The Streets of San Francisco (1972)

A Collection of Eagles

Aired Saturday 9:00 PM Feb 01, 1973 on ABC

• Intriguing Story

I thought the storyline was solid, with Stone and Keller investigating the coin collection angle. Belinda Montgomery played her character's (Karen) guilt very well in the scenes, as she was pushed to betray Joseph Cotten's character (John). The storyline kept me invested in the episodes, as the relationships between the character's was a strong point.. Joseph Cotten played his character well, making him likable, and someone the audience could root for. I rate this a very good episode.
  • If all detectives were this smart, there'd be no cold cases. A very unbelievable show with a great "Buddy" ending.

6.9
    This episode has to be the biggest laugher of Season 1. Stone is spot-on with his "guesses" of why Jamie Farr was murdered. Joseph Cotten gives a great performance as a wheelchair bound rich guy. Until he started taking an interest in Karen (Belinda Montgomery) I'd have sworn he was gay.

There are a couple of classic overacting bits in this episode to watch for. John Saxon's slap of Karen and when Tommy received his final insulin shot. Plus, did I catch some sexual tension between Saxon and Tommy towards the beginning of the show? (Maybe since the show was made in 1972, homosexual overtones were pretty vague.)

Stone and Keller just seem to be way too smart in this episode and figure things out way too easily. Charley seems to be a bit militant too...Hari Rhodes seemed to have had a bigger attitude as the lab guy in this episode. John Saxon gives a usual cheezy performance. I'm still stumped as to why Belinda Montgomery had so much make-up on her forehead.

Even with all of this, the final scene is one of my favorites in the series so far. Mike and Steve do a little research on how much a couple of silver dollars are worth.
WZME