The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

Mario's Magic Carpet / Marianne and Luigeena

Aired Unknown Sep 07, 1989 on

• Mario and the gang are stranded in the desert, and by a fake swimming pool they are trapped. The Princess is taken away to be sold so Mario, Luigi, and Toad must help stop her, with the help of a magic genie from a magic lamp!

First off, this episode holds a close bond to my heart because this was the first episode I had ever seen of the show, it was also the first episode I had ever owned on video tape. So that maybe one reason I scored it an eight. Now it didn't have the best story but it was still pretty good none-the-less. As we all noticed and mentioned in the section it is a parody of Alladin, which is a good thing because I like Aladin. It also features Pidgits for the first time. The story of the episode starts off quick, with Princess Toadstool getting kidnapped, and then Mario, Luigi and Toad getting captured, it then it shows them escape and save the Princess. No dull moments, no time wasted just standing there talking about nothing important. They did stand there and talk a few times but it was a game plan. It also featured one of the funniest characters ever. The genie with all of her wise cracking jokes, and even at times her laziness. Also the words to the magic spells were funny. So over all I'd say this was a decent episode in the series, yet again not THE best but still a pretty darn good episode.