The Three Stooges Show

AMC (ended 1959)

FredScuttle

The Three Stooges Show Fan Reviews (28)

• Oldest Top Show

Mostly various ep (99-14)
  • Now this is what I call a comedy

Even for a show that was around the time of our grandparents, I was laughing like crazy at this show. The actors are as memorable as they can get and the episodes are all enjoyable. It`s worth watching every second.
  • King of all comedians!

When someone ask you about the best comedy show of all time "The Three Stooges" would be the first thing that come to your mind right? They are legends and can be ranked as the King of all comedians! Even though they are from the old generation, they are still worldwide know for giving the best laughs among their viewers like me. I want to relive the moment and watch this crazy show. I purchased a copy of this show at The quality of the DVDs I received is really nice and entirely watchable. I'm so thankful and contented now that I can replay these discs how many times I want! Speaking of best quality comedy, Three Stooges is absolutely highly recommended!
  • I just love those three knuckle-heads! :3

Moe is my favorite i always thought he was smart and i always watch it everytime it comes on! :D
  • Three good-hearted men obtain a variety of jobs which require skills they do not possess. This usually concludes with things becoming worse than they initally were, with plenty of emphasis on physical punishment.

The greatest comedy team that ever walked the face of the earth. Although they were particularly unintelligent, the 6 men(Moe,Larry,Curly,Shemp,Joe,Curly-Joe) made up for it with determination, patience, and innocence. Almost every short is something special, as the Stooges do their best to tackle a large variety of jobs. Many people tend to overlook some of the brilliant verbal humor inserted into their films periodically. Everything from puns to now dated and obscure refrences. They also used a vast mixture of vaudville rountines from the "3 watches" to dressing in drag. Their mannerisms and availibilty to the public have allowed them to age far better than their contemperaries. The world is indebted to them!
  • Hilarious From Beginning to End

"Moe, Larry, cheese!!" Do you remember Curly shouting those words? As kids, we used to exchange famous lines from the Three Stooges. While this unlikely trio brutally beat on each other, we knew better than to try the things they did in real life. I guess that is one of the reasons the show was so funny-the Stooges did things none of us could ever do.

One of the things that kept the show interesting was its variety. You saw the Stooges in hospitals, boxing rings, haunted houses, and camp grounds. They could be seen delivering goods, singing, cooking, building houses, or taming wild beasts. They were creative men indeed.

The show has proven to be success on the decades. Even with the death of some of its main characters, the show continued to entertain new generations. Thanks Moe. Thanks Larry. Thanks Curly. You won't be forgotten.
  • Best Old Time Comedy. I love the Slappin' and WoobWoob by Curly, haha.

I wasnt even born at the time this was produced, but after watching some of these classic episodes on VHS Cassettes, I knew I was hooked on it. This is one of those Timeless Classics everyone talks about.

Amazingly, We have multiple Video Cassettes and a DVD of the Series. Five Cassettes and One DVD. A lot of people I talk to thought it was...stupid. But some still think that yes indeed, it is funny.

However, I must agree that part of it is their Stupid Behavior. But heck, you can't argue with the results. If this was still running in NEW Episodes TODAY, It could be a hit with a little fine tuning. 10 Out of 10 For a Final Rating here folks.
  • Good ole Humour!

This show was way before my time but they did play reruns when I was younger. The Three Stooges is one of the most hilarious shows that I have watched. Only The Three Stooges can pull off this type of humour. They work well to play off each other, even for the many actor switches they have faced due to unfortunate circumstances.

This show doesn't have any of the sick humour that some of the comedy shows have today. This is a show that kids can watch without learning profanity, rude gestures, and little violence.

This show is great for a family to sit down together and have many laughs. Have a family moment watch The Three Stooges!
  • SO Verry funnnnyy

Its true this is sooo great.There had been diffrent stooges over the years i beleive they were: Curly Joe Moe Larry Curly and Shemp. I beleive Shemp,Moe&Curly are real Brothers last name Howard. Moe is usally the outgoing one who was the leader, Curly is usally the funnist and can have "duh" moments :D and Larry is kinda like the Runt of the little lol usally being bossed around by Moe. this show was in the 30s and 40s so its in black & White but on some DVDs they made it color somehow :D Sadly they are all dead now but ppl (like me) still love the show.
  • True Gods of Comedy!

