A The Strain Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning Summer 2017)

There's nothing scarier than a creepy kid. Nothing. As normal human beings, it's our instinct to avoid doing children harm; in contrast to their grown-up counterparts, it's a lot harder to shoot tiny child monsters with silver bullets, drive wooden stakes through their minuscule hearts, or prevent them from squirming out of our grip while we hold their heads underwater. Those rascals! No good horror project is complete without a pint-sized terror, and in the last week, television has given us not one, but TWO great new entries. 

That got us thinking: Who are television's creepiest kids? Below, we've listed a few of our recent favorites. Share your own—whether from past shows or current ones—in the comments!

New vampire kid Emma from The Strain

The latest addition to the creepy TV kid canon is French-speaking Emma, who boarded a plane from Berlin to New York City in The Strain's series premiere and ended up getting all the lifeforce sucked out of her by some ancient vampire. And at the end of the episode, a pasty, zombie-like kiddo returned to her dad and showed off her new extra eyelids, upping the spook factor by a billion. But that wasn't even the worst part; in her human form, she took up an aisle seat on an international flight! Kids should always sit bitch on planes and leave the legroom for the adults.

Silent, mind-controlling Victor from The Returned

Our second French-speaking child creep is "Victor," a kid who would lose an arm-wrestling match to a chihuahua. But Victor's fright factor doesn't stem from any show of strength, it comes from his dead doll eyes, flat hair, and vacant expressions. Oh, and the fact that he died 35 years ago and may've mind-controlled his neighbor's cats to eat her. We still don't know what this munchkin's deal is, other than keeping us awake at night. 

One-year-old alien-human hybrid Lexie from Falling Skies 

No, Lexie doesn't look like a child, but don't forget that she's only technically like a year old. She could talk only a week after being born, she has alien DNA, and how the hell did that baby grow into that blue-eyed, platinum blond bombshell without access to hair dye or a plastic surgeon? Oh, and did I mention that she's essentially a cult leader who's secretly meeting with the Espheni and wants everyone to lay down their guns and embrace a life of non-violence... yet she's not afraid to use violence to make everyone do just that? Yikes.

Breast-feeding brat Robin Arryn from Game of Thrones 

Giving a kid ultimate power over a kingdom is always a good way to turn him into a creepazoid. When Jon Arryn was murdered, the keys to the Eyrie were placed in the hands of his doofus son Robin, a tween terror who still suckles at his mother's teat. His fascination with the Moon Door is psychotic, and his frequent tantrums are the nightmares of a kingdom whose citizens are undoubtedly troubled by the fact their home is ruled by a pouty child with ADHD. The sooner Littlefinger figures out how to dispatch of this freak, the better.

Bird-murdering roboboy Ethan from Extant 

We've only spent an hour with Ethan so far, but he's already proof that creepy rugrats need not be flesh and blood to give us the heebie-jeebies. When his dad was programming Ethan's synthetic outbursts and rebellious nature, he must have accidentally flipped the crazy switch, too, because Ethan will be the downfall of mankind and King of the Robot Uprising if he doesn't get the ice cream he wants. SCARY!

Who do you think are the creepiest kids on television right now, and what creepy kids from the past still haunt you?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/30/2016

Season 3 : Episode 10

59 Comments
Comments (59)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Seriously, dudes, Carl from TWD had his own "Carl Must Die" cult following. He wins hands down.
(Despite his recent "maturing", I think he still is the 2nd scariest non-zombie on the show, after Carol. Kudos to the writers for a brilliant depiction of how growing up in the post-apocalypse could twist a kid.)
Flag
Lizzy, Lilith, Ethan. Lexie is more annoying than scary. Bill Mumy in Twilight zone. The girl from the Bad seed. Every smart arse kid on network comedies.
Flag
Victor is really creepy!
Flag
The first kid that came to mind was Victor. Easy. It's hard to believe he's acting. I assume he just walks around, creeping out random villages in France.
Flag

Has to be Op

ie from The Andy Griffith Show. Any kid that campy must be psycho!
Flag
The Baby Walkers (Game of Thrones) and look-at-the-flowers Lizzie (The Walking Dead).

....The apocalypse has never been as creepy as what it has done to their children.
Flag
Yeah no creepier kid than Lizzie!
Flag
HELLO MR. RABBIT

Baby Arby from Utopia made my skin crawl 6 inches down my spine... hands down the creepiest TV kid of all time... end this discussion now!

