A The Strain Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning July 12th, 2015)

FX announced Tuesday that it's ordered 13 episodes of Guillermo del Toro's new project The Strain, and if I'm being honest, I thought the project already had a series order. Obviously FX would have been silly to pass on it, but now it's official: FX and del Toro are definitely in business together. 

The Strain is a horror/thriller based on a trilogy of novels written by del Toro and author Chuck Hogan about a centuries-old strain of vampirism that appears to have resurfaced in New York City. I haven't read the novels yet myself (or the graphic novels they inspired), but this is a tale spun from the mind of the "Master of Horror," so I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that you probably won't be finding any vampire love triangles in The Strain

del Toro's vision is being ushered to the small screen with the help of Lost's Carlton Cuse, who serves as executive producer and showrunner. House of Cards' Corey Stoll stars as Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease Control's Canary Team in New York City who's called in to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak—the show's central premise. Stoll is joined by a talented cast that includes Mia Maestro (Alias), Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings), Kevin Durand (Lost), Natalie Brown (Being Human), Jonathan Hyde (Titanic), Richard Sammel (Inglourious Basterds), Robert Maillet (Sherlock Holmes), Ben Hyland (House of Cards), Jack Kesy, and Miguel Gomez.

Production begins this month, with a projected premiere date of July 2014.

Will you watch The Strain? Or are you seriously, completely, totally over the entire vampire thing?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/5/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

Next Episode

AIRS ON 7/12/2015

Season 2 : Episode 1

59 Comments
Follow this Show
Members