The Swan

Episode 8

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 13, 2004 on FOX

• An ending to a car-crash of a series

Okay, so this show really wasn't that mentally stimulating. It's not like you learned something new when you watched it (other than the fact that the surgeons are judgemental and they usually had no right to be considering how bad they looked - why is it that dentists on these shows have the worst teeth!?!?!)

But there is something satisfying about seeing someone make a transformation...I'm talking an emotional one. To see someone actually look at themselves in a better light and have more confidence is a winning scenario.

True to form, the make-up and hairstyle artists tried to make these women look like drag queens. Following the series, the final makeover for a lot of woman was just plain scary. Thankfully I was put at ease knowing that after a long shower and perhaps some industrial-strength make-up remover, they would be looking a lot more normal.

The pageant was great and a satisfying way to finish the series. As I said, don't expect too much from this show and you won't be disappointed.