Moe, Larry, Curly, and when duty called, Shemp. These mugs was the pioneers of comedy. (Why, certainly! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.) Sometimes they really clobbered themselves (and others) just to make joes like us laugh. While many will say that Shemp was no Curly, he wasn't a lightweight either. Shemp could definitely get slapped around with the best of 'em. (Not to take anything away from Curly, he was a true comedy genius!) Even after the Stooges films turn 100, they will still be causing sides to split, and pants to be p*ssed in. The only oddity in the career of the Stooges was "Curly" Joe Besser. What was that all about?
  • The Most Hilarious Comedy Trio in Black & White

The Three Stooges have always been very funny since theyt aired on television. Moe Howard, Larry Fine, and Curly Howard are my favorite trio. Shemp Howard, Joe Besser, and Curly Joe DeRita are that great replacing Curly. Moe is the leader of the trio. Larry is likely as a moderately wacky character and second member. Curly is my favorite character. He's totally hilarious when he chuckles, "Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!", growls like a dog, whoops, and acts like an idiot. Shemp was actually the third original stooge until Curly replaced him temporarily.

Even though this show is off the air, I really wish the Three Stooges come back to television. I can't afford to buy the DVD set of the Three Stooges. I don't care if that show was in black-and-white. It's what makes this series original.
  • This show is hysterical.

This is the best comedy in black and white ever made besides the Beverly hillbillies. If their were a competition between the two show I just mentioned, I would pick both to be the winner. So Moe Larry and Curly are idiots and their are grown men but this show is funny. Their is not one time that I watch an episode and I don't laugh.
  • Three Stooges Columbia Pictures Shorts on TV

I grew up watching the Three Stooges on WKBD channel 50 in Detroit. This was in the 1980's. They started on TV in 1958 and are still on television today. The films we see on TV were made between 1934 & 1958 so how is that for popularity. These original movie theatre shorts now seen on TV deserve nothing less then a 10.
  • three stooges doing crazy things. great show.

the show was best in it's time with hilarious acts of comedy making the show what it is. larry, moe, and curly always having a funny plot to it and the acting is great it's a great show it maybe before my time but it still is the number 1# black and white show ever. it's a great show.
  • This show is about three crazy guys who live in a boring town, and lighten it up.

I used to love this show as a kid, i liked ther black and white episodes as well as the color. I would laugh for hours at this show. there were so many episodes, and i only saw about half of them, and i enjoyed the comedy of the show, well, only the episodes that i saw. One thing i didnt like was how they continued to chane from curly to joe and back, without explanation of what happened to the character before. I also dont like how i can never catch an episode and how, i only have like fifve episodes on tape. Other than those few problems, I like the show.
  • Amazing, this show is what I grew up on, and by then it was cancelled!

Thats why it was so good, almost 20 years after it was cancelled, it was such classic comedy, and enjoyable for all audiances. Kids to adults can watch it and just laugh at the stupidity of the trio, and the gags they pull off. Just think, now a days we find sexually explicit things on TV to be funny, but back then, a simple strict notion from Moe to the other two was funny! I mean, you can't get better then that kind of entertainment which really hits that funny bone at some times. Unlike other programs, they knew when they were about to go over topics again, they never did this, making it the revolutionary classic this was. Though it had a short run, it was somthing you really do not want to miss when you see these kind of shows on TV.

I believe SPIKE TV has them on weekends, so maybe get the kids up early and take a gander :)
  • How can you dislike the Stooges it's a classic

I would have to say my favorite Stooge is Curly. I never cared for Schemp, and Larry, & Moe were really good, just not as funny as Curly to me. The show obviously wouldn't work if any of the 3 weren't on it, because they set up each others jokes, and make each other look good too. Who's eyes would they try to poke, or who's head would they bonk with their fists. They all had a huge part in the sucess of the show, it is a timeless classic, that still is big in re-runs, VHS, & DVD's and will probably be big for a long time to come.
  • I own every 3 Stooges episode on dvd.

Gents Without Cents is my favourite Stooge episode. I laugh at the Niagara Falls bit. That is a classic. If you haven't seen this episode, don't wait. See it as soon as possible. If you are thinking about what your life is missing, this is it. Tell your friends about this episode too.
  • The Best Slapstickers EVER!

The 3 Stooges are the funniest people ever [well in the old days] and have been popular for over 75 years [I taped the special]. The Stooges endured a lot like Curly and Shemps death [I creid] and their boss giving them the royal screw job. But the stooges are the first kings of comedy so I thonk it is only fitting do do this as an ending....... Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Arrrfff Arrrfff Arrfff Naaa Naaa Naaa Naaa Naaa Whoop [slap] [poke] [boing]
  • THE original kings of comedy.

The Three Stooges are, by far, the fathers of comedy. Had it not been for them, we would have great comedians, like Adam Sandler or Jack Black.

Anyway, each Stooge are memorable in their own moment, as every daily routines turns into havoc that not only gets them into trouble, they also happen to clean up the mess, though they manage to make things up in the end.

