The Suite Life on Deck Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

Character Discussion (Likely mostly Cailey) Former name: Cailey Discussion...

purplewowies

[1]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 18
    In an attempt to stop the OT-ness of the Senior Ditch Day thread, I am going to try to see if everyone will move to this one to discuss. Do you think Cody and Bailey should get back together or stay apart? Or maybe you think they should do a combo and seriously try to date other people, then return to each other. Whatever your opinion (repeat: opinion) is, please try to discuss/explain it rationally. Maybe we can even talk about some other characters and their development and relationships. I'll start with a quote (broken up into the parts I'm addressing) from the Ditch Day thread. (Note: I might use some TV Tropes lingo, so if you don't understand what something means and it's a link, click it!)

goose376 wrote:
    You should know Cailey fans don't go to IMDB because all it is is a negative board where people post about how much they hate things.

Why were you there, then? You appear to be a Cailey fan. I don't normally find IMDb all that negative until a troll bursts in and makes a crap thread or ruins a perfectly good one. IMDb (at least the SLOD board) is actually quite positve a good portion of the time.

goose376 wrote:
    And I'm sure she'll cry more when she sees the big reveal in My Sister's Keeper.

Okay, either Disney has no idea (or doesn't care) what's in their episodes (in terms of season story arc), or you're lying. Are you saying they get back together in My Sister's Keeper? Because I do know that in two episodes airing after that (although they were produced before it), they are not together. And it is quite obvious in one that doesn't currently have an airdate.

goose376 wrote:
    You want proof of the fans loving them? Where are your sources that everyone hates them? I think the Disney spokesman saying they are the most popular couple ever on the network says a lot.

Honestly, we will never know which "side" has more unless we survey all SLOD watchers. The best we could do is put a poll of some sort in as many forums where haters or lovers go as possible, then get the total amount of responses for both loving and hating and come out with a total percentage. To me, it appears that "haters" gravitate toward IMDb and TV.com and typically post long responses. The only place I've seen Cailey lovers in big numbers is YouTube (where you CAN'T make long posts unless you make multiple ones). And you get your fair share of haters there, too.

goose376 wrote:
    And again, you haven't been able to refute that the ratings are down because they are apart. I guarantee ratings will go up as Cailey move closer and closer back together which they already have.

You haven't been able to prove they're down because Cailey's apart. Where are you getting the ratings from? And honestly, it may not be that it's coming up because of anything Cody and Bailey related. It may just be that the episodes this season are improving in overall quality. The ones airing now are better than the ones at the start of the season and for me the quality increase started when Maya was added.

goose376 wrote:
    And if you look around the web, people aren't liking Zack right now. They feel the show has changed him and taken away his inner Zack. And Zack and Maya are not popular at all as most think they were rushed and Maya has been absent ever since.

That's a case of They Changed It Now It Sucks. I've started to feel the same way about Cody becoming a major arrogant jerk ("arrogant" and "jerk" links lead to 2 different things) in season two of SLOD, and I LOVE him. He's still my favorite character (most of the time), but I liked him more when he didn't flaunt his intelligence to everybody (including Bailey) in what seems to be an attempt to prove he's "better" than them.

Despite what those people think about Zack, I don't feel he's lost his "inner Zack." I don't believe he's lost much of anything other than his womanizing, and I think that was more of a teen/hormone thing, rather than a permanent part of his personality. If you look at TSL season 1, Zack mainly wreaked havoc on the hotel. He was a bit interested in girls, but he actually (for the most part) cared about the girls he dated (and especially the one he had a crush on). The womanizing started early TSL season 2. The wreaking havoc continued from season 1, episode 1 of TSL to extremely late 2nd season-early third season SLOD, then it died down. The womanizing began to die down when Zack realized that he was really in love with Maya and she wasn't just another "true love... of the week."

goose376 wrote:
    And it wasn't the same old Cailey plot. It was to show that even apart, they still are alike and think the same way. They can still work together.

I didn't say "same old Cailey plot;" I said "same old song" on the plot that focused on Cody and Bailey. The comment had NOTHING to do with their relationship. I was referring to how it was basically "I love school" then "you need to have fun." It's like school's all they care about anymore.

Please don't quote this entire post unless you absolutely have to. Try to only quote the part you're replying to, if you can. It's just too long to be quoted in its entirety, especially if people start quoting each other.
    Edited on 11/05/2010 7:02pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

