The Suite Life on Deck

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

TVTome_Shadow

The Suite Life on Deck Fan Reviews (110)

7.3
  • Funny!!!!

Always funny and interesting!
  • Mediocre. Bland or flanderized character, poor writing and annoying cliches.

As someone who grew up with the original series and was a fan of it I find this one very lackluster and lacking in charm that the original series had. What made the original series tolerable is the fact that it came at the time when Disney wasn't downhill and it didn't have insulting and plus I even grew attatched to these characters. In TSLOZAC Zack and Cody were mischevious and thier misadventures were fun and you could relate to them as main characters they felt like normal kids would act. Cody was more of my favorite as the series progressed. London and Mr. Moseby were especially good because of their development. London's character was a parody of Paris Hilton, so I could give her a pass for being a cliched "Rich dumb, selfish brat" I found London one of the show's high points. Not only was her character relatable and funny, but she went through actual development and had more to her character than being the "rich snob" all the way through. Her life lessons she learned through her connections with Maddie and Moseby were really great and gave London layers. She also showed signs of maturity as well. Such as when her selfishness or lack of empathy for others went to far to hurt her friends. Such as when she lost a item that belonged to one of Maddie's siblings. London even got depth in episodes centered around her father when you learn she isn't the happiest girl even with her wealth.

I really liked Moseby's character the most in terms of development. I loved his fatherly connection to London in how he raised her and taught her things as a child, he was more of a father to her than her actual dad. It was nice to see some interesting development from a show like this and see the actual realistic connections between Moseby and London. The morals of their episodes are always great because of how the development treated them. Moseby was also funny and I also liked London's connections with Maddie. Maddie was her voice or reason and acted as London's right from wrong. Their friendship seemed real and wasn't so unrealisticly perfect as all Disney shows have their characters nowadays. Maddie also was a nice parallel to Cody as Zack was to London. I really loved Maddie's character too. Besides her moments with London she was a good role model for the female audience and wasn't seen as perfect. Hardworking, poor and compasionate. Though she had her selfish moments. Though I hated how she didn't appear for a majority of Season 3.

Not only were the characters in the original series great as I mentioned. But it also had nice comedy and again themes. Sure it had its cliches, but it had charm.

The Suite Life on Deck on the other hand, not only ruins these characters. But the show became very bland and the writing and connections were poor too. The first Season of On Deck was okay, it still had some themes from the original series and the characters for the most part were fine. Then Seasons 2 and 3 came. Cody and Bailey are the worst characters in this show. Cody is just a sissy in this show, yes in the original series he was a wimp, but he still had pride and a sense of self respect. In on Deck he turned into a egotistical, sissy nerd who thinks he's better than everyone because of his intelligence. His obsession with Bailey was also very irritating and grew tiring very fast. Almost every episode centered around his character is "Bailey this, Bailey They also gave him such a huge hatred for Zack and most episodes he seems to not want to have anything to do with him. In the original series, while Cody hated Zack's antics he you still got the sense he cared. In On Deck he doesn't give two craps about Zack and most of the time gets pleasure of seeing his brother get harmed or neglected. It was pretty mean-spirited. I also hated this selfish ego he grew out of his love for Bailey. He would shove the others aside because they "Interurpted his Bailey time" He also became sexist in a couple of episodes just because Bailey was better than him physically. Take a look at the episode "Moseby's Brother" from the original series. Cody there gets as angry with Zack as he does in SLOD. But there it gave development to their sibling bond. Cody was also a jerk in the Suite Life Movie as well. Acting like he does when Bailey is involved and not giving Zack the car when Zack wanted it for a good reason. He even offered to help Cody with his problem with Bailey and Cody still was a jerk. This angers me because who was once my favorite character is now my 2nd most hated.

Then we have Bailey Pickett. I REALLY HATE this character. In Season one she was tolerable. She was an established character. But the big take away from this character is the writers tried to shove her wanting to be London's friend down our throats because of the resembled Maddie/London friendship. She was also a farm girl stereotype. Other than those, she didn't bother me in Season 1. She was moderately likable and I found her to be okay. What really got me hating her was when she got with Cody. Like Cody their relationship ruined this character. Not only does she become obnoxious with her love for Cody, but it's done worse with her because she can't shut the fuck about about him! She also got really annoying constantly going on about her farm life. They also threw her friendship with London down the drain, as like Cody she saw London as an annoying obstacle. In one episode she and Cody literally use London as a experiment. She teaches London how to be smart, but lies to her and manipulates her and this came out of a bet with Cody, not because of her own "thinking its right!" The Suite Life Movie is her worst appearance where she contributes nothing to the film and the entire time it's just her bitching, moaning, whining over Cody THE ENTIRE MOVIE! Her overreacting was obnoxious. Even the characters in the Movie got as annoyed as the audience. I seriously wanted her to shut up. It also doesn't help she's too similar to Cody in terms of academic agendas which were also annoying too. Their relationship was constantly shoved in our faces and made specials like "Twister" uninteresting because of it.

