The Surreal Life

Sunday 9:00 PM on VH1 Premiered Jan 09, 2003 Between Seasons

The Surreal Life Fan Reviews (31)

7.7
  • "The Surreal Life" is reality junk for those who love reality junk.

6.1
    I gotta admit this show is highly entertaining but in a car chase, car wreck way...you know it's junk and probably shouldn't waste your time watching it but can't help but look, stare and laugh.

The term "celebrity" is loosely defined here. I wouldnt' consider half the people on here to be celebrities as least not people like Ron Jeremy whose a loser, Tammy Faye Baker (who everybody remembers as the wife of that loser evangelist Jim Baker). Vanilla Ice, eh he's not really a celebrity much like Milli Vanilli, he was just one of those fads that teens worship like a day of from school.

Then add to the fact that a lot of these "celebrities" come from other reality shows then you know how downgraded this show from being a real show.

Well I watched episodes from Second Season and will give credit to where credit is due. Jeremy, that clown Erik Estrada (never a great actor to begin with), Faye Baker, and Vanilla Ice provided lots of laughs but it's one of those things where you are laughing at them not with them.

In a way, this show is a classic setup of hasbeens, former celebrities, minor celebrities and freaks from the entertainment industry. A lot of them serve as jokes (regardless of whether they know they're doing it as now).

It's a guilty pleasure show so I can't tear it down much but I also wouldn't elevate this show past that either.

If you're in the mood for a quick laugh, then like other reality shows this show will give it and more.