The Talk Forums

Weekdays 2:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete

Co-hosts on The Talk

TMFMM2022AD

[1]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 60

What are your ideas for the co-host on The Talk?

Holly

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pretty_sure

[2]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 38

I'm honored to say through this whole horrible situation I've gotten to know Leah fairly well, and have even got to talk to her on the phone once, and I know that Julie Chen wanted her out, and Holly was more collateral damage. They were mistreated near the end, they even made Holly clean out her dressing room but wouldn't release her from her contract, in case they couldn't replace her in time.

The bottom line is while Holly and Leah are sad, and thought of the show as there baby they were trying to raise and make the best it can be, they are better off now. Leah has more time to spend with her daughter and did a sketch for the Funny or Die website. Plus, Holly has been booked for a muti-episode arc as Carl's girlfriend.

After the way they were treated they never would return, the show is weird now and you never get to see a new host long enough to feel comfortable with them. It should be cancelled, but probably wont since Julie Chen is married to the head of the network.

pretty_sure

[4]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 38

I wouldn't say mistreated for their firing per-say. Leah and Holly had no clue there was even a chance of getting fired. They were not asked back, but they weren't released from their contract until the show's hiatus was almost up, which kept them from going out to find a new job. It's also rumored, i have to say that, that Julie Chen would threaten to fire the whole cast if they did something she didn't like, and currently she has forbidden them being mentioned on the show and if the crew has contact with Leah and Holly they're fired.

Holly was treated the worst, because they told her that she was basically fired, and they made her clean out her dressing room, but they wouldn't release her from her contract in case they couldn't find her replacement. She was officially let only 4 or 5 days before the show returned.

joanbacon2

[10]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 1
    pretty_sure wrote:

I wouldn't say mistreated for their firing per-say. Leah and Holly had no clue there was even a chance of getting fired. They were not asked back, but they weren't released from their contract until the show's hiatus was almost up, which kept them from going out to find a new job. It's also rumored, i have to say that, that Julie Chen would threaten to fire the whole cast if they did something she didn't like, and currently she has forbidden them being mentioned on the show and if the crew has contact with Leah and Holly they're fired.

Holly was treated the worst, because they told her that she was basically fired, and they made her clean out her dressing room, but they wouldn't release her from her contract in case they couldn't find her replacement. She was officially let only 4 or 5 days before the show returned.

WHY WERE THEY FIRED?? Here it is 3 years later and no one will say WHY? I watched that show daily and I did not see anything any different then any other raunchy day!