The Thick of It (UK)

BBC Two (ended 2012)

dhaworth

The Thick of It (UK) Fan Reviews (3)

• Very, very funny

Really excellent show. I began watching after Peter Capaldi was cast as the 12th Doctor and I am very glad I did. Series 1-3 are more light-hearted whilst series 4 is more serious.

The ending is... sad. But not disappointing. The last scene of a certain character driving away in a taxi is moving and you'll be thinking about it for a long time afterwards.

Favourite episode: Series 3 finale. Malcolm is wonderfully evil.
  • political satire with the most imaginative swearing ever

Grubby, sniping, backstabbing politicians and civil servants. I know it sounds boring, but the scripts and acting if so good you dont really have to worry about the situation. It contains the best and at times most offensive use of swear words in any comedy, so be warned.
  • Best one-liners on TV

The Thick of It is the kind of show that you will either love, or hate.

If you're offended by bad language then this show's not for you; It's littered with obscenities that can be a bit much for some, but they're perfectly placed and provide some of the best one-liners on TV. The show even has a swear consultant to ensure of it. Peter Capaldi is particularly brilliant in his delivery of these lines, but I'm concerned where the next series will go considering his spin doctor character has now been sacked.

It also helps your enjoyment of the show if you have an interest, or a least a basic understanding, of topical British politics as the show mocks the inner workings of new labour's government. But it's not essential.