A The Strain Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning Summer 2015)

FYI DON'T INVITE HIM TO ANY OF YOUR WEDDINGS

... David Bradley, who played Walder Frey in Game of Thrones (or perhaps Argus Filch in Harry Potter is more your style?)has replaced John Hurt as Professor Abraham Setrakian in Guillermo del Toro's new FX series The Strain. Setrakian is a holocaust survivor living in the United States. He now runs a pawn shop in Spanish Harlem and miiight just have the answers to the viral outbreak that is the focus of the series. [FX via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... Man, I really hope the Japanese love NCIS as much as Americans love NCIS, because FOX Japan is attempting to set a new world record for "the longest uninterrupted transmission of a TV series" when it marathons all 234 episodes of the first 10 seasons of NCIS from start to finish. The marathon begins at 11pm on Sunday, December 29 and ends at 5pm on Wednesday, January 8, 2014. Just a heads up Japan, you might want to double check that your DVR settings are on "new episodes only" and not "new and repeat episodes." Unless you have 10 DVRs and reallllllly like DiNozzo, I mean. [CBS via press release]

... WGN America, which will soon be the home of Shane West in period clothing, has partnered with the Weinstein company to produce a Ten Commandments miniseries. It is, naturally, a 10-part series, and will be produced by Bruce Cohen (Silver Linings Playbook). [Deadline]

... Attention ladies (and Tim): Hugh Jackman has been tapped to host TNT's annual holiday special Christmas In Washington! Performing at this year's special are: the Backstreet Boys, Sheryl Crow, Anna Kendrick, Janelle Monáe and Pat Monahan. And of course, nothing says Christmas like Charles Barkley! He'll also appear on the special when it airs Friday, December 20 at 8pm. [TNT via press release]

... Chuck co-creator Chris Fedak is developing the mystery thriller The Woods for Syfy. It centers on young woman who who suffers a lapse in judgement and decides to return to the creepy, wooded mansion her sister disappeared from when they were young. Listen, if my brother disappeared when we were younger, I'd have stolen his Game Boy, poured myself some Kool-Aid, and relaaaaaxed. Just kidding. I'd have been sad ... eventually. But I would never, ever, ever go back to the creepy house he disappeared from. Ever. Guess that's the difference between me and this fictional character. [THR]

... Listen up, twerps. Sundance Channel really, really, really  wants you to watch The Returned. So much so that they're marathon-ing the series four times during the month of December. Four. That means you're going to have to come up with four very good excuses as to why you can't watch it. However, if one of those is, "because dead children are creepy and give me nightmares," then I completely understand that and you're excused. As for the rest of you, please choose from the following marathon dates depending on how much you've already seen:

Sunday, December 1:  Re-airing episodes 1-5 from 3:45pm – 10pm

Sunday, December 8: Re-airing episodes 1-6 from 2:30pm – 10pm

Sunday, December 15: Re-airing episodes 1-7 from 1:15pm – 10pm

Sunday, December 22: Re-airing episodes 1-8 (All of season one) from Noon – 10pm 

[Sundance via press release]

... Did you know A&E was making a Bonnie and Clyde miniseries? Well, it premieres December 8, stars Emile Hirsch, William Hurt, Holly Hunter, Sarah Hyland, and Holliday Grainger. Oh, and and here's a pretty nifty promo for it: 

CASTING NEWS

... Chi McBride has been upgraded to a series regular on Hawaii Five-0. His first appearance as Captain Lou Grover was this past September. Grover heads up the SWAT unit on Oahu. I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to upgrade him. McBride is a baller. BRB off to watch all of Pushing Daisies again. [CBS via press release]

... Odette Annable has booked a recurring gig on Two and a Half Men as a possible love interest for Ashton Kutcher's Walden. She'll make her debut in the January 2 episode. [TV Line]

REQUIRED READING (FOR AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. FANS)

...  Executive producers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen chatted with Collider recently. Some takeaways: they have a pretty solid two-season plan mapped out for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. And Fitz and Simmons were originally based on the Casey Affleck and Scott Caan characters in Ocean's Eleven. [Collider]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/5/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

38 Comments
Follow this Show
Members