The Starter Wife Forums

USA (ended 2008)

General Discussion Thread

Angel200489

[1]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 46
    Welcome, to the General Discussion Thread. Here you can talk about anything that is related to The Starter Wife, like the characters, what you think will happen in the series, etc.

If you think that is a good idea to create a thread to discuss each episode, please state so. Thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TesserT

[2]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 74
    Roush Review Oct 1st

How's the redo? TV Guide Matt Roush talks about the Oct 10th upcoming season "USA Network has molded its beach-book miniseries The Starter Wife into a weekly page-turner...predictable but agreeable comedy-soap...less heavy-handed than the starter miniseries...elaborate movie-parody fantasies." He scores it a 6.

sbhinyo

[3]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    I'm excited to see this show, I really loved the mini series.

juan137946

[4]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    its pretty good

TesserT

[6]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 74
    tvbythenumbers

Starter Wife series 2-hr premiere had 2.6 million viewers.

ilovemyDVR

[7]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    I was nervous they couldn't recapture the magic of last summer's miniseries, which I loved. But I have to admit I've been really pleasantly surprised and am once again totally in love with Molly Kagan.

Also, I'm happy they are developing Joan and Rodney more this season, especially with Rodney's "DL" boyfriend and Joan's "open" marriage.

And, more importantly, who do you think they are going to pair MOlly with next?

miss_vanity6

[8]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 4
    completely disagree. i the show sucks now and i LOVED it, especially since i wanted to see debra messing in another show after will and grace cuz she's amazing. i stopped watching. first where is cricket?! why is there a different guy playing her husband?! y do the dream sequences suck now?! and where are her 2 main love interests?! its a completely different show. no one from the original is here. now y would fans who watched the show and obviously it had high enough ratings to become a full on show and not a mini series want to see something completely different. those were like basic elements of the show. it was terrible and completely disappointing
    Edited on 10/27/2008 11:23pm

tennisrobe26

[9]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 22
    love the show

ilovemyDVR

[10]Nov 3, 2008
    What do you think about Molly and Zack?

I'm not convinced they are meant to be together, but I'm glad she has a nice new boyfriend.

lillyland

[11]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 8

What the heck is going on? They got rid of almost the entire cast from the miniseries. At first I was excited to see the actor who played her love interest GONE since he was such a crummy actor - that is until he popped up as the lead on True Blood. UUUGGGHHHHHH!!! There's just no getting rid of this dude.

Whose bright idea was it to replace the cast? It's not like the series originals had big movie careers to get back to and would have had scheduling conflicts, I'm sure most of them would have loved to return. Have they never heard the old adage, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"?

ilovemyDVR

[12]Nov 10, 2008
    I like the new cast... I don't think they necessarily had aspirations beyond the miniseries when they did that last summer, so it wasn't like the actors necessarily had open schedules to do a full series?

Regardless, the new cast has really grown on me- and hey- as long as they kept my favorites, Rodney and Joan, I'm happy! They are hysterical and they are really developing them as three dimensional characters this season.

Deborah195

[13]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 6
    I love this show and looked forward to Friday mornings for the reruns and then Friday night! I'm so glad Debra has been nominated for a SAG award for her portrayal of Molly Kagen (sp?). Good luck Debra! I'll be rooting for you, like I have done every week