The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

The Great BMX Race / Mama Mia Mario

Aired Unknown Sep 18, 1989 on

• One of the best bike races I've ever seen!

Here is my review for one of the best episodes of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!". I've seen this episode so many times that I know just about every line said in it. It is also the only episode I've have on video (before I got it again on DVD). Anyway, in the live-action segment ("Mama Mia Mario"), Mario and Luigi's mother comes over for a visit and forces them to clean up their place until she leaves. In the cartoon ("The Great BMX Race"), Mario and Luigi compete in a BMX race against Mouser, Triclyde, and Troopa Leader (That's what I like to call him because there's more than one Troopa seen in this episode and he's obviously the smartest one) in an attempt to earn coins so they can save Toad from being scorched by Fry Guy. This was probably the only episode that had no special guests appearing at all (Mario and Luigi's mother and aunt were played by the same actors who play the Mario Bros.). This was also the first episode where Mario and/or Luigi do not wear their trademark hats at all in the show. I recommend this episode to people who have never seen the show before. A true classic.