The Streets of San Francisco (1972)

A Collection of Eagles

Aired Saturday 9:00 PM Feb 01, 1973 on ABC

• If all detectives were this smart, there'd be no cold cases. A very unbelievable show with a great "Buddy" ending.

6.9
    This episode has to be the biggest laugher of Season 1. Stone is spot-on with his "guesses" of why Jamie Farr was murdered. Joseph Cotten gives a great performance as a wheelchair bound rich guy. Until he started taking an interest in Karen (Belinda Montgomery) I'd have sworn he was gay.

There are a couple of classic overacting bits in this episode to watch for. John Saxon's slap of Karen and when Tommy received his final insulin shot. Plus, did I catch some sexual tension between Saxon and Tommy towards the beginning of the show? (Maybe since the show was made in 1972, homosexual overtones were pretty vague.)

Stone and Keller just seem to be way too smart in this episode and figure things out way too easily. Charley seems to be a bit militant too...Hari Rhodes seemed to have had a bigger attitude as the lab guy in this episode. John Saxon gives a usual cheezy performance. I'm still stumped as to why Belinda Montgomery had so much make-up on her forehead.

Even with all of this, the final scene is one of my favorites in the series so far. Mike and Steve do a little research on how much a couple of silver dollars are worth.