A The Strain Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning August 28, 2016)

You've already seen worms crawling into eyeballs, pimp canes crushing candy, and a bunch of other creepy teasers, but now we've finally got an honest-to-goodness trailer for FX's highly anticipated vampire drama The Strain. And it's totally scary! 

Get ready for all kinds of ooky stuff, including a blacklit CDC visit to an airplane full of corpses, bodies that aren't quite dead, and jarred organs that seemingly have a mind of their own. But the most frightening thing might be the actor who plays Game of Thrones' Walder Frey trying to get on our good side by giving us advice on how to stop this pathogen that's threatening humanity. Nice try, Walder Frey, but I'm not buying it. 

If you need me, I will be hiding under my couch!

The Strain premieres July 13 on FX.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/4/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

39 Comments
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
No pee from me, good trailer though.
Flag
Well if I was on the fence I'm not anymore see you all in July.
Flag
Still looking good, FX do TV well.
Flag
Looks good...for sure 4 episode test worthy!!
Flag
That looks great...! It will "sweeten" the time until "Helix'" proceeds. Gore, entertainment and a good scare, what else do we need?
Flag
That opening scene with the plane was very reminiscent of the Fringe pilot...
Flag
OK survival tip, Whatever Walder Frey tells you not listen!
Flag
Walder Frey is now Abraham Setrakian, you should REALLY, REALLY listen to what HE tells you!
Flag
FX seems to have an endless supply of talent in their arsenal.
Flag
Yep, that looks awesome!
Flag
Ahhhh I can't wait! I'm so excited for this to start!!!
Flag
It definitely looks like the next big thing.
Flag
i can finally be one of 'those people' who say I've read the books' but damn i am STILL looking forward to this...
Flag
Interesting....
Flag
Is it just me, or does this trailer look suspiciously like the pilot episode from Fringe???
Flag
I know right, that dead people on a plane is a total ripp off . I'm still excited for the show, though.
Flag
I'm not sure yet. I'm not really into gore. And when something gross happened in Fringe, it was okay because there was a larger plot happening. But I believe this show is just to get you crazy scared? From what I've heard about the books anyways...
Flag
Well, the book starts that way. But I do think fringe did it first
Flag
Hard to say, Fringe aired in mid-2008, The Strain novel first came out in mid-2009, but there's no telling how long production and development may go back on either concept.
Flag
I'm sorry; I'll wait for Helix to come back

Flag
I'm waiting for Helix too. But this is going to be a lot better. Helix was one of those "its so bad its good" type of shows.
Flag
I liked Helix; I didn't think it was as bad as some of the tv.com reviews, some episodes where boring but the series as a whole was an overall success for me, This trailer does nothing for me and the shows with this formula are growing, so soon they will burn out. I will give the first episode a try and see if I like it; but I have very low expectations.
Flag
Staff
I couldnt stick with it. Enjoy, I guess
Flag
I do sort of keep wondering if there is a lot of cross over between this and the Twelve novels (and could that be the reason there has been two full years between book two and three).
Flag
I'm confused, the Strain Trilogy is all out and have been for a few years now. The story has a pretty definitive ending (that I hope they rewrite a bit personally).
Flag
Sorry, what I am saying is I actually know the Strain trilogy has been out for awhile, but I have never read it. What I have seen, however, looks a lot like parts of another book series I read that I have been waiting on the end (at the end of the book actually called the Twelve, I feel like we are heading in a totally different direction and the early parts of the Passage which is the first book seem a lot different, but there is this whole section in the Twelve where the disease (or whatever) actually gets into the public and the ensuing collapse of society as people were trying to hide and get away from the...well, virals is what they are called in the book. Which eventually leads to the society we spent most of the first book with.
Flag
Ah I see now, I wikied The Twelve. There are some similarities, but The Twelve sounds more similar to I Am Legend in how it deals with the "vampirism" virus. I don't want to spoil The Strain for non-readers, but things take quite a left turn from a purely biological vector into something more.... supernatural.
Flag
Oooh I loved The Passage and The Twelve, only have to wait until October for City of Mirrors. Looking forward to The Strain on the tellybox though!
Flag
Yeah, that is how I am feeling too. I have been aware of City of Mirrors release date for far too long so it seems forever away (I had tried to reread The Passage, which I think I have done twice now, but I am not super keen on rereading The Twelve, basically because of Alicia and what happens to her, I'm just not sure I can take that again). So, I am holding off rereading the Twelve until the end of the summer.
Flag
That looks fun.
Flag
Holy Moly, that looks good! Move over Helix, the professionals are here.
Flag
That wouldn't take a lot.
Flag
A couple of guys from the local pub and a couple of white coats would be enough!
Flag
Hey, those guys at the pub and all their white coaty nonsense still don't have Hiroyuki Sanada, so bully to you and your pub-crawling shenanigans!
Flag
LOL!

Fair point my friend, but "pub-crawling shenanigans" still sounds like a lot fun, so long as no one has any rats crawling through their eye sockets.
Flag
The more I hear about this, the more I want to see it.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members