The Suite Life of Zack & Cody Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody Vs Avatar: The Last Airbender

Which is better?

FrigginGodess

[21]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 22
    I kinda like both... but..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

armpitmyhair

[22]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    the shows are completely different plus this a zack and cody board so of couse they won. u need to compare 2 shows that are alike if zack and cody was an action show like avatar, avatar wins. if avatar is comedy, the suite life wins. how about u compare it to another COMEDY show.

PokeSponge123

[23]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    the shows are completely different plus this a zack and cody board so of couse they won. u need to compare 2 shows that are alike if zack and cody was an action show like avatar, avatar wins. if avatar is comedy, the suite life wins. how about u compare it to another COMEDY show.
    Chill, it was a dare, okay? I'm not that stupid, and am aware that they're completely different shows. I have an idea of what to change this into..
    Edited on 10/29/2008 2:09pm

armpitmyhair

[24]Oct 30, 2008
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    Chill, it was a dare, okay? I'm not that stupid, and am aware that they're completely different shows. I have an idea of what to change this into..
    sorry for snapping like that i just hate it when people make completely irrational comparisons with an obvious winner
    Edited on 10/30/2008 2:58pm

nickel2006

[25]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 48
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:

Wow a dare

armpitmyhair

[26]Nov 2, 2008
    nickel2006 wrote:
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    Wow a dare
    lol

legersem

[27]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 20
    These shows are two completely different series with literally nothing in common. I like Suite Life, but Avatar is better hands-down. There is seriously no competition there. Sure, the Suite Life is funny, but it takes a lot more than humor to make a show better than the other one. Throughout the entire series, we never saw Zack or Cody change (as characters, I'm not talking about Dylan and Cole getting older), and if they did it didn't stick around for the next episode. Avatar had continuity, it had action, it taught morals, and it had a series finale that attracted one of the biggest audiences to Nickelodeon in a very long time. Did TSL do that? I don't think so. Plus, Avatar won an Emmy, which is just icing on the cake.

Helostwin

[28]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 18
    Are you serious or just a TSL hater? Almost every ep had a morality lesson-- stick by your friends, honesty always pays, don't cheat etc. As far as audience is concerned TSL had DCs largest audience worldwide: Britain,France,Ireland,Italy,Germany,Australia,the Phillipines,Japan, South America,Israel,Canada,Mecico until HM debuted & then it became number 2. It is STILL DCs #1 show in some countries. And it did that without the concerts & push of the entire Disney empire that HM got. You're comparing that to some anime show? Dylan & Cole were award winning actors since they were babies on "Grace under Fire." Or haven't you heard of "The Heart is Deceitful above all things" or "Diary of a sex Addict.">>> You're comparing acting talent like that to a cartoon?? Even their kid movies like "Big Daddy" or "8 Crazy Nights" are spectacular.

ger5632

[29]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 24
    Nah, I doubt he hates suite life he just likes Avatar more. Honestly, i think Avatar and suite life are just about the same. Avatar is continuous and if u miss one episode u have no idea whats going on, but there is a recap in front but doesnt really help. And dont get me strted on the fanbrats! Suite life can be funny and can have good morals but some of the episodes are like all funny no plot. Its like that episode when Maddie inivted Chris Brown and Cody invited Cheetah Girls. It was funny but there was no moral.

armpitmyhair

[30]Nov 5, 2008

legersem wrote:
    These shows are two completely different series with literally nothing in common. I like Suite Life, but Avatar is better hands-down. There is seriously no competition there. Sure, the Suite Life is funny, but it takes a lot more than humor to make a show better than the other one. Throughout the entire series, we never saw Zack or Cody change (as characters, I'm not talking about Dylan and Cole getting older), and if they did it didn't stick around for the next episode. Avatar had continuity, it had action, it taught morals, and it had a series finale that attracted one of the biggest audiences to Nickelodeon in a very long time. Did TSL do that? I don't think so. Plus, Avatar won an Emmy, which is just icing on the cake.
    well i dotn know about the no morals part but i do agree that avatar is better. i personally think avatar is the best show nick has ad for a LONG time

ger5632 wrote:
    Nah, I doubt he hates suite life he just likes Avatar more. Honestly, i think Avatar and suite life are just about the same. Avatar is continuous and if u miss one episode u have no idea whats going on, but there is a recap in front but doesnt really help. And dont get me strted on the fanbrats! Suite life can be funny and can have good morals but some of the episodes are like all funny no plot. Its like that episode when Maddie inivted Chris Brown and Cody invited Cheetah Girls. It was funny but there was no moral.
    well u can get a general idea of whats goin on even if u miss an episode i like how avatar has a plot and how they show character develpoment over time with some action and comedy every now and then while with suite life is just another comedy show about 2 kids growing up except the comedy didnt fail and the show was VERY successful so basically its just another disney show except it didnt fail

