Tick, The (Animated)

FOX (ended 1996)

Gislef

Tick, The (Animated) Fan Reviews (32)

• A screamingly funny send-up of the superhero genre! The clueless yet profound Tick, his harried sidekick Arthur trying to pay the bills and deal with his sister who just doesn't understand...

I have to say this was brilliant! It was on at 8:30 in the morning when I was in college, we would get up early Saturday mornings to watch it, then go back to sleep! The Tick and his wonderful seemingly inane commentary, but if you think about it, he's reallly deep! I loved the parodies of classic superheroes like Der Fledermaus and American Maid, but the others were great, too, from Sewer Urchin and the Human Bullet, to the little-seen Bi-Polar Bear!

And the villains! The Breadmaster! El Seed & his cornfield army! I liked how there was continuity in this show, not something you usually see in animation. Like the C H A that was in the moon right from the time Chairface Chippendale carved his initials into in, and that continuity continued right up to when Omnipotus took a bite out of the moon! There was a later episode with some background music, the song was 'I'll Take A Bite Out of The Moon For You!'

Just a great show, I missed it & of course I own it on DVD now! The FOX TV live-action series was okay, brilliant casting of Patrick Warburton as the Tick, he nailed it, but that's another site!