goose376

[2]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 2

purplewowies wrote:
    In an attempt to stop the OT-ness of the Senior Ditch Day thread, I am going to try to see if everyone will move to this one to discuss. Do you think Cody and Bailey should get back together or stay apart? Or maybe you think they should do a combo and seriously try to date other people, then return to each other. Whatever your opinion (repeat: opinion) is, please try to discuss/explain it rationally. I'll start with a quote (broken up into the parts I'm addressing) from the Ditch Day thread. (Note: I might use some TV Tropes lingo, so if you don't understand what something means and it's a link, click it!)
    goose376 wrote:
    You should know Cailey fans don't go to IMDB because all it is is a negative board where people post about how much they hate things.
    Why were you there, then? You appear to be a Cailey fan. I don't normally find IMDb all that negative until a troll bursts in and makes a crap thread or ruins a perfectly good one. IMDb (at least the SLOD board) is actually quite positve a good portion of the time.
    goose376 wrote:
    And I'm sure she'll cry more when she sees the big reveal in My Sister's Keeper.
    Okay, either Disney has no idea (or doesn't care) what's in their episodes (in terms of season story arc), or you're lying. Are you saying they get back together in My Sister's Keeper? Because I do know that in two episodes airing after that (although they were produced before it), they are not together. And it is quite obvious in one that doesn't currently have an airdate.
    goose376 wrote:
    You want proof of the fans loving them? Where are your sources that everyone hates them? I think the Disney spokesman saying they are the most popular couple ever on the network says a lot.
    Honestly, we will never know which "side" has more unless we survey all SLOD watchers. The best we could do is put a poll of some sort in as many forums where haters or lovers go as possible, then get the total amount of responses for both loving and hating and come out with a total percentage. To me, it appears that "haters" gravitate toward IMDb and TV.com and typically post long responses. The only place I've seen Cailey lovers in big numbers is YouTube (where you CAN'T make long posts unless you make multiple ones). And you get your fair share of haters there, too.
    goose376 wrote:
    And again, you haven't been able to refute that the ratings are down because they are apart. I guarantee ratings will go up as Cailey move closer and closer back together which they already have.
    You haven't been able to prove they're down because Cailey's apart. Where are you getting the ratings from? And honestly, it may not be that it's coming up because of anything Cody and Bailey related. It may just be that the episodes this season are improving in overall quality. The ones airing now are better than the ones at the start of the season and for me the quality increase started when Maya was added.
    goose376 wrote:
    And if you look around the web, people aren't liking Zack right now. They feel the show has changed him and taken away his inner Zack. And Zack and Maya are not popular at all as most think they were rushed and Maya has been absent ever since.
    That's a case of Please don't quote this entire post unless you absolutely have to. Try to only quote the part you're replying to, if you can. It's just too long to be quoted in its entirety, especially if people start quoting each other.

To begin with, the main people it really matters to are Disney and the writers/producers. And the rest of season 3 is about them making their way back together. This is info from Debby and people who have been to the tapings of the episodes. As for whether they are better apart or together, you will never be able to get an accurate representation without polling every, even those not on the web. But from the sheer volume of letters sent to Disney and the actors, Cailey has overwhelming support. As for My Sister's Keeper, its already on Youtube for anyone to watch. And they don't get back together in My Sister's Keeper, but a huge step towards their reconciliation happens. And their reconciliation will continue to get closer and closer through Frozen, A London Carol and The Play's the Thing before the reconcile in Kettlecorn. And its been confirmed they are back together by Prom Night by people who attended the tapings.

Zack is a former shell of his former self. Maya has done nothing for his character. She's not even around for them to show what he's like in a relationship. And people feel the whole relationship was forced and too quick. If they had strung it out longer and waited for Prom Night for them to get back together, it may have worked. But the quick slap together has bombed with a lot of people.

As for SSD, it showed there was still the spark there between them when is built upon in My Sister's Keeper. Face it, party of who Cody and Bailey are is their mutual love all things academia. They are alike in so many ways that it was one of their common interests that finally thawed the ice.

purplewowies

[3]Nov 4, 2010
    goose376 wrote:
    Zack is a former shell of his former self. Maya has done nothing for his character. She's not even around for them to show what he's like in a relationship. And people feel the whole relationship was forced and too quick. If they had strung it out longer and waited for Prom Night for them to get back together, it may have worked. But the quick slap together has bombed with a lot of people.

I meant to ask, where'd you find the disliking Zack stuff? I'm not doubting or criticizing it; I'm just curious.

goose376

[4]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 2

I've seen it every where. Wiki, Youtube, Facebook, etc. The pairing with Maya might have been good for him, but most everyone thinks it was too rushed and no development. And then they slapped them together and Maya disappeared.

purplewowies

[5]Nov 5, 2010
    I changed the title of this thread to cover a broader topic, so it now doesn't just include Cailey, but also Zaya, Moseweiler, and any other couples, as well as the individual characters.

So, I have a question for everybody else who feels like responding to this thread. How do you feel Cody's personality has changed over the course of SLOD, has it changed for the better or for the worse, and do you think it would've changed in that manner had Cody and Bailey not dated? What about Bailey?

Do you feel anybody else's (London, Woody, Moseby, etc.) personality has changed? How? And in a good way or a bad way?

ILoveDemi4ever

[6]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 11

Right because emails reveal every person in the world as a Cailey shipper. Give me a break. Emails don't mean anything. That's called an obsession and no life. Just because other people who ship certain couples don't send a flood of emails saying they like two people together doesn't mean a fanbase is larger. Largest couple in history? Not everyone has a internet. Ever think of that? Or they do but don't send it out. Not everyone will send emails or letters talking about their favorite couple and how they should get together. People aren't that stupid. Just for the record, the only people who send emails are the ones who go online daily and with a billion other people in the world who don't speak up or use a computer is proof enough there is no telling whether they are or aren't that popular. Getting emails is only half of the entire population. It isn't everybody. Majority may hate them or a minority but there is no way to prove that especially through emails in which case not everyone sends so no one know how big they really are or small they are.

RomanZolanski

[7]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 12
    I'll say it now so this fighting can stop: IT'S JUST A SHOW!

Cody and Bailey are just characters and fighting over if they belong together or not just proves how OBSESSED you are of the dumbest thing. And in my opinion, this couple is nothing compared to REAL TV shows out there. Not even Degrassi couples are faught over this much (and currently, EClare is being obsessed with, if you watch Degrassi).

But back on track: GET OVER IT! The fact that they regret breaking up is dumb. Why don't they just get back together if they're gonna cry in every episode? Answer: BECAUSE DISNEY IS TRYING TO PLAY WITH YOUR EMOTIONS!

"The Suite Life on Deck" lost its creativity and quality a long time ago, so it really doesn't matter if they get back together or not. Will it be the end of the world? NO!

Just drop it, please.