Helostwin wrote:
    Are you serious or just a TSL hater? Almost every ep had a morality lesson-- stick by your friends, honesty always pays, don't cheat etc. As far as audience is concerned TSL had DCs largest audience worldwide: Britain,France,Ireland,Italy,Germany,Australia,the Phillipines,Japan, South America,Israel,Canada,Mecico until HM debuted & then it became number 2. It is STILL DCs #1 show in some countries. And it did that without the concerts & push of the entire Disney empire that HM got. You're comparing that to some anime show? Dylan & Cole were award winning actors since they were babies on "Grace under Fire." Or haven't you heard of "The Heart is Deceitful above all things" or "Diary of a sex Addict.">>> You're comparing acting talent like that to a cartoon?? Even their kid movies like "Big Daddy" or "8 Crazy Nights" are spectacular.
    are u sure because thats so raven was VERY GOOD in fact it was so good that it was the first show to have an extra season AND spin-off series(even though it sucked) so i would say its number 2 to thats so raven and when hannah montana came along, it went to number 3 (until thats so raven ended and both shows went up a number) and its not about comparing acting talent its about comparing 2 SHOWS and in his opinion both shows are good but avatar just happens to be better.

shybaby13

[31]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 15
    There is no contest!! Avatar is better. Okay, of course Atla lost on here because this is tsl's board!!! And how are the 2 shows even remotely similar?

BlueBlue1882

[32]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    How the heck are they similar shows?? But anyway I choose TSL overall but I still love Avatar!

Helostwin

[33]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 18
    Yes I'm sure. First: TSL was DCs top rated show from 2005 until half way thru HMs first season. Then they fought it out--1 week TSL would be in 1st place, the next week HM. Raven was never even close.

Second: Disney International never picked up Raven. TSL at it's height was seen in over 60 countries and was dubbed into everything from Japanese to Hebrew. It's STILL Disney Internationals #1 show in some countries now, even though it's all reruns. As far as I can find out, Raven was never shown outside North America & Australia.The rest of the world never saw it.

Third: TSL has a spectacular spinoff. SLOD is at the top of the ratings among DC shows. Ravens spinoff CITH usually finished behind reruns of "Life with Derek" in number of viewers, and (according to viewer polls) most of them were girls tuning in to see Jason Dolley. There is no comparison. I'm not saying Raven wasn't good but it was nowhere near as popular as TSL. Never.

BlueBlue1882

[34]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 3

Helostwin wrote:
    Yes I'm sure. First: TSL was DCs top rated show from 2005 until half way thru HMs first season. Then they fought it out--1 week TSL would be in 1st place, the next week HM. Raven was never even close. Second: Disney International never picked up Raven. TSL at it's height was seen in over 60 countries and was dubbed into everything from Japanese to Hebrew. It's STILL Disney Internationals #1 show in some countries now, even though it's all reruns. As far as I can find out, Raven was never shown outside North America & Australia.The rest of the world never saw it. Third: TSL has a spectacular spinoff. SLOD is at the top of the ratings among DC shows. Ravens spinoff CITH usually finished behind reruns of "Life with Derek" in number of viewers, and (according to viewer polls) most of them were girls tuning in to see Jason Dolley. There is no comparison. I'm not saying Raven wasn't good but it was nowhere near as popular as TSL. Never.

Actually I remember seeing some Japanese ad for Raven. I remember it was funny cause he was like "Yo yo yo!"

RedSoxFan274

[35]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    PokeSponge123 wrote:

They're very similar, but which do you prefer?

Suite Life definitely, but what do you mean the two are similar? Confused...

Migrane0

[36]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'd choose Avatar any day of the week

joshwim8

[37]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    avatar is the best show ever tsl just turned into crap after season one expecially the spinoff

Rock_Goddess_18

[39]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 17

Avatar: The Last Airbender. That show ROCKS!!! The Suite Life's third season sucked.

I think The Suite Life started off great but then went downhill after a while.

And Avatar is such an awesome show that even if it is called garbage it can deflect the words off of it with it's super awesome epic win powers.