The Steve Wilkos Show

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 10, 2007 In Season

The Steve Wilkos Show Fan Reviews page 3 of 8

7.8
  • It's not the worst show on TV, but it's among them for sure.

I do have to give it the fact that it's better than Jerry Springer. In fact, anything is better than Springer. This show is still garbage, though, and that's being polite.

Steve throws chairs. This is a major safety concern for everybody on the stage and sometimes in the crowd. What if it hit someone? Would he be doing it then? The sad part is he just might be. Once on an older episode, he threw it directly at someone's head. It just barely missed him. What if it actually did hit him? I'm not defending the guest because he was a big S.O.B., but two wrongs don't make a right. On top of that, he tells his guests (and on rare occasions, the crowd) to "grow up" and to "stop acting like a kid". If he wants childish behavior, he should look in a mirror.

He tells guests to "stop swearing", yet he swears himself (this can be seen on a lot of episodes). He even tells people to shut up! While most of the time the guests deserve it, two wrongs don't make a right. The point is that he does anything himself that he tells his guests not to do.

He brags about being a former police officer. If he wants to help people in bad times, he should still be one.

He offers guests help. If anybody needs help, it should be Steve himself. All Steve does is make himself worse than the guests.

There are times when the show can be OK (none of the above is in it). But even though there are some good episodes out there, they're outnumbered by the long list of bad episodes. Edit 5-25-12: I gave the show another chance. It doesn't deserve it. He interrupted a woman to tell her to "stop swearing" in the middle of her story. Newsflash Steve, a woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one. The show is still complete garbage, even worse than Jeremy Kyle. I'm ashamed to even say I've watched this show.
  • Steve is the best

i really wish there were more men like steve . your wife is a verry luckey lady i love the show
  • Diane31

Hi Steve! I love the show and I watch every day. I am from Qubec and I speak French and I have to be very concentrated to understand. It is the only show which I find done well and respectful of the persons. But I am surprised to see so many people agreeing to expose themself to the TV, all more when they are guilty. I want to do a comment about the show I watch today, friday 24-02-2012. At the beginning, you receive a father and a mother of a young girl, Chris and Beth. .I haven't doubt, he certainly physically abused his newborn baby but I also think that the woman had abused too. Regrettably, you did not test her so he was the only culprit. I am sure that she is also guilty that him. Once again, congratulations to all the team for your good work.
  • TAKING OUT THE TRASH

Hey steve I absolutly loveyour show I don't miss it for anything my doc apts I schedule accordingly so I don't miss it I love how you can point out a piece of garbarge before they even talk my husband tells me its only a show but that's cuz he is a true man and can't stand garbage like you can't stand it but if for one moment I had the oppetunity to come on your show an be in the audience I would be there with my happy bells on....YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!!!!!
  • I LOVEEEEEEEE your show hope you READ THIS one day & everybody that's negative about this is probably b/c they either been on it or need to!

Hey Steve!!!!!! First off I'm 16 yr old girl in south Carolina and I love your show! I know alot of ppl say they love your show but I really look up to you! So think your a ex marine & cop . And I'm in ROTC and want to go in the coast guard and b a cop. But your show inspires me soooooo much ppl say u need to b easy & stop yellin at ppl & I say yell more bc seein most ppl on all tha shows makes me wanna jump threw tha tv! So think someone needs to let tha bad ppl know that it's wrong to do what they do so I say YELL MORE! & I'd sling more than a chair on tha show so u do better than me but just so you know I love your show & look up to you alot & watch it EVERYDAY! & hope to b like you when I get outta coast guard & become a cop :D
  • 20 yr. olds having sex with 12 yr olds.

