Tick, The (Animated)

The Tick vs. Arthur's Bank Account

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Feb 11, 1995 on FOX

• SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

The Tick tries to create new gadgets to help them fight crime, but when he gets a crime lab he accidentaly blows up part of the apartment and Arthur kicks him out. The only thing the Tick does is spent all his time in thecrime tower singing about how big and blue he is. Unfortunatly An 115 year old villian named the Terror, along with his league of evil, Tuun-la (Not of this world), Stanligard, The Human Ton and his sock puppet Handy(who makes fun of everyone and shouts "Read a Book!!") and the Man Eatting Cow, form a plan to kidnnap the mayor. This is a really funny episode with the first appereance of the Tick's battle cry "SPOOOOOOOON!" and Arthurs battle cry "Not in the face, Not in the face." I really like the league of terror, the terror is a good villian for a really old guy. The best one is the Man Eatting Cow, too bad this is the only episode he appears in.
  • Let the battle cry go forth: SPOOOOOOOOON!

While this may not be one of the funnier episodes of the Tick, I still feel that it is something of a landmark. For starters, we get the TICK SIGNAL!; A symbol so lame looking, that even the Tick fails to recognize it when he needs to. But more importantly, this is the episode that spawned the Tick’s infamous battle cry, SPOON! Maybe its just me, but I giggle my fat pimply butt off every time I hear him say that. We also get the first appearance of one of my favorite villains, the Terror. The Terror is a 100+ year old ex-Nazi who tries to take over Washington with his new gang of thugs. There’s also this really amusing character called the Living Ton who comes armed with a hand-puppet called Socko. Socko’s voice is hysterical and he is constantly screaming at people to “read a book!” The Terror himself, makes a FANTASTIC return appearance in my favorite episode, Grandpa Wore Tights.

The Tick Versus Arthur’s Bank Account is a solid, classic ep.