Flag
Since a couple of people mentioned movies, I have to bring up an oldie and favorite of mine. I recently rewatched "The Bad Seed" the other night on tv, and that little girl never fails to give me the creeps. That bad seed plays cruel but innocent looking and manipulative so well.
Flag
Lilith posing as a little girl on Supernatural creeped me out. Come to think of it, nearly all of the kids on SPN are creepy as hell.
Flag
But he didn't kill the bird, he found the poor dead thing like that. :/ I believe him.
Flag
Staff

Flag
Kira Orphan Black
Flag
Honey Boo Boo
then a whole lot of nothing.......
Nadia - Hemlock Grove
Flag
Ethan from Extant.
Flag
Stan Torres on Cougar Town.
Flag
The Empty Child, Doctor Who

Flag
Lizzie - The Walking Dead

Flag
Ding ding ding ding! Winner!
Flag
All kids in 80's sitcoms.
Flag
It has to be Cousin Oliver from 'The Brady Bunch'. Still gives me nightmares.......
Flag

This guy: Robby Rist.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Ethan is the most creepy and also Sophia from TWD was both sad and scary at the same time even though she only appears for a minute.

I have not seen enough of Emma though. She might turn out to be the queen of creepy.
Flag
Archer now has a kid. That's creepy. Who knows, maybe the kid will also turn out to be creepy; a liquor-loving, ass-kicking baby with an active sex life.
Flag
With 'Johnny Bench' hands!
Flag
Nadia from Hemlock Grove (Season 2) ... those evil evil eyes!
Flag
Meh, those are clearly standard issue on Arrakis...
Flag
What about Kira from Orphan Black? She seems to somehow also know some secrets of what is going on, plus she got hit head on by a car with no injuries. Creepy to me.
Flag
Kira is cute.
Flag
Staff
We almost put Kira in here but decided against it seeing as how she's the Messiah
Flag
You have made the right choice not to.
Flag
A bunch of kids singing some creepy off-tune version of Row, row, row your boat in the Teen Wolf season 3B teasers:

Flag
Ethan is an *alleged* bird killer... Thank you very much.

Flag
Staff
Kaitlin and I discussed and decided he definitely did it
Flag

The evil little boy from The Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life".

Flag
He was in 2 episodes, and the movie.
Flag
He was? I had no idea. I thought we was just in that one episode. Thanks for letting me know. :)
Flag
Billy Mumy (the little boy) played two more characters in TTZ, in the episodes: "In Praise of Pip", and "Long Distance Call". The movie, did a sequel to "It's a Good Life", in which Mumy had a cameo. In the 2002 revival series, Mumy reprised his role in another sequel: "It's Still a Good Life", with his real life daughter Liliana Mumy.
Flag
@Wiseguy
Technically correct. But i believe it was a complete rewrite. With the only some the names, and the boy's powers and personality remaining. They gave it an ending, unlike the episode.

So they may of called it, a "reboot" for the movie; but i always saw it as picking up, where the episode left off.
Flag
"It's a Good Life" in the movie was a remake not a sequel. The only sequel was in the 2002 series.
Flag
I saw "It's Still a Good Life" on YouTube today and I look forward to seeing the movie.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag

Madison from Harper's Island was quite creepy.
Flag

Arbe is already scary in the 70's. Utopia

Flag
Love that show!
Flag
The Strain's Emma is creepy as hell and that little boy of Extant too.
Flag

Supernatural's Lilth

Flag
Her and all the kids from the episode The Kids Are Alright episode from season 3 as well.
Flag
The only thing creepier than hearing tortured screams of pain or monstrous and feral howling in a horror sequence is hearing children giggling.
Flag
Staff
This is fact.
Flag
Children make the best creepy characters, especially when singing creepy creepy songs.
Flag
Idk what it is about them that's so creepy. The perversion of innocence is more than disturbing.
Flag
The two little girls from The Shining.
Flag
Just watched A Nightmare on Elm Street and i agree ! :D
Flag
And it had the best use of Johnny Depp to date.
Flag
Watch village of the damned 1995 version now those are some creepy children.
Flag
Yep i remember than one. John Carpenter was the director. Really great choice.. Some creepy children for sure.
Flag
Brick
Flag
The actor who plays him has type IV Osteogenesis Imperfecta, just so you know.
Flag
pretty much 90% kid on tv has some sort of creep factor. that's why most child actor's are secretly minions of Satan or something :p
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Training Day Sunset
    NEW
    CBS