So, the next time you want to be in comedy, think of these three lumpheads.

In the words of Curly: Nyuk nyuk nyuk!
  • A Very funny slapstick comedy that an entire family could set down and watch and laugh ALOT. May have had some nonrealistic antics but so does everything else especially wrestling. Clean fun on this show with a written script that sometimes was rewritte

Would recommend this series of shows to everyone old and young. Wish some of these producers nowadays would learn from the oldies and come out with something an entire family could watch and enjoy. Soaps and reality shows or talk shows are all you see with most sexually oriented or language so vulgar no one should pay attention to their effort (or lack their of) to try and entertain the viewers. All I see in the 3 Stooges is pure clean fun that will make everyone in the house laugh.
  • Very funny

I love this show because it's sooooo funny. It was funny before Shemp came in. The ones with Curly are the good ones. Curly is the funniest character in the show because he's an idiot and clumsy. But this show is very very very funny, well maybe not very very very funny, but it's very funny.
  • the funnyest show

Hi, I think that "The Three Stooges" is one of the funnyest shows ever! If you like to have a very good laghf then this is the show for you! I give this show a 10. I gave the show a 10 because I love funny shows! I personaly love the older ones not the newer ones. so I would give it a chance if I were you. Thank you for reading my revew about the show "The Three Stooges". so remember if you want to laghf of your chair I would watch the show if i were you! bye :)
  • Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

The three stooges are a personal favorite of many actors and actresses in Hollywood. The show has influenced today's comedies. My favorite character is Curly. "Nyuk nyuk nyuk!" Moe was the boss of the funny trio and often slapped Larry and Curly when he got pissed off at them.
    "Remind me to kill you later." (Moe)
    "I'll make a note of it." (Curly)
    "Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?! (Larry)
    I especially liked it when they smacked each other around. As the summary suggests, they really do make a mess of things wherever they go. "Whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoop!"
    Shemp was not really as funny as Curly, but he made funny noises with his mouth when something happened. Sometimes a piece of paper came out of his mouth when he did that. I don't really remember the Joe character that well. Sometimes the characters were placed in stupid situations in which they were not together and that brought my grade down. A definite classic indeed!
  • This program focuses on three not very bright, violent people who go through almost every career imaginable and somehow manage to mess the job up but save the day in the end.

One of the funniest shows of all time, the Three Stooges makes me laugh everytime I see it. The funny stooges were Moe, Larry and Curly. Shemp wasn't great, but he had his moments. Curly Joe...well, he's something else. Something WORSE! Anyway, every single episode involved slap fights and classic jokes that will keep the audience laughing. I don't know how anyone can not think this is a good show, because it stopped making episodes 60 years ago, and yet it is still on. This is one of the best cancelled shows ever, and all of the jokes and funny moments in it never get old.
  • Crudd I like this show.

I think that The Three Stooges is a really funny show. They should make new episodes of the 3 Stooges, with different actors playing the stooges. My favorite Stooge Moment is when Larry and Shemp invented a tack gun and Moe's behind was facing them. While Larry and Shemp were arguing over the tack gun, they accidentally shot the tacks in Moe's butt. There's another Stooge Moment of mine that I like, and it is funny. In most episodes Larry Fine gets his hair pulled off by Moe or accidentally by Shemp. I liked the episode where they were on this train and wreaking havoc all over the place.
  • The three stooges can't get any better than this. This is my favorite TV show, and I'm so happy they're on TV again

If you're looking for pure comedy, turn to the Three Stooges. There's no alternative to these geniuses of comedy, who are back on tv! (Thank you Spike TV!). They can't get any better than they already are. Some of the episodes are pure classics, but that doesn't mean the rest aren't classics. They are all classics, and a very few are the best. Some websites I reccomend are threestooges.net and threestooges.com On threestooges.net you can watch about all of the Stooges shorts on the computer for free, and if they don't have them, you can buy them on DVD. The really early ones are the ones they don't have. Well, that's all I have to say about the Stooges. Two Thumbs up!

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
  • It doesn't get any better than this.

This has quickly become one of my favorite comedy series ever. I first watched the Stooges on AMC, but I never expected it to get dropped. Thankfully, Spike TV has brought it back so I can watch it every day. I've kept track of the shorts I watched with the first authorized Stooges book. So far, I've watched 57 of them. Most of them, believe it or not, were good and have the humor you'd expect from them. Such as, "Get the tools." "What tools?" "The tools you've been using for the last 10 years!" "Oh, those tools." All in all, this has got to be one of Columbia's most memorable productions. The fact that it's on DVD and television just makes it even better.