The Super Hero Squad Show Forums

Saturday 6:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

I think this show is getting the axe

hotrodliny

[1]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    It looks like this show is getting cancelled, as Cartoon Network has started burning off new episodes every day at 8:30AM, rather than continuing to present the first run episodes on Friday nights in prime time. I'm not surprised, frankly. The look and feel of the show is just too childish and silly, and Marvel animated shows have never fared well when presented in a more comedic way. When will these guys learn their lessons? Virtually all the Marvel animated shows that started out very silly (ie- Fantastic Four in the '90s) were either quickly revamped to be more serious, or quickly cancelled. It looks like Superhero Squad is going the latter route, as it's the goofiest iteration of a Marvel cartoon I've ever seen. Good riddance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Extro_Sturt

[2]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 4
    sounds ike you have nothing better to do then bash a show you cant do better than.

SpaceWay2007

[3]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 11
    I don't think this necessarily mean that the show is getting canceled. Maybe it's a good show that brought nice ratings, so CN is airing more episodes.

MajLorne

[4]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 21
    hotrodliny wrote:
    It looks like this show is getting cancelled, as Cartoon Network has started burning off new episodes every day at 8:30AM, rather than continuing to present the first run episodes on Friday nights in prime time. I'm not surprised, frankly. The look and feel of the show is just too childish and silly, and Marvel animated shows have never fared well when presented in a more comedic way. When will these guys learn their lessons? Virtually all the Marvel animated shows that started out very silly (ie- Fantastic Four in the '90s) were either quickly revamped to be more serious, or quickly cancelled. It looks like Superhero Squad is going the latter route, as it's the goofiest iteration of a Marvel cartoon I've ever seen. Good riddance.
    Sorry to post to such an old thread, but as of finally seeing the last ep that aired on the Hub today: I have to agree with part of this post. Season 1 was too silly, but season2 actually had some more serious moments and I kinda liked season2 even though it was uneven with the multiple villains.

Ironman and FF in their first seasons were horrible, but the 2nd season got revamped and were way better, only shame was they still got canceled. Hulk season 2 was too 'silly' and that lasted 8 eps. So I agree that Marvel and DC should not go with anything 'light hearted', seriousness bests suits these kinds of shows.

On a related note, Ultimate Spiderman has potential, but the silliness in that show is making me hate it and I don't see it getting a 2nd season unless they change things asap.