I'd like to know what states these people are from where this type of behavior is acceptable?
  • LOVE THE SHOW

All I have to say is I love the show. I have been watching since day one. If you don't like the show don't watch it. Steve Wilkos is sexy and honest.
  • love the show

hi steve we live in England and we love your show we try not to miss it. We watched one today 21/6/011 where there was a jerk who is keeping his girlfriend locked in there home does not let her go to school and also not been aloud to see her own family i wish i was her mother i would of bounced straight outside I think he was Mexican not too sure.He would smash the tv if she was not good the night b efore he made my blood boil I do not know how you keep your hand,s off them.we also love Jerry as well It,s good to see female security they do a good job so do the lad,s anyway back to your show we give you a 5 star award keep up the good work can.t wait to see the next one. We would love a couple of t-shirts (medium) and (large) would it also be possible to have a signed picture. thanks Tracey &Ian leach.
  • This show is by far, the dumbest talk show I've ever seen!!!

For some man claiming that he used to be a cop, why isn't he having some of those guests who are abusers and child molesters arrested? And him using only a polygraph test to prove whether or not someone did abuse or molest their kids is such a joke. Has he not ever heard of semen samples and testing for marks on the victim's bodies? And those episodes, where a parent tells Steve something like "My 1 or 2 year old daughter told me that daddy touched her down there" are beyond far-fetched and unrealistic. How could toddlers that age actually say that when they can barely talk? And on top of all that, when an episode has a parent accusing the other of molesting or abusing their young kids, why are the kids not on the show to tell their side of the story as proof? He is such a moron he doesn't know that polygraph tests aren't always right and nothing in this world is always 100% accurate
  • where are the new shows please ?

Iam trying to find out where and when the new show starts because all i'm getting is repeats!! The show that is advertised in the channel guide for verizon fios is not the one i get when i turn on my t.v. it's all repeats ,whats happening people?

Jerri (very mifft) xx

• in the land of the free home of the brave we are now USING laws to FORCE people to do things ??????????????????

I for one think domestic violence is ranks right up there in violent crimes that doesnt have enough punishment on it

HOWEVER the using of law to FORCE someone to do something that COULD put them in harms way I dont like

true there are shelters for domestic abuse BUT have you ever reviewed them they are over crowded and unable to deal with the problems that the families bring into them

this is another one of the cases where the law falls well short of giving the victim the care and comfort they need

because the police are forbidden to be proactive they cannt do anything until someone gets hurt

the laws concerning stalking and domestic violence and child welfare in those cases need changed and instead of a bandage type of a law something that realy works

needless to say how disappointed I was when I heard you say FORCE them to do something

• Steve is an egotistical, arrogant,wanna-be tough guy piece of S**t.He promotes hate and anger and violence. He's a joke.

Steve does shows about violence and abuse, but yet portrays the same violence and abuse he's talking about. He is such a good dad and doesn't believe in yelling, hitting, or verbal abuse of any kind, but completely acts like he's the one on stage who's hateful, angry, and violent. Wonder how he treats his family, hopefully not they way he treats his guests. Theres no need to get in peoples faces, call them names, and threaten them. I hate his show more than satan himself. You, Steve are the biggest as**ole I have Ever seen in my life, and if I was ever on your show and you put words in my mouth, the way you do with all your guests, and even thought about treating me the way you do, I wouldnt walk away, or cry, I would beat your stupid As* and treat YOU like the BIT** you are. Do everyone a favor and end your show, you are just as out there as Jerry, where do you find these people for your stupid show? I hope one day that a guest does beat your as* and hopefully teach you a leason on how to treat and talk to people. You act like you never made a mistake in your pathetic, sad, life.Look in the mirrior, you are no different than your guests. You advertise nothing but hate and violence. You arent helping anyone, only you and your wallet by exploiting hate. You are as FAKE as it gets.
  • another moronic show just like jerry springer you get jackasses who just want to be on tv. a host that thinks hes a drill seargent. take just another jerry springer show with a few less hillbillys and rednecks.get this show off the air

1.5
    omg gimme a break if people really like this macho in your face moron they need their head examined. its a talk show but he feels the need to yell and belittle people. and then says get off my stage lol. if they all left he'd have no show. they need to get this jerry springer wanna be off the air. he thinks he an expert on every subject thats discussed. but frankly he just makes me sick. steve go back to work on jerry so no one ever has to hear you yell and scream like a jackass again
  • Absoloutely Terrible

