A The Strain Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on FX

After several short teasers and one very short trailer, we're finally getting a good look at one of our most anticipated new shows of the summer: FX's The Strain. From the look of the latest trailer—which is a full minute and a half long!—this vampire drama is 75 percent creepy thriller and 100 percent my favorite new show. 

From executive producer Guillermo del Toro, The Strain is based on a trilogy of novels by del Toro and Chuck Hogan that center on a viral outbreak in New York City that looks a hell of a lot like vampirism. And it's not the sissy kind of vampirism, either. No, if you're looking for sparkly, diary-writing vamps with sexy hero hair, you won't find 'em here. 

Did you jump? I totally jumped. 

And dare I say that it's about damn time that vampires were terrifying again? Consider this my break-up letter to the Salvatores, because I am all about The Strain now. 

The Strain premieres Sunday, July 13 on FX. Are you ready?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/28/2016

Season 3 : Episode 1

Next Episode

AIRS ON 9/4/2016

Season 3 : Episode 2

51 Comments
Comments (51)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I loved the book.. I hope I will like this as well.
Flag
Are you kidding? It's FX! That trailer looks like theatre quality stuff. I'm afraid The Strain will be phenomenal.
Flag
Yes, that looks amazing! And so creepy. It makes my skin crawl and I feel all itchy and twitchy. I agree (sorry SyFy); I too am glad that it's on FX.
Flag
I'm happy it's on FX, not Syfy. Helix really started well but, by the end of the season was just ridiculous. I don't think the strain will be a deception. I'm sure it's gonna be on par with other great Fx production. Can't wait.
Flag
Yes, seeing Samwise the Hobbit made me jump too. :)
I so want to see this show.
Flag
I am reading the books just now so I can be all smug and tell everyone that I read the books.
Flag
:) are ''song of fire and ice readers'' really that annoying?
Flag
I have read them all too, and the True Blood series. I try not to be too annoying ;-)
Flag
I'll be doing that soon. Was searching for some book series to read this summer. Guess I found it!
Flag
Haha! Same here. Reading the books now for bragging rights.. SO I can scare'em with spoilers.
Flag
I can out brag you both, I read the books last year. :)
Flag
I read the books when they were first released. Boom :)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
It's got Del Toro linked with it on more than level and so I'm totally hooked on it already. He's my favourite director of all time and so I'm always keen to see his work. The fact that it has the great David Bradley in it, along with Kevin Durand then that's just the icing on the choccy cake for me. :)
Flag
No I did not jump! :) This was not scary at all, this is how it should be :)
Looking forward to this! Looks like a great story.
Flag
Really looking forward to this, even though I'm over in the UK and there is no release date yet. If it's anything like The Strain Books (The Strain, The Fall and The Night Eternal) it should be a great series. The casting looks perfect too. Keeping my fingers crossed wI don't have to wait too long.
Flag
This looks seriously good! Summer TV's going to be exciting!
Flag
We've put up with sissy vampires for too long... It's time to take back the night!!
Flag
lol @ sissy vampires, but also true!
Flag
The trailer reminds me a lot of Fringe's Pilot.
Flag
I think you tv.com people scare too easily. I am interested in this show and love the old style (sort of) vampires that are purely evil and need to be killed. The only thing that makes this concept, not the trailer, scary is that it is a disease that has to do with parasites, something closer to the real world than has been done before for vampires. I know the whole "Blade" thing and disease, but this is much more frightening in that the parasites look similar to ones that really exist in our world. I think I need to track down the books on this one, as well as check out the show.
Flag

Just the other night on TV I saw a man squish another man’s head like an egg. If that didn’t make me “lose my [bleep]” nothing I saw in this trailer will, though as always, YMMV.

Flag
Had to google YMMV, gotta keep up with the cool kids, will use it on my 15 year old son later today for extra XP points \o/
Flag
I googled it right before I read your comment. LOL So many acronyms...
Flag
Meh. After the Alien movies nothing compares. They can make it more gross, but never scarier.
Flag
I fail to see what can ever be scary about a trailer, but I went into this hoping to get frightened. Sadly, this was not in the cards, as scares require tension, which a trailer just doesn't have time to build up. Oh well, I will give the show a shot because...well...it's FX, but I hope there is a scarier mood to the show than we saw here.
Flag
This definitely looks like it could be the next big thing.
Flag
What was that thing at the end of the trailer. Holy f*ck! Don't tell me what it is, if you know, I've been trying to avoid any details regarding the plot so I can enjoy this better when it airs.
Flag
It's something big and scary... nuff said!! Holy shitballs I'm freaking out and I've read the books dammit!!!!
Flag
It was Edward Cullen in a ratty toga :Spoiler:
Flag
Wow, he got really tall. And put a giant leech to his tongue! Others put earrings, he is staying original! Bravo, Ed! :P
Flag
OK, so I know that I say "awesome", a lot, but this time I mean it...
AWESOME!
And yes, it's about time we had some fucking scary vampires on TV again.
I like the version of vampires that Penny Dreadful is very, VERY slowly drip-feeding us but it isn't enough. Roll on July 13th!

PS, I'm so happy this video wasn't restricted to the US!
Flag
I CAN'T WAIT!
Flag
You had me at del Toro. The man knows creepy and this seems to have a Mimic, Devil's Backbone mixed with The Andromeda Strain feel.

I'm all in!
Flag
I'll give this a shot.
Flag
looks stupid we dont need another stupid vamp show
Flag
u should speak for yourself
Flag
Let the audience decide that. ^_^ The Strain is so fresh with its horror and sci-fi elements. And Guillermo is the Master of Horror. It was high time he gave us his version of vamps on the small screen. However, I believe the ones who read the book shouldn't reveal that they are vampires. I am sure we won't hear the word "vampire" until the end of 1st season or the beginning of the 2nd one. This could be a mystery show as well.
Flag
Shut up Meg
Flag
I'm definitely going to steal this!
Flag
Meg eat your salad!
Flag
My hair's in the pie @zsandman. And now, it's inside of you. Part of me, is inside of you, @zsandman. Do you feel me, @zsandman? Do feel me inside of you?
Flag
Have at it:)
Flag
Have a cookie. You'll feel better.
Flag
I am intrigued by this (basically, I became sick of dreamy vampires awhile ago thought I still watch TVD and the Originals but honestly forget that is what they are). I started enjoying the alien (as in not human)/scary vampire again with Robyn McKinley's "Sunshine" and yes, I know Con is on the good side (relatively so), but Rae isn't exactly human herself and she acknowledges they are weird and then I lost interest in vampire stories altogether until The Passage (and yes, I know, I know, they aren't vampires) in favor of, well, werewolves first and then usually magic, the fae and science fiction. But, I must say, I am hoping this is actually scary and not just, well, a summer version of Helix for me (those initial commercials were super creepy and while there were gross outs there and I will be joining the journey to France or wherever, WTF is going on there, I mean, the network doesn't even seem to know).
Flag
I've read the books and I can't wait to see the show. It's scary as hell, smart as hell and after watching the lead actor Corey Stoll in season one of House Of Cards I'll watch him in anything.
Flag
I hear from a lot of the book readers and it is getting my hopes up (though it sounds like it has a typical series ending problem that no one hated but it just didn't sit well).
Flag
I'm liking the look of this
Flag
It looks great. What did you jump at?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members