As for Moseby and London? These characters were completely ruined from SLOZAC. London doesn't learn lessons past Season 1 (minus tiny selectives) She gets completely stupid and her constantly moaning about wanting to leave school got annoying. She seemed to annoy the characters more than contribute anything. She also seem to be more stupid in an insulting way and tried way to hard to be funny. She only got development from going to school. Moseby doesn't really do anything in this show and wasn't as funny as he use to be. He also got bland. Throughout the series I wondered what he was suppose to do. The only interesting thing about Moseby in SLOD was his relationship with Tutwiler. Which in all fairness was done well. I liked how it gave his character something and their relationship built up. He also missed more episode in this series than Maddie in Season 3 of the original and every character. He just seemed to be the authority figure and that's it.

Zack and Woody were the only big highlights in terms of characters in SLOD. Zack got actual development and his relationship with Maya (while she was pointless) developed his character and showed he had an actual caring side. He also maintined his funny charm and matured.

Woody was also good. He was a nerdy, gross looking guy who couldn't get girls at first. He was annoying in earlier seasons. But later on he actually got good character and found himself a person who liked him. It was nice to see this character develop. It was also nice to give Zack a friend too. He was basically Zack's Cody in this series since the actual Cody was a jerk.

I also never got the point of Marcus character. What was the point of adding him as a main cast character, when he appears in only one season and didn't even appear in every episode? He didn't add anything and wasn't even an interesting character. He seem to try to be a love interest for London but failed.

The plots are stupid, the acting was bland later one and the show overall just became another annoying Disney sitcom. Adding in cliches, pointless drama (such as the Cody/Bailey breakup) annoying romance cliches, boring plots, and the writing was also bad. Season 1 was okay, I liked it fine, but Seasons 2 and 3 I hated them. I only liked "Graduation on Deck" But it gave a nice resolution to all the characters. Overall I thought this series was mediocre and its not as good as the original and less watchable. I liked the cameos from the original series characters. So there's that as well. Sorry for the long rant.
  • Not bad.

It was ok. I enjoyed most of it. BUT. I stopped watching it after there television movie in 2011.
  • Not horrible...

5.5
    As a child I loved TSLOZAC heck I still do I watch the show on netflix till this day. When I heard there would be a spin off I was really happy about it but as a huge fan of the old series and the twins I was disappointed in the fist episode. I thought the first episode was boring but, the first season got better I guess.

Alright now with the problems. I didn't like the character change at all! Bailey is very annoying I can't stand her. Marcus had nothing to do with the series, Woody is alright I guess, and Maya was just pointless and stupid.

Now my problems with the original cast members which are ONLY Zack, Cody, London, and . Zack and Cody barley spend time with eachother and the show makes it seem like the twins dislike each other they literally never get along in this series. Zack and London are stupider, Cody's a huge geek and is less like able and never causes trouble with Zack anymore. Plus Zack in love? I found that ridiculous we knew him as the player and they throw in a random girl that he literally dates for like 3 days and she breaks up with him and the show says they've been dating for three months? Since when she seriously was in like 3 episodes. Even if he was dating Maya They should have had

Max visit and get with Zack. Every one guest stared except for her and Tapeworm. Very annoyed about that too, Oh I was really annoyed when Maddie didn't show up for their prom.

Am I the only one that remembers her promise? Even Zack isn't stupid enough to forget that!

Alright enough with my ranting what I'm trying to say is.. TSLOZAC was funnier, clever, better actors character development in general. Maybe the show wasn't as good because of the new producer? I don't know where they went wrong. 6/10
  • Aw Man!

