in the comics, here they are his best friends in high school. Here, Harry is Peter's dorky best friend while Gwen is Peter's gal-pal who has an unrequited crush on him. Aunt May is a little more modern and less naive and J. Jonah Jameson is the same loudmouth editor-in-chief. If you are a Spider-Man fan, give this show a chance. You'll feel like you're watching a comic book playing in front of you. Plus, Greg Weisman, the creator of Gargoyles, was involved in this show. Anything by Greg is bound to be spectacular.
  • SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is GREAT! I really like the styles of the characters and that they give them slightly different looks than their comic counterparts. The action is fast-paced and smooth. They have a lot of hilarious parts in the show. Spider-man has the funniest sayings and comebacks.

They picked really good voice actors for the show. everyone sounds great. They look like they are going to take this show deep into the comics. I've seen some characters that will have some part in the show later. I also like there is a backstory to every episode and most of the time continues to the next until it's the main story for the episode. great show!!
  • It was able to trump the early 90's version

Its been over 10 years since we have had a decent spiderman cartoon (yeah Im looking at you Spiderman on MTV...you sucked) Since the ending of Spiderman and then the short lived Spiderman Unlimited, its nice to see a spiderman cartoon worth watching and wanting more of it. From the artwork to the fluid motion, to the staying true to its roots while but yet making it better, it is all great. It would be nice to keep it on long enough to go through majore comic events; i.e civil war, one more day, etc. Lets hope this continues and keeps providing better than excellent cartoon viewing Spiderman FTW!!!
  • Spectacular episode with a spectacular ending.

7.6
    This episode was nice and well plotted. First off it was nice to see why Hammerhead is called "Hammerhead". I also liked how the "properly" introduced the black symbiote with the spaceship, unlike the shooting star scene from the Spider-man 3 movie. We all knew that Norman and Harry were both the green goblin, but the studio did a great job of making us decided on which on. What i also liked about this episode was that Norman proved that he's not always the neglectful father towards Harry. Now that Harry was the Green Goblin, it's Norman's turn. I hope that he has a new costume which is similar to the movie and the comics.
  • The spectacular adventures of Peter Parker, aka Spiderman.

After watching the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies, I went on a binge, buying up and reading all of the Spiderman comics that I could find on the Internet. I came to the conclusion that the movies get close to, but don't completely capture, the flavor of the comics. This series, however, is a perfect adaptation of the comics. It makes a few tweaks here and there, and it updates the concept (which is a great thing since Spiderman comics premiered in the Sixties as nearly as I can determine) but the spirit of Spiderman, as developed by his original creators, is on full display here. I love the animation and the voice-work, the writing has snap, there's action and comedy, and the episodes build upon one another, just like the issues of a comic.
  • The latest version of the classic tale is just as 'spectacular' as any of the previous versions.

Spider-Man has had numerous television series over the years, probably the most out of any superhero, and this latest one just goes to show that our friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man will never get old.
    For this show, they've made Spidey slightly younger than previous incarnations, and moved around the positions of some of the characters as a result (for example, Eddie Brock never worked for Dr. Connors), but that's not necessarily a bad thing. For a start, the younger Spidey appeals to a younger audience, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it also gives the series originality, something to separate it from previous versions.
    As for the show itself, it's nothing short of amazing. As to be expected from Spider-Man, the one-liners are brilliant. The cheesy dialogue isn't cringe-worthy at all, it's actually funny. The plot is almost identical to previous versions, with slight alterations, and we all know how good the previous versions were. Even the theme song is good, it's nice and catchy.
    Spectacular Spider-Man has succeeded in entertaining Spidey fans of all ages, kids, adults, teens like myself, will all be watching the Spectacular Spider-Man.
  • The best episode of Spetctacular Spider-Man is was awsome i coud wathc this one wan time this episode had fitging and action this is the last episode of season 1 fope than season 2 will be son maiby with cat

the best episode of Spidy i love it is was awsome i lovit nature vs. nurture coll episode you shod see it awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome
  • please tell em where can I download episode 10 and 11?

a lot like the classic very good stories and awesome characters my favs have to be Black-Suit Spiderman and Black Cat which reminds me where can I find their episodes for download? Also the new version of the series also know as Spectacular Spider man is fantastic and a nostalgic trip of the good old cartoons that you can really only watch now in the three hundreds on digital TV. what ever happened to the good stuff why are people making such horrible new things why can they not use more of the good ideas like marvel heroes and things like that.
  • The title of the show says it all

The Spectacular Spider-man is the newest show about Spider-man. This show is based mostly off of the original comics, but has ideas from other Spider-man media such as the Ultimate Spider-man comics and the films by Sam Raimi. All sorts of references are made to other Spider-man universes. This show has all the characters, Liz Allen, Flash, MJ, Gwen, Peter, Jonah, May, Conners, and Eddie Brock and more. The storyline follows up with Peter in his junior high school year and starts to fight supervillains for the first time such as the enforcers, Vulture, Electro, Lizard, Shocker, Sandman, Rhino, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Chameleon, and Venom, and more such as Mysterio, Tinkerer and Kraven in the 2nd season. What makes this show great is that it has taken ideas from all of Spider-man and put them together with some new ideas straight from the makers' heads. The storyline is spectacular, the villains are spectacular, the humor is spectacular, everything is, as the title suggests, spectacular. I do have a few problems, like there are certain things I feel weren't done in a good way, such as how he defeated Venom in the season one finale, and there are a few other things could use some improvement, but these problems are minor at most and overall, this show is spectacular.
  • This Spider-Man show truly IS Spectacular. Easily one of the best superhero shows in many, many years. Great fun and action for young and older fans alike.

This is an awesome show with incredible amounts of potential to make it even better. The simplistic character designs doesn't bother me a bit, and the animation overall is fantastic. Just look at those web-swinging sequences and the action scenes, just beautiful to look at. It's also really dark and violent at times, it's refreshing. As you probably know, the 90's Spider-Man show didn't have punching or kicking and stuff like that. Awesomely creepy transformation scenes do appear in a ouple of episodes. I'm a complete sucker for awesome transformations. The writing is great as well. The voice acting is nice overall, with only a minor annoyance with Harry Osborn's voice. Peter Parker, or Spider-Man is very chatty. Perhaps a little too much sometimes. MJ also appears later on, she looks good but does she have to say "tiger" every freakin' time she talks to Peter? It's a really minor annoying detail and doesn't ruin this show a bit at all. Gwen Stacy may be my favorite character. She's just so sweet and loveable. I always enjoy a good death scene in a cartoon, but I actually hope they don't kill her off. Rather MJ than her. Anyway, I love this show and it's exactly what I need now as "The Batman" is cancelled(one season overdue, I think). "The Spectacular Spider-Man" is an incredibly entertaining superhero series with amazing action scenes, only rivaled by the ones in "Transformers Animated"(My favorite show). I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it, and if you like Spider-Man or awesome superhero shows, you should too. Hopefully we'll see at least one more season, this whole "KidsWB to shut down" is confusing.
< 1 2 3