How can you watch this abysmal excuse for a show. This man is nothing but a bully and should NOT be allowed to be on TV let alone have his own show. The broadcaster must have been desperate to give this low life a chance. I'm not sure who he thinks he is but he has absoloutely no right to speak to anyone the way he does, he is not superior to anyone. I have NEVER been so angry watching a TV programme in my life. He should maybe think of getting off that high horse of his and helping someone once in a while. And for anyone who watches this programme and enjoys it, you should all be ashamed. I shall be contacting a British regulator for UK communications industries and making a formal complaint because there is no place for a show of such dreadful calibre on decent TV. There are some bad programmes but this one just takes the biscuit. By the way my score is incorrect, I give this show a ZERO, nothing. It would not let me submit unless I have a score, so I VERY reluctantly did.
  • Get this terrible show off the air. People ask Steve for help and he is terrible to them! Springer should be ashamed! Get a real show!

I watched the August 3rd show--about a crack mom.
    I agree she is not a good mom but she was there asking for help and Steve treated her horrible.
    Steve forgets he was nothing till moron Springer gave him a show.
    Steve also needs to look long and hard into a mirror.
    He is fat--ugly and bald!
    Duh!
    His audience is the same white trash--idiots- as Springer.
    It is really sad to see how low the network will go for a show.
    They must be desperate.
    I bet the next new show will be a fat-ugly woman **** about her cat or her awful dead husband.
    Couldn't be any worse.
    This show is terrible and a joke.
    One word to Steve--
    RETIRE
  • Point Blank; What is Steve Wilkos doing? I think that he has an arrogant attitude and he also thinks he's invincible. It seems that his strategy for reforming deadbeats, abusive individuals, etc., is not so effective. Steve needs anger management himself.

I watched Steve Wilkos tonight. I listened to him talk to someone about not having their firstborn child, however, having three more; his comment was there is "no excuse" not to have any of your children. I felt that this statement was absurd and immature in nature. Steve seems to have some issues of his own that he may need to seek help about instead of subjecting others to his mishaps of bullying and all else that went wrong in his life. Examine your own life Steve before you try to give advice to others. You could damge other lives. Your show is Garbage!
  • The Steve Wilkos Show is hosted by the former director of security of The Jerry Springer Show. The show debuted on September 10, 2007.

4.2
    The show has Steve expanding on his successful "Steve To The Rescue" shows that he did while serving as a substitute for Jerry Springer whenever he took breaks, or was doing other projects.
    The shows he hosted proved to be so popular with viewers that the producers of Jerry Springer pitched the idea to NBC Universal to give Steve his own show. In July 2007, Steve left Jerry Springer to start focusing on his own show.
    I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of the Jerry Springer show, however, I do watch it from time to time and have been familiar with Steve Wilkos for a while. On the Jerry Springer show he seemed like such a great, cool guy. Kind of a knight in shining armor. On his own show he's a comes off as a complete Neanderthal. He name calls, throws chairs, and half the time doesn't listen to one word anyone has to say. Not only does he yell at the abusers (which I have no problem with, most of the time they deserve it) but he also berates the victims when they didn't do what Steve believes he would have done in the same situation.
    At the end of the show he reads viewer mail, If he agrees with your email, you get a free Tee shirt.
    If he disagrees, you get a ration of his crap...Err, I mean advice.
  • Hi I hope I am writting to the write place I watched Feb 17 show and it touched my heart.

Dear Steve I watched the Feb 17 show and it touched my heart. I have a friend that has an out of control 13 year old boy .He does drugs sells drugs and now getting in trouble in school for selling, Kathy ( my friend ) thinks he is being threated by who ever gives him the pot.So she has tried some things but it doesn't work. I was hoping to get help for Kathy's family she also has a 15 year old son some what in trouble to. Please help. Thank you Michele Doman
  • I love your show.