This was obviously a great Television series and I can go on and on why it was ,but, it's just so sad it had to be up there with all the other horrible shows such as Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana.
  • One of Disneys best shows

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody was good but when the On Deck series began, those hilarious twins just got better. The show has potential that it managed to tap into along with jokes that are actually funny and plot lines that really get your attention. Even the minor characters like Woody and Ms. Tutwiler are rememberable. The settings can feel obviously cheap like they were on a stage but other areas really managed to make it feel like we were in a real cruise ship. I also liked how the cast got to visit some counties and get involved in conflict there (kind of like Total Drama World Tour, anouther show I like). This is one of the old Disney shows worth remembering.
  • A Solid Disney Sitcom Ruined

2.5
    The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody was actually a very solid sitcom, mostly because it came out when Disney still was making decent sitcoms. There wasn't any purpose for this spin-off to be made, much like with Corey In The House, which is also disappointing. Honestly, the first season was OK, but as it progressed, most of the small appeal the show had vanished, simply because of Cody and Bailey's breakup, and their arguing. This is the point where I feel like Disney was really starting to go overboard with stereotypical teenage drama, even though they were already doing so with terrible shows such as Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. First off, Bailey in the third season of this show is a terrible character. One reason is because I hate Debby Ryan *big shock*. Another is because she gets angry constantly about the stupidest things. In one episode, they go on a tour of a chocolate factory, and Bailey gets mad at Cody for breaking her chocolate heart. In another, she is constantly bickering with Cody about a pet rat, who eventually gets to stay with Kirby. Stupid... b----. I know the reason Bailey acts this way towards conflicts like this is to set up the plots for each episode. But, come on, they could at least be subtle with all of this drama! They could at least keep Bailey as a charismatic and likable farm girl who is reasonable instead of a whiny teenage stereotype similar to a chick from My Super Sweet 16. This is why I don't like this show as much. Also, the show is very stale, most of the illusions and jokes that show up are trite, and almost every episode from season 3 seems to have a subplot involving sports. Weird, isn't it? Overall, this isn't as bad as Hannah Montana or Shake It Up, but it still suffers from serious flaws.
  • Amazing!

It's not the best show ever because it can be pretty unrealistic, but other than that I love it! The first one is better, but it missed one more important thing: Cody and Bailey relationship! I love them together. Oh and PIGGYDOOM, Jessie is not a spinoff of this show, just because Debby Ryan acts in both. I mean, is Ocean's Twelve the spinoff to Erin Brokovich just because Julia Roberts is in both? I don't think so. Anyways, let's see why I like this show:

PLOT: The plot is amazing! May not be realistic at times, but that's okay. I think that it's really cool that they all go to high school on the ship and their mischievous adventures. Love it!

ACTING: Acting is really good, especially Mr. Moseby, the twins, London and Woody. Bailey is the worst in the show, although better than some other actors in other shows. But other than Bailey, acting is pretty good!

CHARACTERS: I like all of them, especially Mr. Moseby, Zack, Emma and London. Some characters (like Marcus and Woody) are a bit annoying, but I can live with that.

OVERALL: The show is good, but some actors could do better and some characters are a bit annoying, and the plot tends to be unrealistic. But it's still a good show and I give it a B+.
  • Meh, it was bland.

This will never be as good as, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. This show was too bland, 1st of all. I didn't like the sudden jump of Zack and Cody living in a hotel all the way to living on a cruise ship. Why did they make such a big jump?. 2nd, when I watched the Suite Life of Zack & Cody, I stuck with it through out the whole show because it was awesome and funny but with On Deck, I only watched season 1 and then after that it got stupid and boring and I stopped watching it. 3rd, They made Cody into a sissy, in the Suite Life of Z&C, Cody wasn't a sissy like how he was in On Deck, sometimes he was even more mischievous than Zack but in On Deck, Cody was turned into a complete wimp and sissy, he was afraid of Bailey and rarely helped Zack in mischievous acts. This show was extremely bland.
  • Stupid...

I wish the ship would spontaneously combust with everyone on it.
  • I love this!

I love this show. It was amazing. I wish they hadn't ended it and they had done it for longer because I have ran out of reruns to watch on youtube! :'(
  • You people are crazy, this is not even close to being better than the 1st. But its still okay.

First of all, I am sick and tired of looking at reviews saying "This is better than the 1st", I disagree. If you dislike the 1st and not this you don't even know what good shows are. The 1st had original humor, this show not really. I mean, Jessie was the spinoff they made for this and it was so much better. Suite Life of Zack and Cody was better than both of them. I think I've said enough now. Overall Grade: (6/10) C+
  • Great Show

I actually love this show. First I hated it, but now I love it. It's funny, smart, and witty., Season 1 was a great start; Season 2 was really funny(and my favorite season). Season 3 was really hilarious too. First I was disappointed because Maddie was not there and got replaced by Bailey, then I go used to it. I cried in the series finale and it was the only show that I cried in a finale. It's one of Disney Channel's best original series.
  • Decent enough

I like this show in the begginning but there are better shows out there. This show might have an ok acting level but i have a feeling that everything doesnt feel exciting. This show could be worse but i would recommend it only to half of the previous shows. This show may make you dissapointed when you watch it but it really isnt that bad. Just a little dissapointing it didnt make the cruise better. The cruise couldve been even better.
  • Was really sad when it ended!

