A The Strain Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning August 28, 2016)

After spending months working on our garlic garden, we finally know when we'll need to use it. FX has announced a premiere date for the super-awesome-sounding (we're still waiting for a full trailer) The Strain, a vampire drama from Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse. Previously teased as just a July premiere, we can now officially mark our calendars for July 13 at 10pm. 

But wait, that's a Sunday! FX doesn't program shows on Sundays! It does now, and if you're looking for some behind-the-scenes drama, a Sunday time slot for Cuse's The Strain means the show will go head-to-head with his former Lost partner Damon Lindelof's The Leftovers, which premieres Sunday, June 29 at 10pm. SHOWRUNNER FIIIIGHT! 

FX also announced a return date for The Bridge, the bordertown drama that verged on both greatness and awfulness in its first season. The second season of the cross-cultural crime drama debuts Wednesday, July 9 at 10pm. Hooray for the return of television's best weirdo, Steven Linder! 

New, possibly very orange drama Tyrant, about the son of a Middle Eastern dictator who returns home from the U.S. to turmoil in the Middle East, starts up on Tuesday, June 24 at 10pm. New romantic comedies Married, which stars Nat Faxon and Judy Greer, and You're the Worst, about two self-destructive terrible people who fall in love, will air back-to-back on Thursdays starting July 17 at 10pm. 

And over on FXX, the final season of Wilfred starts answering all the important questions about God and Dog on Wednesday, June 25 at 10pm. 

Here's how everything breaks down:

June 24 at 10pm – Tyrant series premiere (FX)
June 25 at 10pm – Wilfred Season 4 premiere (FXX)
July 9 at 10pm – The Bridge Season 2 premiere (FX)
July 13 at 10pm – The Strain series premiere (FX)
July 17 at 10pm – Married series premiere (FX)
July 17 at 10:30pm – You're the Worst series premiere (FX)

Which show are you most excited for? The Strain? Yeah, me too.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/4/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

45 Comments
Comments (45)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
WHOOP! Wilfred rocks! Just binge watched the first 3 seasons in preparation. I can't wait!!!
Flag
The Strain is what I'm waiting for - I'm a big Del Toro fan, so I'm really excited for this.
Flag
The Bridge , definitely as I am a major fan of both the original and the US versions. Tyrant, just to see how much misguided, ignorant, xenophobic, bigoted,sexist,and other they have thrown to my neck of the woods. I am expecting the worse and will probably be getting it even more than that.
Flag
Sonya Cross is back!!!
Flag
Looking forward to "The Bridge" very much. Hopefully some of the other new shows will have some brilliance to them as well. FX is one of the best networks out there these days.

"Keeping it real, in this unreal world!!"
Flag
"Awfulness"? The Bridge? You're too funny, Mr Surette.
Flag
Wilfred..
Flag
A have been waiting for The Strain out date, so thanks for the news.
I really hope it does not suck, I have been looking forward to it like Christmas when I was a little kid :)

Flag
Wilfred, The Strain and probably The Bridge...Tick!
Tyrant - unless it has Sasha Baron Cohen...Tock!
Flag
Can "The Bridge" improve?? YES!!
Will it? Probably Not!! Story telling will be as uneven as S1..
I'll give the premiere a chance..
Flag
Looking forward to the Strain, hopefully it will be more action orientated vampire drama.

An everyone is putting programms on a Sunday nowadays.
Flag
The Strain will be like Helix crossed with The Walking Dead if they stick to the books.
Flag
I hope it less Helix more Walking Dead.
Flag
Finally a premiere date for The Bridge. Now we need a trailer.
Flag
Married!!
Flag
Looking forward to The Bridge season 2, really enjoyed the first one.
Flag
The Bridge was weirdly interesting... and than the last 2 episodes were just completely stupid and a waste of time. Will not be watching the 2nd season.
Flag
Really loved 'The Strain' trilogy. Hope the show is as awesome as the books!
Flag
Sorry, FX, any new series on Sunday nights breaks my DVR. I hope you are repeating it later in the week.
Flag
Try downloading, no commercials & watch next night!
Flag
Meh, another Vampire soap opera. Prove me wrong FX!
Can't wait for the quirky and bloody return of The Bridge.
Flag
definately not sa vampire soap opera is what i have read is true. These are true horror vampires.
Flag
I'll likely give it the 3 episode test anyway, since so many of my other shows are cancelled. Hope they prove me wrong. Vampires are not perpetual teenagers in love in my universe.
Flag
The vampires from the books are very hive-mind oriented apex predators that are often as feral as they are powerful. No teenagers, no sparkles, no romance. Just sharks on a feeding frenzy with a whole lot of blood in the water.
Flag
I've read all 3 books and this is definitely no Twilight or Vampire Diaries. These are awesome vamps. And they are not your run of the mill vamps that use their teeth to suck the blood out of a person. They have a stinger that comes out of their mouth and latches onto a prey's throat. These vamps are truly feral and there is no lovey dovey romance about them. I can't wait for the show because I want to see how they translate the books to the screen. Awesome!
Flag
Married looks funny. I stopped watching Wilfred after the beginning of season. Has there been or will there be an frickin' answers about why Ryan sees & hears Wilfred like he does, or why Ryan doesn't test his situation & Wilfred sentience & bipedalness, such as getting Wilfred to retrieve something from a high shelf, taking video & pictures of Wilfred to see is Ryan still sees him as a person in a costume, secretly filming Wilfred when Ryan isn't around to see if Wilfred does normal dog things or people things like drinking beer or smoking pot which would leave physical evidence, recording Wilfred talking & playing it back to see if he hears a person or barking, or randomly listening to a recording of Wilfred along with several other dogs barking to see what he hears?
Flag
Vampire Wins
Strain
Penny Dreadful
Dusk Till Dawn

Vampire Fails
Vampire Diaries / The Originals

Flag
Where do True Blood and Being Human fall on this list???
Flag
Beeing Human is somewhere in between fail and win, but True Blood leads the fail list ^^
Flag
to be exactly: everything that contains human-vampire (or other supnernatural spezies) triangle ships is an instant FAIL
Flag
True Blood may be just about the most ridiculous show on TV now, and for the past 5 years, but it is in no way a fail in my book.
Flag
The Strain because of Del Toro.

Tyrant because of Howard Gordon.

Man, these programs can't come sooner. I am already in a programming drought...
Flag
Can't wait for "The Strain".
Flag
Oh look, another vampire series. What is that 5 now? Those other 4 (The Originals, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, and I believe Penny Dreadful) must be awful if you're looking forward to another one.
Flag
True blood is ending this season.
Flag
The Strain or Penny Dreadful are not like the CW-esque Vampire Diaries or The Originals.
Flag
From Dusk Til Dawn als
Flag
I am equally excited for both The Strain and Wilfred.
Flag
I haven't read the book(s) (or is it a GN/comic?) that The Strain is based on but I like FX and those weird/creepy promos have me interested so at the very least I'll check out the Pilot Episode.

I'm also looking forward to Married because I like Faxon and Greer and I think those two together will be pretty funny.
Flag
Has HBO changed the Premiere date for The Leftovers? if you go to the HBO website it says the Premiere date is 'Sunday, June 29th 10pm'
Flag
The original date was 15th. HBO pushed it in late April to the 29th. Tim had not been paying attention I guess :)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members