The Spectacular Spider-Man

Disney XD (ended 2009)

JusticeLeaguer

The Spectacular Spider-Man Fan Reviews (66)

• I grew up with the 90's version, but this, oh man, this is so much better. The writing, the action, the voice acting and the story! Oh boy it's great. Especially if you watch it in HD.

I recently started following this series on Disney XD, I've seen a handful of episodes and man it's pretty good. The show focuses on the adventures of Spiderman/Peter Parker and his daily ordeals as he deals with High School. Some of the issues Peter faces include trying to help his Aunt pay the bills, trying to maintain a friendship with Gwen Stacey, and Eddie Brock, while trying to help his friend Harry who has a strained relationship with his father, and not to mention battle a bunch of tough enemies. The show is very well written, and the action sequences are just incredible. They aren't lazy, and the voice acting is superb. I actually like this version better then the 90's version which I thought was a bit to hokey and cheesy at some parts, and not to mention he couldn't really do any fighting in that version. In this version he is able to use all of his abilities. I hope this series keeps going because it's so entertaining.
CW