Hey Steve,
    My name is Anita Flores and I live in Rancho cucamonga, CA. And I watch your show on KTLA which airs everyday at 11:00am every morning. I just finished watching your show about sarah and jared, and I was discusted with that guy who beat on his wife having been in that similar situation for many years when I was married to my ex husband. I like sara was told to stick by your man. But God saw fit to remove me from that life I endured for so many years and never look back. I am so grateful for your show because there are so many people in similar circumstances and do not have a voice to speak for them hear on earth. well for those who dont know God. I am sure glad there is Steve Wilkos. I love your show I watch everyday and your show always has such true life situations. And not all the phoney stuff people like myself dont wanna hear about. I love the fact that you do not sugar coat any situation you are the real deal. God Bless you and keep you always.Keep up the good work. Much success with your show.

Anita Flores
  • Dear Steve I love your show. It's all about real life stories. I watch it every chance that I get.

Steve, I love your show. I try to watch it every day. It's the most realistic show on the air. I have watched many many talk shows and yours is by far the best. I love the way that you try to help the guest that appear on your show. I also love the way that you handel the ones that need to be handled. I like it when you through chairs and will not let the bad people set on your stage. Also like to see you run people off your stage, some people do not deserve to even get to be their anyway.
  • My name is marggie I am jimmys mom we were on the Steve Wilkos show (jimmy becomes a man)

I know It was not easy for my son to confront his father on the show but Steve made it eaiser for him he knew he was protected .Thank you Steve .And your staff was so great to my children please thank them too. God bless you all and the wonderful work you are doing you Help so many and that is a great thing. All the bad guys on your show well I know from being there they desirve a whole lot more then just yelling . But I know you cant kick there butts by law . But you know they do desirve it . Jimmy and I are doing fine by the way . God bless you all.
  • This is NOT the Jerry Springer Show.

There is a special place in my heart for The Steve Wilkos show, and here's why; in the 10 years that I drove a cab,I...unfortunately...made the aquaintence of several of the varieties of human monsters that Wilkos eats for lunch every weekday. Some of them are mentioned in detail in my two books, "Two Fisted Cab Driving Tales", and "Two Fisted Customer Service Tales" (see my profile). Wilkos does more than just exploit the dysfunctionals for fun and profit Like his ex-boss Jerry Springer or Maury Povitch, He confronts them. And he doesn't screw around when he does it. I've had people in my cab that scared me green at times, and have called the police a few times to prevent some of these people from commiting atrocities against their spouses and childeren when I felt it was warrented. There were times when I wished to God I had someone like Wilkos riding shotgun with me on the job. If you hate thugs, perverts and predators as much as I do, Steve Wilkos is your boy.
  • The hard chick who played the "grandmother" and her ex-boyfriend. Her wimpy husband who saw a good thing going and aided her in her deception.

I love this show! The world stops when Steve comes on. My 16 year old son watches everyday and has written "fan" mail to Steve. He has even asked for a Steve Wilkos shirt for Christmas. Believe me, he will get one!

Steve has a level head, basic honesty and expresses the outrage we feel when kids are harmed in any way, women are abused, men are victims, or morality is trashed. He asks the right questions, requires answers and most importantly, doesn't allow dumb excuses! He starts out using logic and, when that is too intelligent for some of his guests, he levels them to the trashy level they are.

He also treats his victims differently than other shows. He questions them! He asks things like "Why do you put up with it?" " How can you possibly love a man that beats you or your child?" "Why are you here if you are going to defend him/her?"

Our only suggestion is that he stop making the "bad" guests stand up. I think they should be put in a childs tiny chair small enough that he/she would be below and more vulnerable to the victims.

Yes! We love Steve!
  • i love this show

i have watched this show so many time and i can relate to alot of the moms that have dead beat dads. i am 18 and have a dead beat baby daddy !!!!! i really wish someone would open my baby daddy's eyes and make him realize that his son is a really awesome kid.

i love this show please bring it back . i would love to come on your show so you could talk some sence in my baby daddy! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! P.S. why did you stop going working on jerry springer ? ?
  • As a child & teen of incest,from not just one family member but several.It is good to see a show get to the bottom of this sick world.It would be so nice to rid the world of these kind of people, but that is just a dream.But I let God take care of them.