I love the twins! They are amazing actors. Both sutie life of zack&cody and this show was great! They had great charcter and one of the greats from disney.
  • AWSOME!

PLEEEEEEASSSSSSEEEEEEE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!!!! IT DID END, BUT ATLEAST A MOVIE OR SOMTHING, I LOVEED IT AND IT REALLY HELPED ME IN LIFE OOOOOOO PLEASE! : )))))) BEST SHOW EVER!
  • Great show, sad that it had to end

This has to be the greatest show ever made by Disney, along with The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. There is some great comedy moments in all six seasons that made your ribs hurt cause you laugh so much, but there is also a lot of drama in it that makes you cry and fall in love with all the characters. I have all the Suite Life series on disc plus the movie I will miss my Suite Life family.
  • I wish the cruise would sink in a hurricane.

1.5
    As much as I love The Suite Life of Zack and Cody,this show just ruins it's name. This is a spin-off of that show,but it's with a cruise instead. Now,the first problem is that the characters act nothing like their normal selves anymore. Zack used to be the smart one and Cody used to be the opposite of him,now they are both idiots and cause less trouble than they did in the original show. London used to be funny,but now she's an idiot. Mosby is the only character who still acts like his normal self. Also,where's Maddie and the mom? Maddie is replaced by Cody's girlfriend and the mom is replaced by the teacher from the school of the ship. the second problem is the setting. Why does it have to be a cruise ship? It couldn't have been a resort?Also,how can someone live on a cruise ship? I can understand an hotel,but is that possible? I bet the next setting is going to be a plane. As for the humor,it fails shortly because 98% of it is not funny. Mosby made me laugh,but that was it. I only liked the Lost at Sea episode,and that was it. Thank god,it's canceled but they still show reruns. So now the boat should sink and go away now.
  • Much better than the first one!

I love this show its so interesting and funny.I always thought a sequl of another show about the same thing but this turned out great I love love love this show.But unfortunatlly it got canceled but all the actors/actresses are doing different things now like Debby Ryan is in Jessie and Phill Lewis is now an Episode writer and director.
  • Good!

It was really good!
  • HURRAY SUITE LIFE ON DECK IS NOT FINISHED!!!!

I'M TOTTALY HAPPY THAT SUITE LIFE ON DECK ISN'T FINISHED I DON'T CARE IF NEW EPISODES OR IF YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE SAME EPISODES OVER AND OVER AGAIN I JUST WANT IT TO GIVE I'M JUST SO HAPPY AND I JUST CAN'T EXPRESS HOW HAPPY IT IS TO ME HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Why'd this have to end?!

Dude, Best Show EVER. Humerous. Drama. Romantic. Adventurous. AWESOMENESS
  • Superb, not much as great as hotel version.

The gang from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody take to the seas in this Disney series. Zack, Cody, London and Mr. Moseby move from the well-appointed halls of the posh Tipton Hotel to London's father's luxurious cruise ship, the S.S. Tipton. Zack, Cody, and London enroll in a semester-at-sea program, which London's father hopes will make her a better student. Mr. Moseby has taken on the responsibility of watching over the three. There are also plenty of opportunities for mischief aboard the S.S. Tipton. I thought this show was superb. In my opinion, I don't think this show isn't as perfect as the hotel version. I still like the ship version, but it had flaws. I don't care much for the Cailey (Cody/Bailey) because we ALWAYS see them in ALMOST every episodes. No offense for those that like this ship, I am not a huge fan of them and they deserves to be broken up in that episode. As for the characters, they are not as good as the hotel one. Zack is a little selfish now, Cody cares and talks about Bailey most of the time, London is dumber and annoying sometimes, but Mr. Moseby hasn't changed. He still has a tolerable role. As for the characters that were introduced, I think Bailey (Debby Ryan) is a decent character. Of course, the thing I did not like from her were the way she laugh and she is annoying sometimes (especially with Cody). Woody is great and funny. Wonder why he in a lot of episodes if season 3 if he's a recurring star. Ms. Tutwieller is okay and I don't get some people think she's funny. I think she is sometimes, but most of time, she is just bland. Season 1 was superb. Season 2 was great not superb because of the nonstop Cailey reationship. Season 3 was better than S2. Overall, this show is superb but does not beat the hotel version. 9/10
  • love this show wish it was still on

i love suite life on deck it was my favorite kid show loved the way it ended but they should have shown the future of the characters like cody and bailey future getting married and zach going to college and doing something cool and woody doing what he doing but in the future and london spending money and mr. mosbey and ms. tutwiler or however you spell it getting married and they all are still great friends
  • Suite life of Zack and Cody was WAY BETTER but this show was still pretty good.

