Tick, The (Animated)

Coach Fussell's Lament

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Sep 30, 1995 on FOX

• Much better then The Tick Vs. The Brainchild

When a giant nanny in a robotic suit terroizes the city the Ticks tries to stop her and gets captured by her and takes him to Brainchild. It seems Brainchild created a device that turned the Tick into a two head bird who can only speak high school french and decides to auction him off to the highest bidding super villian, unless Arthur, Sewer Urchin, Die Flatormas, and American Maid gets in there way. I like this episode, which is strange because I didn't like The Tick Vs. The Brainchild. It was great to see some good ol' villians again(The Idea Men, Chairface Chippendale, Proffesor Chromedome, Pinnapple Pokopo, and The Terror). THe one thing I don't like about this episode is that El Seed trees appear but not El Seed himself.
  • This episode features an all-star cast of infamous villains as well as Tick’s ever-present allies. Unfortunately, its not enough to really save this episode.

4.8
    This is not a particularly memorable episode. By this point, the audience has become very familiar with the style of humor used in this program, and it becomes more difficult to evoke decent laughs. The only real pleasure to be derived from this episode comes from the fact that there are so many guest appearances. We’ve got the return of Brainchild, as well as Pineapple Pokobo, the Terror, Chairface Chippendale, Chrome Dome and the Idea Men.

Despite this episodes mundane antics, I did get a kick out of seeing the Tick shrunken to the size of a doll and given a second head. This episode is for die-hard Tick fans only.