Keep up the good work on exposing child molesters and incest. Your a great man. I don't miss your show anymore, even most of the time I am in tears, due to the content, and to hear the questions...why, and the pain in the childrens voices. I just wish, that there was a way to brand
    these people, so that everyone would know to stay away and keep their children away from these type of people. But with people like you standing up and helping these kids, maybe some day, there will be less and less of them in this world. Again,Steve, I applaud you for the great job you do.
    God Bless You.
  • Love your show

Steve, My husband has been disabled due to a back injury. We have been married 30 years and the spark I thought had been lost until he found your show. He taped it 1 day and the only tape player we have is in the bedroom. Now he tapes it every day and after I get home from work, we lay in the bed and watch your show. It has brought back time together and that time alone has given spark back. Now to your show we LOVE IT. I have heard some rotten comments on your show from veiwers.We need more people like you to stand up and bring out the truth and not back down from the scums that live and prey on people. Funny how people can condemn your show, However If they didn't like your show woulded they just change the channel and forget about it, NO! They watch and send rotton comments and I am willing to bet that next day their watching. Keep up the good work exposing scum it is the first way to destroy it.
    Love your show
    Helen from Toledo Ohio
  • steves show is the best

steves show is the best and i love how he gets in there faces and tells them how he fells,and i also love how he shouts at them because sometimes well in these cases it takes all the time 2 shout at them because if u talk 2 them nice then they are going 2 thank it is ok 2 do what they did when its not what they done is wrong and steve lets them know that. steve needed to start this show a long time ago and now he has i hope he gets through to them toshia
  • hello steve i think you are doing a prestine job on you're show.i am a mother of three boys.and i can not imagine any single human being hurting there child.i wish u could just beat the snot out of people that come on youre show.

steve i was wondering what happens to the pigs affter u expose them. do they go to jail? or do they go back in the world where they do not belong? because if i saw one of them on the street or walking around in a store i would so go crazy and then try to hurt them myself.nobody needs to be alive that hurts our children and does not take care of them.i wonder why people dont stop and think."yea i was young ounce and i dont think i would like that to have happend to me ". i mean these people are freaking pigs and so much more.
  • Steve Wilkos: Great Television Troll or Greatest Television Troll? Is he a hero? Or is his ways can be consider of that of an anti-hero? Pure white knight or T.V.'s black knight?

In a politically correct world where speaking about child molestation, rapist, child abuse, drugs, and twisted, cruel people are consider taboo, one man defies such thing. That man is Steve Wilkos.

However, I think the show needs to be canceled. Nobody, including our children needs to hear about how cruel the real world is. No child should learn about those who want to hurt them. If you think children should know what a pedophile or an abuse will do, you are a moron. Yeah, let people tell you that Steve's a buffoon, an mad ape. Let them say that he's a bastard and that he don't really cares about helpin folks our. I mean, Steve Wilkos is more horrible than those who would harm and touch children. Steve Wilkos has such a negative effect on broadcast T.V. Really, do our children need to know about strangers and rapists?

We should tell our children the horrible effects of video games, rather than tellin' them about the monsters that creep around in real life.

T.V. really needs a hero to expose the monsters and creeps out there . .
  • Steve, I love your show.I watch 1/2, in the morning before work and catch the rest on late night.There is nothing more valuable than our children. They will run our country,in the future .

I agree with everything you stad for. Thank you so much for caring. We all appreciate your hard work! You are the only talk show host that as the guts enough to speak your mind. Petifiles should be kept under the prisons for life. I love how you call them monsters, and I agree they are monsters and should all be castrated and never allowed out to hurt anyone else. I can't wait to see season two. Keep up the good work Steve. Hopefully, their will be more people like you that will make our world a safer place. Once again, thank you so much for all you do.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8