Suite life of Zack and Cody was WAY BETTER but this show was still pretty good. Well the theme song is pretty cool and i like it. and the theme song reminds me of Wizards of Waverly Place. and the first season was pretty bad, the second season ok, but Season 3 was awesome! I think it may have been because i was older and i got some of the jokes. Zack and Cody ar hilarious but London is a little annoying and Bailey is a tad annoying and Mr. Moesby Hilarious. Overall 7/10.

• this show is funny

I think that this show is funnny. The stupid part is how london is so dumb and stupiid. she is only in that school because her rich dad bought it for her. I like this show because it is funny how cody gets a girl like baily. and all zach does is get every girl on the ship. i also think this is funny because mr.Mosby is so short. he nick name should be pee wee

• A complete disgrace to TSLOZAC,and was not funny

I love The Suite Life of Zack and Cody,and I thought it was one of DC's best shows. However,the spin-off just failed to be like the original. The Suite Life on Deck is about Zack,Cody,London and Mosby,who are now on a cruise ship. Now,the first problem I had with this show were the characters. Zack and Cody were hilrailous young twins,now they are just idiots who are not even funny at all. London has also lost it. She is now a complete moron,and is nowhere near as good as the London from TSLOZAC. Mosby is the only good character of the show,and is still funny as he was from the original. This show also lacks characters. I mean,what happened to the mom and Maddie? Bailey is a terrible character,who was a terrible replacement for Maddie. This show also lacks humor. I mean,I may have laughed a few times,but other times,this show gets annoying and just not funny. Overall,this was a failed spin-off of it's prodessesor,and was just like Cory in The House. I am glad this show ended. But I hope they don't make another horrible spin-off.

• A superb Disney Channel show

I think that this is a superb Disney Channel show. I just like Zack and Cody better as little boys though but everyone has to grow up. I would have given this show a perfect score but one person ruined it. That person is Zack... he is a horrible brother to Cody because he teases him and doesn't even defend him. London kind of ruined my score as well because I hate it when she is mean to Bailey and she doesn't deserve that at all. Despite two characters ruining my perfect score... this is a superb show. Bailey is my favorite character because she is nice and beautiful. Woody... mmmm not my favorite character but he is pretty funny. I don't know why Woody isn't considered a main character though because he is in pretty much every episode. Sometimes he is absent in an episode but so have been other characters as well. Cody... not my favorite character also because he is kind of annoying with his smart talk but he is nice and I feel sorry for him because he has a horrible brother that pretty much ruins everything for him. Mr. Moseby is still his same hilarious self and is one of my favorite characters. Disney is meant to have kiddy humor so I think that this show matches with it just fine. I think that the storylines are pretty well written... some of them can improve a little more but this a show that mostly kids can enjoy for the most part. Overall, a superb Disney Channel show even though it's not as good as the original series. 9/10
  • One of the worst shows I've ever seen. In fact, so bad I had to look up what I was suffering through just to bash it.

Summary says it all. Simply an abysmal show no matter the viewer's age. The characters are terrible, the quality of the green screen is laughable. This show is something you'd expect to see for about one episode several decades ago. It just goes to show how low the quality of television Disney and Family are offering the youth of today. The only laughs it elicits are unintentional and it is painfully evident that the 'writers' of this dreadful series think they know what is 'hip' with kids these days. I think calling it a misguided trainwreck wouldn't be far from the truth. Pathetic.
  • From what I've seen, it's better than the original!

So, Zack, Cody, and the gang basically board a cruise ship, and they have a ton of adventures. To me, I thought this was going to be an absolute bomb which couldn't be repaired, but the opposite happened. They found creative episode ideas that always made me laugh (Snakes On a Boat, Twister, International Dateline, etc.), Hilarious jokes, almost never bland (sorry, can't list those), and they finally make a funny and exciting show.

9/10 A-

Whether you're a Zack and Cody fan or not, this is the show for you. It will soon be known as a legend(I hope.). For more reviews, check out my profile.
< 1 2 3 4